Quick and Basic Daily Routine Suggestions

The title says it all, I need some of your recommended daily routines that are quick and easy. I'll start with what I already do.

As I log in, other than the log in rewards and the black lion requisition supplies I open and check the daily exchanges on the Karmic Converter, the Ley-Energy Matter Converter, The Fractal Reliquary and I exchange by spare Bloodstone Dust/Empyreal Fragments as well as my Unbound magic with the Gleam of Sentience. Then I teleport to my home instance and I gather everything there. Next comes logging to my parked alts, mostly to EoD Jade Runestones spots for a total of 7-8 Runestones daily. Then if I'm feeling extra special I get the 3 Large Essence Chests on the West side of Bjoras Marches. Sprinkled along these I try to do my dailies, I always pick the easiest ones, namely the Vista Viewer, Lumberer/Miner/Forager, Mystic Forger, Big Spender and Bounty Hunter. 

That's my Basic Routine, now I want some suggestions to ad to it, and please keep it simple, quick and easy, no daily fractals, or PvP/WvW. I want things that can be done with 0 effort other than pressing W and spamming Interact on stuff. 

Just looked it up, sounds interesting, I wasn't actually aware of that, probably because I never really got into fishing, but I can give that a shot.

EDIT: Yup got the right fish with my second catch and that's just under 2 gold for that, nice. I imagine I'm not gonna be that luck every day but as long as it doesn't take over 5-10 minutes it seems good. 

Edited by jason.1083

First thing I do every day is check the discount tyrian defense seal vendor for kodan or olmakhan boxes at twenty seals. If you don't have those seals you're not doing dragonstorm enough which would be my second suggestion. After than be sure to check your psna vendors and buy cache keys in drizzlewood . . .

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

First thing I do every day is check the discount tyrian defense seal vendor for kodan or olmakhan boxes at twenty seals. If you don't have those seals you're not doing dragonstorm enough which would be my second suggestion. After than be sure to check your psna vendors and buy cache keys in drizzlewood . . .

I do Dragonstorm, for sometime I did it daily, I know it's good, but it just gets boring after a while, and also it's not a totally braindead thing, Auric Basin takes less effort and it's rewards are repeatable every 2 hours (except the hero's cache ofc). Thanks for mentioning it though, I intend for this thread to help others who might want to get some ideas for their daily routines as well .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jason.1083 said:

I'd do that if I was in a guild, but I prefer not to. It qualifies as a braindead routine though, so thanks for adding to the pile. 

There are guilds which only exist to use the gathering nodes and npc vendors. 100 % guaranteed no group-activities, no social interactions and nobody asking any questions. If you are interested, see my signature. We have access to two guildhalls at the moment which can be farmed both daily.

How to use excessive materials which have no gizmos:
- Obsidian Shards: Ash Legion Provisioner at Diessa Gate Waypoint (northern exit) of the Black Citadel.
- Reclaimed Metal Plate: Quartermaster Natomi at Shipwreck Waypoint (entrance) of Verdant Brink.
- Auric Dust converted into Auric Ingots (auric silver from TP): Scavenger Rakatin (entrance) of Auric Basin. 
All these vendors give you 1 Provisioner Token for the materials, which normally have no real use for you anymore. You can exchange those tokens for:
Exotic Equipment Stachel for 10 PT (random exotic weapon)
Crafter's Supply Bag for 5 PT (contains materials worth ~ 30 s)
OR if you are going for legendary runes/sigils
Gift of Craftsmanship for 50 PT

While this method sounds rather annoying, it is done by a lot of people nowadays. It is better than deleting stacks of those materials and you actually get something useful in the long run. If you farm guildhall nodes, you get an excess of Obsidian Shards automatically. I do the conversions every day, found a route where I can fit them vendors into my travel-tour. I work on the runes/sigils at the moment. But once I am done with that, I'll probably go for the crafter's supply bag.

If you have excess of karma and/or a daily karma income of 32k+, buy Pact Scout's Mapping Materials from the PSNA. You can get good money/materials with the map-reward-tracks. Same as with the Provisioner Tokens above, just collect them for a while and when you have some more time, check what you want. If you are crafting legendary weapons or other expensive stuff, these can also be used to get rare high-tier materials.

Park a character on top of the Sanctum of Nabkha, which has three massive chests to be looted daily. Note: There are a lot of players up there, more crowded than EoTN sometimes ^^. But I would use a level 80 character. There are mobs up there with ranged attacks.
AND
If you happen to have a guildhall, you can just enter it with that character, empty your non-materials loot into your bank and leave the guildhall. You will be at the same location again. That is why we dummy characters there. 

Those are mostly my dailies at the moment. I farm 4 guildhalls with gathering nodes, check 5 different guild-commendation vendors for Boxes of WvW Supplies. Those can be used to skip/speedclear the Daily WvW World Ranker - a task that would normally take a lot of time to complete. Another WvW daily which is quick to complete is the Big Spender (purchase anything for 25 badges, 2x catapult blueprints and 1 x flame ram blueprint). Everything else requires 'work'.

I farm Quartz in Dry Top & Crystal Oasis and my home instance, get my daily Charged Quartz. I use those for Pieces of Skyscale Food, but there are other recipes, which also give good money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

There are guilds which only exist to use the gathering nodes and npc vendors. 100 % guaranteed no group-activities, no social interactions and nobody asking any questions. If you are interested, see my signature. We have access to two guildhalls at the moment which can be farmed both daily.

How to use excessive materials which have no gizmos:
- Obsidian Shards: Ash Legion Provisioner at Diessa Gate Waypoint (northern exit) of the Black Citadel.
- Reclaimed Metal Plate: Quartermaster Natomi at Shipwreck Waypoint (entrance) of Verdant Brink.
- Auric Dust converted into Auric Ingots (auric silver from TP): Scavenger Rakatin (entrance) of Auric Basin. 
All these vendors give you 1 Provisioner Token for the materials, which normally have no real use for you anymore. You can exchange those tokens for:
Exotic Equipment Stachel for 10 PT (random exotic weapon)
Crafter's Supply Bag for 5 PT (contains materials worth ~ 30 s)
OR if you are going for legendary runes/sigils
Gift of Craftsmanship for 50 PT

While this method sounds rather annoying, it is done by a lot of people nowadays. It is better than deleting stacks of those materials and you actually get something useful in the long run. If you farm guildhall nodes, you get an excess of Obsidian Shards automatically. I do the conversions every day, found a route where I can fit them vendors into my travel-tour. I work on the runes/sigils at the moment. But once I am done with that, I'll probably go for the crafter's supply bag.

If you have excess of karma and/or a daily karma income of 32k+, buy Pact Scout's Mapping Materials from the PSNA. You can get good money/materials with the map-reward-tracks. Same as with the Provisioner Tokens above, just collect them for a while and when you have some more time, check what you want. If you are crafting legendary weapons or other expensive stuff, these can also be used to get rare high-tier materials.

Park a character on top of the Sanctum of Nabkha, which has three massive chests to be looted daily. Note: There are a lot of players up there, more crowded than EoTN sometimes ^^. But I would use a level 80 character. There are mobs up there with ranged attacks.
AND
If you happen to have a guildhall, you can just enter it with that character, empty your non-materials loot into your bank and leave the guildhall. You will be at the same location again. That is why we dummy characters there. 

Those are mostly my dailies at the moment. I farm 4 guildhalls with gathering nodes, check 5 different guild-commendation vendors for Boxes of WvW Supplies. Those can be used to skip/speedclear the Daily WvW World Ranker - a task that would normally take a lot of time to complete. Another WvW daily which is quick to complete is the Big Spender (purchase anything for 25 badges, 2x catapult blueprints and 1 x flame ram blueprint). Everything else requires 'work'.

I farm Quartz in Dry Top & Crystal Oasis and my home instance, get my daily Charged Quartz. I use those for Pieces of Skyscale Food, but there are other recipes, which also give good money. 

Although I know most of these, some are just out of my reach like the guild-commendatiomn vendor, because I only ever did very few guild mission in my 5,5 years of playing. And I'm just not interested in joining a guild at all, regardless of it's purpose. Thanks for putting the info out there, and thanks for reminding me about the Sanctum of Nabkha chests, I used to pick them up but I stopped after I took a brief break from the game. 

36 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 already mentioned Ash provisioner vendor in Black Citade. You can buy 1 provisioner token for obsidian shard per day, which is basically free. Provisioner tokens are really annoying to get once you need them so its nice if you have a stock.

They definitely are annoying, but that's why we warn people ahead of time, if someone does meta runs often as well as have a stockpile of Obsidian shards they can easily get 4 tokens daily for free, give it a few months and they I'll have enough tokens to basically get a full set of legendary runes/sigils from the gifts of craftsmanship. 

So as long as you know about it early it's not that bad. Obsidian could use another sink though, I almost have a full bank tab of Obsidian shards and that's after my material storage is full of it. 1 shard a day is just not enough to suppress them. 

Edited by jason.1083

Great list and a lot of good recommendations on top of them!

While not 'daily', I look forward to Monday (my selected weekly day) to hit up weekly purchases... Leivas, Legendary Crafter at Arborstone, offers up to 5 Antique Summoning Stones, each requiring a different currency... While you many not have or want to spend the Green Prophet Shards, Unusual Coin or Imperial Favor, the other 2 cost 1 gold and 7k karma respectively; making for a great return for a quick 6 gold flip (assuming you're not interested in collecting the Stones themselves).  Dugan in WvW also has a nice variety of weekly purchases for WvW currency, which can be accumulated quickly.

Another stop on my Daily routine is to pop in and do the Ley Line Anomaly event... While there is obviously interaction, the event is on a published timer and generally has enough people to complete in a few minutes... A mystic coin is the primary reward; nice return on the time investment.

Like you, I evaluate the Daily before determining whether it has enough quick items to knock off in a few minutes to be worthwhile, however regardless Big Spender is always done; as someone who doesn't enjoy WvW, it's a slow but steady progression on the reward track, even if the return is not realized with every iteration.

Regarding Rare Fish and Taro Everclaw... the recommendation as mentioned is that you make a point of saving all rare fish for when they eventually turn up on Taro's Daily list.  The sacrificed filet yield is measured in copper, so negligible... You may not have any now, but even if and when you do a little fishing (say when you're chasing the Daily Fish), at that point you're already out there fishing... take an extra couple of minutes and pull out a few extra Rare fish to store for next time... 

Lastly, the obvious first thing is to ensure that you've topped off on any relevant boosters... You've mentioned your aversion to joining a Guild... However I will just point out as well, that in addition to the node farming, you can grab the Guild Enhancement... a selectable buff that can provide a choice of 20% critical harvesting, 10% XP, 10% MF, etc.  As pointed out, there are many guilds that don't require participation or even representation... you rep in order to jump to your guild hall, farm the nodes and apply/reset your buff, and de-rep upon exiting... 

Thanks for your post and some nice suggestions... best of luck to you!

• Like 3

Thanks for taking the time to reply so thoroughly. I always grab the antique summoning stones as well, even though they're far cheaper than they used to when EoD launched it's still worth it. As a solo player I don't have green prophet shards to spare but because of my parked characters I got loads of unusual coins and imperial favor so I at least grab 4/5 available weekly. 

About the Big Spender daily, I actually enjoy WvW but I do it regardless if I actually have time to play it, I always carry the portable provisioner gizmo on my main so I do that without even leaving my inventory. And I have enough badges of honor to last me a lifetime doing this. And when to comes to Dugan I mostly use him to buy 2/5 WvW ranks when ofc World Ranker is daily and don't have the energy to actually play it.

About the boosters, well I may have an aversion to guilds, that's mostly because I've been in my fair share of them in the past, and I've actually lead a small guild myself, and I realized that they are not really for me. 

For that reason though, even if I not in any guild outside a guild I use for bank space, I have kept my 10% WvW exp boost from my last one, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that you don't loose it after you leave the guild you took it from. But maybe I should consider joining one those passive guilds. Idk, I really got to think about it...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jason.1083 said:

I always carry the portable provisioner gizmo on my main so I do that without even leaving my inventory

O.M.G.  I can't believe that I've been jumping to WvW in order to do this...  I had misunderstood the gizmo's meaning "'while in WvW", and assumed that you had to be within that game-mode to summon the vendor.  Fantastic to learn of my mistake; that is one gold very well spent, thank you!!

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

O.M.G.  I can't believe that I've been jumping to WvW in order to do this...  I had misunderstood the gizmo's meaning "'while in WvW", and assumed that you had to be within that game-mode to summon the vendor.  Fantastic to learn of my mistake; that is one gold very well spent, thank you!!

Glad everyone can learn something! 

16 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

'Big Spender' can be fulfilled in the Guild Hall, as well (purchase 1 Badge of Tribute). 

Thank you; I didn't know that either... so for a cost of a trip to the Guild Hall and an extra 5 Badges of Honor (30 vs 25 through WvW), I get a Badge of Tribute, sellable at 8-10 silver... Seems like a decent way to liquidate some of those excess Badges of Honor as well... Nice.

6 hours ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

you rep in order to jump to your guild hall, farm the nodes and apply/reset your buff, and de-rep upon exiting.

...just to correct some misinformation here; you can travel to the Hall and farm the nodes without having to represent... However you do need to represent once in the Hall in order to transact with the vendors... my bad; I was thinking of accessing the vaults and not the hall...

9 hours ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

...just to correct some misinformation here; you can travel to the Hall and farm the nodes without having to represent... However you do need to represent once in the Hall in order to transact with the vendors... my bad; I was thinking of accessing the vaults and not the hall...

Nice of you to clarify, but I think if you're at that point representing a guild for 1 minute to collect a few nodes is not the end of the world, the randomness of the collected materials is something that puts me off. 

When you can go and gather much higher value materials elsewhere in the same amount of time, guild hall nodes just don't feel right, same as WvW synthesizers. 

Edited by jason.1083
  • Confused 1

On 7/9/2023 at 7:12 PM, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Those are mostly my dailies at the moment. I farm 4 guildhalls with gathering nodes, 

Hi, I’m in your guild too!

I just wondered how you are able to farm four guilds daily. I used to be able to farm three, the 4th was blank, but since the latest update (or maybe something else that changed) I can only mine two. Is there some trick to it, such as “repping” each guild in turn,  because it doesn’t seem to work for me.

Thanks in advance (and thanks even more for the great guild too! 😀)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malarkey.3021 said:

Hi, I’m in your guild too!

I just wondered how you are able to farm four guilds daily. I used to be able to farm three, the 4th was blank, but since the latest update (or maybe something else that changed) I can only mine two. Is there some trick to it, such as “repping” each guild in turn,  because it doesn’t seem to work for me.

Thanks in advance (and thanks even more for the great guild too! 😀)

If one of the Guilds upgraded to the tier another Guild has, you will only be able to gather from one (with the same tier). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If one of the Guilds upgraded to the tier another Guild has, you will only be able to gather from one (with the same tier). 

Thank you for that info. So is it correct that you can only harvest nodes from guilds with different tiers of synthesizers, i.e. Guild 1 - tier 1, Guild 2 - tier 2, Guild 3 - tier 3, etc?

In which case, would you know if it is possible to view/verify in-game what level a guild’s synthesizers are, without confirmation from guild leaders?