The Ventari situation

Vansjel.5297

Well, boys, we need to talk a little bit about that one legend most people don't even know exists, even among fellow Revenant players, and that is Ventari, the healer legend.

After the changes to quickness (and even before, in my opinion), Ventari has clearly become the most outdated legend. Here are some issues I see with Ventari:

1. Despite being a healer legend, his heal is not good enough: It is convenient, I mean, you have a lot of range, but the value itself is not sufficient.

2. The cost of Natural Harmony is super high: If, from the developers' perspective, it would be overpowered if it were lower (which I don't think it would), then increase the cooldown a little. However, the problem is that the skill is SO expensive that you can only heal twice after changing to Ventari.

3. Herald slave: Since Ventari focuses only on healing and cleansing, you are basically forced to play him with Glint to get the boons. I think that's bad; I wish Ventari could AT LEAST provide regeneration and some other boon, even if it overlaps with Glint. This would make it nicer to play him with the other legends. And yeah, you can go Renegade, but it doesn't land the same way imo

4. Ventari and Quickness: So now we need to use the bubble to grant quickness. The thing is, the bubble, plus any other healing skill, completely drains the Energy bar, making it surprisingly hard to use other skills. This is another reason why I'd like a cost reduction, at least in Natural Harmony, to make the play style smoother and more consistent. At the moment, when I activate Ventari, I am forced to only do basic attacks if I want to either heal or provide quickness, and that's quite frustrating.

Extra request: I'd like a small reduction in the casting speed of Energy Expulsion. At the moment, it is slow to the point that it makes some rotations rather annoying when swapping to other legends.

I wish the developers could give some love to this legend. I'm not asking for huge changes, but it would make the gameplay so much better, in my opinion.

I don't know if there is anything else that could be improved.

Edited by Vansjel.5297
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Following centaur stance and salvation traitline :

° Minor trait serene rejuvenation (Purifying Essence):  3 sec regeneration => 3 sec resolution.  25 energy => 20 energy

° Centaur skill 1 (Project Tranquility): each 3 sec pulsing heal grants 2 second regeneration.

• Confused 1

The first skill is a small heal, not regeneration, and it is really, really small. It only works if the tablet is in the target location when it pulses, and in some chaotic fights, it can be surprisingly hard to heal reliably.

As for the trait, I don't know about you, but 3 seconds (up to maybe 6 with 100% concentration) doesn't seem to last long enough to even consider it. Additionally, you need to use the skill to grant those bonuses, but in practice, you'll run out of energy so fast that it's not reliable enough, in my opinion.

Edited by Vansjel.5297
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Vansjel.5297 said:

The first skill is a small heal, not regeneration, and it is really, really small. It only works if the tablet is in the target location when it pulses, and in some chaotic fights, it can be surprisingly hard to heal reliably.

As for the trait, I don't know about you, but 3 seconds (up to maybe 6 with 100% concentration) doesn't seem to last long enough to even consider it. Additionally, you need to use the skill to grant those bonuses, but in practice, you'll run out of energy so fast that it's not reliable enough, in my opinion.

the first skill I meant, like it pulses healing + ontop that regeneration boon. Since regen boon lacks and this is ez apply if you position your tablet well for your team as requirement. Because of this there is more room for other stances in combo. But I wouldn't put more passive healing ontop of that except this. (keep in mind scepter might give next expansion some help, maybe or maybe not). 

About the trait, it can be upped to 5 seconds without concentration, but anything more is overkill. If they reduce the energy ontop of it a little, it is to keep using all centaur skills. 

gaining those boons requires situational useage when needed and awareness. It requires still energy management controll and shouldn't be made too ez. The skills are already on low enough cd for using it often when required.

About the herald upkeep issue, 6 upkeep is too much indeed. You don't get enough controll over other abilties even with high enough concentration like you should.

Quickness herald => herald facet of nature 4 upkeep instead of 3 upkeep and give the quickness requirement 4 upkeep minimum.

3 hours ago, Vansjel.5297 said:

Despite being a healer legend, his heal is not good enough: It is convenient, I mean, you have a lot of range, but the value itself is not sufficient.

I find heal numbers from Ventary stance insanely big.  2 uses of heal skill is usually enough to get someone from 10% to full. Also don't forget there is healing besides that one skill.

you can only heal twice after changing to Ventari

I can 4 with charged mists

wish Ventari could AT LEAST provide regeneration and some other boon

It can, on cleanse skill while you have tranquil buff. You get tranquil after u summon tablet (legend swap or after elite) or double tap f2 in Ventary. You have Regen, prot, resistance, stab on Ventary stance.

The thing is, the bubble, plus any other healing skill, completely drains the Energy bar

Try with charged mists, also, often I get 30 sec of quick in herald so I don't really need quickness on Ventary.

Overall comparing heal herald before and now it is much stronger and fells better to play, and addition of stab to Ventary gave it a lot.

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, Polar.8634 said:

Try with charged mists, also, often I get 30 sec of quick in herald so I don't really need quickness on Ventary.

Overall comparing heal herald before and now it is much stronger and fells better to play, and addition of stab to Ventary gave it a lot.

Jking a bit that depends wich version of the before ;P ahah ventari back in the days could heal 16k and 18k in players that had traits that boosted incoming heal on them.

wich imo is a bit confusing when ventari and herald  were super strong herald with arround  perma 1.6k passive regen alone for party was never meta :D nor used.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

5 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Jking a bit that depends wich version of the before

With before o mean latest update, with stab added to Ventary. 

Heals might be bigger way in the past, that was also before Ventary rework when they added radius and some boons on Ventary+ qol. But still, amount of raw healing is strong side of current herald, idk why people say it's weak. And in herald passive healing is still strong, because quickness moved to heal trait

Edited by Polar.8634
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 9:25 PM, Polar.8634 said:

With before o mean latest update, with stab added to Ventary. 

Heals might be bigger way in the past, that was also before Ventary rework when they added radius and some boons on Ventary+ qol. But still, amount of raw healing is strong side of current herald, idk why people say it's weak. And in herald passive healing is still strong, because quickness moved to heal trait

I actually started to use the echo trait for the 5% bonus which i assume they are also aplyed for the alies?

Vindicator heal spams is way more than herald actually, i have been out of the game for 1 year  but on atm ic vindi heals over 1k regen and herald full buffed with over 2k healing power cant pass 800ish on regen ticks, seams pretty nerfed to me, less 300~400 pert tick that i was doing 1 year ago.

maybe Anet f* something? i didnt  saw anything on the updates that explains this new values on Herald, and the stats i have, have more healing power than minstrell lol....

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

which i assume they are also aplyed for the alies

no, they said in video presentation it is only for herald

10 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

i was doing 1 year ago.

i did not compare herald to what it was 1y ago but to other healers, so in that perspective healing looks strong to me. i remember when they overhauled salvation, they changed traits with % increase to healing, maybe that caused herald do less heals. But that overhaul also added boons to ventary so idm. 

11 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Vindicator heal spams is way more than herald actually

it does not do quickness for pve anyways. For wvw sure, vindi is better

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Polar.8634 said:

it does not do quickness for pve anyways. For wvw sure, vindi is better

And that is what sucks atm, vindi has become an upgrade rather than a "horizontal progression" specialization since herald was on pair with is before they just had diferent play styles.

I went to read Echo and yeah it says "grant you additional bonuses" oh bummer.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Polar.8634 said:

idk what is better, as it is now or something like what they done to scourge when gave it alacrity.

lol was about to edit my post i think why i was doing much less heal, i belive echo bonus are actually doing -5% on wvw :]

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Man I am like the only one that runs Ventari because I think it is OP.  Blinding truth has no cooldown so you can spam aoe blind and can therefore maintain  blind totally free. Am I the only one that spams that #$** all day? Its absolutely insane the game lets you do that. 

If I want to spam weapon skills and not use my utility, ventari has the best free benefits.

Also I tested the one that provides shield vs healing and the shielding is actually better. If you let go of healing numbers and think about preventing damage more, it makes him a lot better. 

Edited by spayced.2016
  • Confused 1

On 8/8/2023 at 6:52 AM, Axelteas.7192 said:

The main problem I see is that ventari is bound to revenant which is a damage spec. Having the possibility to equip ventari with a hearld setup would be optimal.

This makes no sense at all. Renegade works just fine with Ventari, and so does Vindicator. Vindicator when it comes to heal output probably benefits the most.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1