Should blocked players be allowed to join your party / squad ?

MarkoNS.3261

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some guys like to insult you /w kitten kitten kitten, then immediately add you to block list. So it was insult and you can't even insult them/say your appologies in return. That's when squad invite comes in handy. You can invite that bad person in squad and continue your insultation conversation. And most of the bad people will not show that they are afraid of you, they propably will accept invitation.Your sincerely Nilson.9865 , salt expert.Edit: I should have vote for Yes.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:and should we teach players on every daily fractal run ? no if i ask for 100+ essences and someone who is not performing well joins or is messing up my first instinct is not hey im going to teach this guy no ! kick him and replace him so he can stop wasting my time and he can practice on his own time.

I have no problem with you wanting to run your group like this. And I can see why you'd like to prevent someone you /kicked from returning to the group. (And I admit: that particular use-case didn't occur to me before, probably because I've never been in the situation.)

However, I don't think that it's a good solution to prevent every player from joining if they are on the blocked list of one/more members of the party. As stated above, that is likely to lead to all sorts of foreseeable (and unpredictable) problems.

If ANet is going to spend time on this (and I'm not 100% convinced that they should), I'd rather they spend time on overhauling the friend/lfg/block system from the ground up. Since BETA, there have been all sorts of ideas for how people would like to store names & it seems likely that there's a better way to prevent someone you just kicked from rejoining.

In other words, while you might use your block list solely for people you don't want to see on your team, other people have used it for entirely other reasons and wouldn't mind seeing /blocked rejoin.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:and should we teach players on every daily fractal run ? no if i ask for 100+ essences and someone who is not performing well joins or is messing up my first instinct is not hey im going to teach this guy no ! kick him and replace him so he can stop wasting my time and he can practice on his own time.

I have no problem with you wanting to run your group like this. And I can see why you'd like to prevent someone you /kicked from returning to the group. (And I admit: that particular use-case didn't occur to me before, probably because I've never been in the situation.)

However, I don't think that it's a good solution to prevent every player from joining if they are on the blocked list of one/more members of the party. As stated above, that is likely to lead to all sorts of foreseeable (and unpredictable) problems.

If ANet is going to spend time on this (and I'm not 100% convinced that they should), I'd rather they spend time on overhauling the friend/lfg/block system from the ground up. Since BETA, there have been all sorts of ideas for how people would like to store names & it seems likely that there's a better way to prevent someone you just kicked from rejoining.

In other words, while you might use your block list solely for people you don't want to see on your team, other people have used it for entirely other reasons and wouldn't mind seeing /blocked rejoin.

well at the very least if they overhaul the lfg system they need to make friends followers followed seperated.

@Biff.5312 said:Why not this? Intead of forbidding blocked players from joining, warn the person who blocked them that there is a player joining who they have blocked, and give the option of leaving the group yourself, or of unblocking them temporarily.

whats the point of this if i make a party and someone on my blocked list joins i as the party leader have to leave ? thats just silly.

Archived