Elemenstalist changes

MysteryDude.1572

2 hours ago, Polar.8634 said:

Ur server does not have willbender and soulbeast?

Oh yeah, but compared to the amount of thieves and harbingers? I saw a few of those too, and might be a very subjective view, but I thought half of those zergs you see on the maps consisted of those two classes. 

As I said - subjective view, I just did what had to be done to farm my leggy, but if I think about people complaining about that in the chat I thought it might be true.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

This was a really bad balance patch for elementalist, and frankly none of the nerfs that happened should have. Virtually every nerf targeted the FA variant of cata that was well in hand in pvp and wvw, and has been for months. After two rounds of heavy nerfs it was well positioned in both metas to be a strong build, but able to perform its role and excel in skilled players hands. With its current state this build is nothing but noob bait. You won't have the sustain to handle any fight you cant insta-burst someone down on, and after these damage nerfs I think you would have to find someone afk to pull that off.

The build people were complaining about was the new condi/cele full signet build. That got barely bopped by the changes they pushed through, and really the only reason it got so strong in the first place is because they added auras to the signet trait. There was no need to add auras to that trait in the first place and if they had just removed that interaction the OP signet build would no longer be a problem and FA catas would have been fine. No other build is benefiting from the trait having auras anyways so I dont understand this decision. The next patch should remove auras from signets and undo all the nerfs to scepters and catalyst from yesterdays update.

In the meantime I guess I'm off ele for the foreseeable future. I'm sure the signet build is still good enough, but I never found it fun and if it is still strong people will moan until its nerfed into the ground too. I'm better off playing something that is healthy for the games balance like harbringer, willbender, any thief build, or that stupid druid immobilize build. Getting the signal loud and clear from Anet that those builds are totally balanced and I should have no problem roaming with those.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I know it is off topic but I find it fascinating that the Catalyst energy system is just a better version on Adrenaline and people loose their kitten on how bad it is. All while an entire class has to deal with it but worse.

It's a worse version of Adrenaline because it was designed to work decently only with hammer, a staff healquick catalyst has to take multiple utility skills just to generate energy.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, soulknight.9620 said:

I just love how they shipped a second wave of nerfs to ele in a minor patch a day after the major one. And not a single real concern was adressed. Im starting to suspect that anets "we need time for patches" is bs. 

"Bug Fixes": (interesting "BUGS")

• Written in Stone: This trait now has a 25-second internal cooldown when granting an aura in PvP only.
    - idk what the point of this is, might as well not have auras on it at this point why did they change it and then make it as if it's not even there? why change the trait and then make it give 2 seconds of frost aura every 25 sec? increasing the cd of the signets kinda limited the amount of auras anyway but now this trait is pretty much like conjurer before the nerf "i mean it's nice that it's there but nobody will take it for it" 

• Signet of Restoration: Increased cooldown from 25 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
    - 3k heal too strong i guess...
    warriors remove 5 conditions and heal 6500 on a 20 sec cd

harbingers heal 7k + 1k regen and can put poison on target on a 20 sec cd
    thief signet of malice is on a 12 sec cd like wtf
    guardian signet removes conditions passively and then on active removes 2 heals for 7286 base 25 sec cd...

• Flamestrike: The first strike of this skill no longer inflicts burning in PvP only. Reduced the secondary burning duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second in PvP only.
    -next patch "bugfix" rename this skill to "strike"

• Dragon's Tooth: Reduced burning duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only.
    -did this skill become the most nerfed skill in the game already? i lost track...

i'm fine with this changes, i don't care... i just don't understand the logic behind them, it's simply stupid...
  • Like 2

i am sick of these cata kitten as ele main player. every change try to balance this and damaging core traits, core weapons which are already outdated and subpar.

i dont expect anything from balance team. they are like 6 years old childs in kindergarten. they release bug fix which has devastating changes to their main patch lol. i dont let these kind of people works on my company.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Coldtart.4785 said:

At some point you have to admit that cata needs to be rebuilt from scratch.

It was clear from the first beta that cata didn't have enough time in development. You can just look at the history of how energy has worked in the spec to see that it was not created with a clear and useful vision in mind. At this point the balancing team just needs to go all in on this spec the way they did with FB a few months back. Frankly it needs even more work than FB did. FB has a clear mechanically distinct vision with clear drawback and advantages and cata simply does not have that in anyway. Its a combo field with juiced with boons and stat bonuses and that just doesn't work. You end up with a spec that either doesn't provide enough boons and stats to be worth playing, or it does and it overshadows everything else. Catalyst is a boring spec that is actively hurting the balance of the entire rest of the profession.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 7/18/2023 at 4:54 PM, RaveOnYou.2819 said:

anet again screwed the balance, while they are trying to fix their own fault(signet kitten), they delete one spec from competitive game modes. there was a simple solution first remove signet/aura thing and bring some slight arrangements to scepter and hammer skills. they totally halved all cata traits god sake.

Which spec did ANet delete from the competitive game modes?

On 7/23/2023 at 1:04 PM, Fearless.3569 said:

Which spec did ANet delete from the competitive game modes?

ALL  range condy variants across core/weaver/tempest.  I personally played about 15 variants over the last couple years. What we are left with is this awful CATA crap.

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563