combo buffing

BobbyT.7192

I am old enough to remember when you wanted to stack a buff like might or have really good healing, you find your nearest friendly water or fire field and blast that like crazy.

Didn't need specific comps, game balance wasn't dependent on these methods. Just needed a player to product these field, and another blast it. Simple

Only down side you had to be worried about was the field that you put down being covered up by another.

I really want to see combo field and finisher looked at and try and get away from the problems this game seems to be having with these boon support class.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

I believe they fixed some of that a while back, its just the combo effects are mostly not needed with the beefed out specs. Fixed too late.

What changes did they make to combos/fields? Been away from the game so didn't know if something major happened. Last I knew, they added a field and that's about it.

I also wish that to be a build direction that each profession can specialize in via skills and traits... Like traits that specifically alter the effects of their combos/fields. I probably seen like a noob for suggesting it, but it sounds far more entertaining than slapping quickness/alacrity on random traits.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

I am old enough to remember when you wanted to stack a buff like might or have really good healing, you find your nearest friendly water or fire field and blast that like crazy.

Didn't need specific comps, game balance wasn't dependent on these methods. Just needed a player to product these field, and another blast it. Simple

Only down side you had to be worried about was the field that you put down being covered up by another.

I really want to see combo field and finisher looked at and try and get away from the problems this game seems to be having with these boon support class.

You truly have a good memory, necros were kicked on a spot, because they have too many combo blasts and useful combo fields. Not like elementalists or guardians.