Mace/pistol Spellbreaker

Guy.9207

I just thought about having a cursed weapon combo for upcoming expansion.

Being arguably the worst weapon in the game, Mace as a mainhand weapon doesn't do much damage and instead only CCs people and blocks attack every now and then. Pair this with an offhand Pistol that should have been ranged, it might sound like a really bad idea.

Which it probably is, but then it allows for some gimmicks like:

- Stun-locking people, then unloading your pistol in their face

- Blocking even more because of Aegis from Pistol 4 + Mace 2 (because Spellbreaker out of all Warriors needs more ways to block/evade attacks lmao)

- Giving a middle finger to a Pistol/Pistol Deadeye while running Shield Master because above

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 1:28 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Not that Mh Mace gets nerfed in the end. 

If they nerf the objectively worst main hand weapon in the game, that'd at least serve as literal proof of bias against Warrior.

On 7/23/2023 at 5:58 PM, NeverLoseGuy.3894 said:

Being arguably the worst weapon in the game

What is there to argue about this?

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 12:48 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

If they nerf the objectively worst main hand weapon in the game, that'd at least serve as literal proof of bias against Warrior.

What is there to argue about this?

Thought there already was enough proof that there is some sort of bias against warriors on a larger scale. 

If not bias at least indifference to their broken state of being.

2 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Thought there already was enough proof that there is some sort of bias against warriors on a larger scale. 

If not bias at least indifference to their broken state of being.

But if they were indifferent towards Warrior, would they have gone out of their way and neuter the enjoyment out of Arc Divider that many people had?

Edited by Fueki.4753

19 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

But if they were indifferent towards Warrior, would they have gone out of their way and neuter the enjoyment out of Arc Divider that many people had?

You are correct, what was the reason for the change?
Did we get a specific reason or did someone on the dev team facetank a double Arc divider combo in a competetive gamemode one too many times?

Edited by WingSwipe.3084

34 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

You are correct, what was the reason for the change?
Did we get a specific reason or did someone on the dev team facetank a double Arc divider combo in a competetive gamemode one too many times?

Them being owned by NCSoft, and the fact that NCSoft weighs the opinion of streamers over actual feedback I think what happened is that one streamer QQ'd about the cast time and then here we are.

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Them being owned by NCSoft, and the fact that NCSoft weighs the opinion of streamers over actual feedback I think what happened is that one streamer QQ'd about the cast time and then here we are.

Meanwhile, Rush still have a travel time of two seconds and Hundred Whiffs has a channel time of 3,5 seconds. Using the cast time as a reason an excuse literally makes no sense.

And that's ignoring all the other issues that make both of these abilities clunky, unreliable and unfun to use.

10 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

How many stearmers play warrior, most of the streaming content ive seen second hand has been of mesmers (gag reflex intensifies), rangers or eles?

They either need to bump up current Arc Dividers damage heavily again, 4,5 to 5.0 scaling in pve, 3.2 in PVP, to make it viable or add another effect on it such as decapitate reset (my favorite), unblockable or blind bypass (you are wildly spinnig a sword, should be standard).

Either that or just restore it to a previous itteration like @Fueki.4753 said. Doubt this as an option though.

Would like to see a curveball with rifle buffs in PVE to make it a viable option, god I love to gun.

11 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

unblockable or blind bypass

Given that Arc Divider was able to power through both Aegis and Blind (each eating one of the three hits) and still hit the target (with the third hit), Orange Whiff needs to have both of your suggestions to attain similar usability than Arc Divider had.

I doubt that's going to happen any time soon (if ever) though.

However, I think we should return to the actual topic of the thread: the single worst weapon combination in the entire game. If Mace got even as little as one percent of the amount of love Elementalist gets, it could turn into Warrior's best main hand.

Edited by Fueki.4753

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Meanwhile, Rush still have a travel time of two seconds and Hundred Whiffs has a channel time of 3,5 seconds. Using the cast time as a reason an excuse literally makes no sense.

And that's ignoring all the other issues that make both of these abilities clunky, unreliable and unfun to use.

I was going to send you a DM with context but it says you cannot receive messages. Let me know when that changes and I'll send that DM.

On 7/23/2023 at 5:58 PM, NeverLoseGuy.3894 said:

Being arguably the worst weapon in the game, Mace as a mainhand weapon...

I realise you are especially referring to Mace as a main hand but, FWIW, Mace as an off-hand (for Might + Vulnerability + Knockdown) with another arguably worst weapon - the infamous Sword (for Mobility + Immobilise + Remove Immobile) - is, so far, my core Warrior's favourite first-use set, followed by the more meta-standard Axe/Axe for Fury, Quickness, more Vulnerability and,  of course, Damage, 

So far, the Greatsword hasn't really seduced him, feeling a bit too slow for his restless character.

The above said, he may arguably be one of the worst Warriors in Tyria.

Still, very fun to play with.

p.s. At some point I also realised that Sword/Mace is the Lord of the Nazgûl, Witch-king of Angmar's weapon set of choice and, whatever the DPS test Totem may say, he is freaking bad***... And this said, it didn't take much for Lady Éowyn to shrivel him into nothing... with a single Sword blow and after crushing her shield into smithereens.

Edited by Sepher.1583
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I was going to send you a DM with context but it says you cannot receive messages. Let me know when that changes and I'll send that DM.

How do I do that? I can't find an option for that.

1 hour ago, Sepher Yetzirah.4615 said:

Still, very fun to play with.

You having fun is the most important aspect.

But I still want Arenanet to make Warrior's maces (and hammer) a bit stronger. Increasing base damage and scaling by 10% - 20% likely wouldn't make them overtuned.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

You having fun is the most important aspect.

Definitely.

But I still want Arenanet to make Warrior's maces (and hammer) a bit stronger. Increasing base damage and scaling by 10% - 20% likely wouldn't make them overtuned.

As you can imagine, my Warrior would be most happy with that as well. While the main reasons behind the choice are mostly utilitarian and down to "a brick in the (rotation) wall", it does feel somewhat weak for its weight and crashing sound, to Lady Éowyn's relief I guess.

9 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

And here I am cheering Baldur's Gate 3 shaking up this industry of quasi mmos, 'live services', low-effort cash-grabs and their gaggle of corporate sponsors...ehm...'content creators'...

Shaking it up with (drum roll)....a quality game that is worth the price and does not have micro-transactions in it...

10 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

And here I am cheering Baldur's Gate 3 shaking up this industry of quasi mmos, 'live services', low-effort cash-grabs and their gaggle of corporate sponsors...ehm...'content creators'...

Shaking it up with (drum roll)....a quality game that is worth the price and does not have micro-transactions in it...

That developer is getting hate from other companies as a result. I hope it breaks every record. I'm tired of the micro transaction system.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That developer is getting hate from other companies as a result. I hope it breaks every record. I'm tired of the micro transaction system.

You and me both. I'm BEYOND sick of this stuff being pushed as the norm. And, yes, gw2 does it, too. Micro-transactions are the biggest lie in gaming history.

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I'm tired of the micro transaction system.

I'm actually fine with micro transactions, as long they are not p2w. For example, I wouldn't mind to pay the 2€ for the bikini/jacket combo from last year's summer event in FF14.

(To me) the larger issue is that macro transactions are just increasing more and more in amounts and in price.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I'm actually fine with micro transactions, as long they are not p2w. For example, I wouldn't mind to pay the 2€ for the bikini/jacket combo from last year's summer event in FF14.

(To me) the larger issue is that macro transactions are just increasing more and more in amounts and in price.

*Cough, cough* Destiny *Cough, cough*