5 Player Marker/Ready Check

We need 5 player markers and a readycheck and maybe more symbols like numbers. Numbers would also be very cool.

Why, because it is super practical. Let me tell you why🥰. Not only because other mmos have it.

So, I was often in situations where I needed this function, because if you do things with randoms, it is easier to show this than to write, but also in Discord or with people you know it would be super useful..

1. for example I made a HP point run and could show the people conditionally where I open a portal or where they have to go/stand. Or other Openworld stuff.

2. or in PvP, especially in WvW when you are with 5 or less people. For example, you could have marked points where people line up or where to move next. Or mark areas on which you should keep an eye or Marking opponents or your own people or ororororo.

3. but my favorite are fractals and I like to guide new people or show in T4 how mechanics from T1 work 😞 sad quaggan noises. Especially with new people I would have liked this function, briefly put a marker on a position or number opponents as an attack sequence. The possibilities would be endless.

It's just the question how to implement this now whether the group founder is then the boss or otherwise. Also a radial menu for the markers on enemy object or ground would be great because if modder manage to build a radial menu then you in any case.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

So you want squad markers in parties? Anet probably could do that, I imagine the big question is who would be able to set, move and remove them since parties don't have leaders like squads.

not sure they can do that. They struggle with UI code already. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

not sure they can do that. They struggle with UI code already. 

I just mean this is something which already exists in GW2, it's not a new, never before seen function which they'd have to figure out how to adapt from other games.

20 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I just mean this is something which already exists in GW2, it's not a new, never before seen function which they'd have to figure out how to adapt from other games.

Yes exactly, this function already exists. The devs can take parts from the 10 player squad and put it into the 5 player party. Or build a 5 player version out of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Having that would be great. Idea of improving Mentor tag is great. I think that Mentor tag should be similar to commie tag with only few tweaks.

Mentor tag (maybe new name):

1. Mastery track unlock same as now
  2. 10 person limit – can be added as mastery unlock
  3. can do Ready check – can be added as mastery unlock
  4. Vote kick only

Funny is that I asked ppl in IBS3 if they would join group without tag and most say no. If you think about it, then commie tag in most strikes is to form 2 groups for boons/heals and ready check and that's it. Commander tag for 300 gold is also silly idea.

i'd rather them just drop the party system altogether and replace it with "dungeon squads" (squad with five player limit). there's no reason to have both systems anymore, and the featureset to restrict entering certain content to smaller groups already exists with raid squads.

the existing party features will still be available to the only subgroup which also functions as a party for  chat, etc.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134