Login server down?

I have two accounts on EU, non-Steam, and one account NA on Steam, all of which are unable to login. When this 'error' occurred, I was in the middle of buying Steam credit for gems, and was apparently billed twice before being entirely kicked out. Hopefully none of you have the same issue!

Maintenance always pops up as a message in-game, saying there's a new build available, and gives you a time frame to finish what you're doing and download the patch. This is definitely unscheduled.

• Sad 2

Also getting the error code: 42:1001:9001:4457.   Build: 149236.   

When following directions to try to change my password from a thread in here from 2 years ago on the same error code; I am met with another error code, not allowing me into the correct page in my account to change my password.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Irastira.8643 said:

Well, clearly something broke.

Haha, fair enough. No, I was thinking something huge breaking, like the time when we had a rollback many years ago.

The login server issues are not that catastrophic because logged people are still playing and have happened a few times in the past, often around big patches (like LW or expansions). The whole game servers haven't gone down into maintenance for this before, people that didn't log out could continue playing and in a few hours it would be back to normal, so most wouldn't have noticed.