/SipCoffe-Emote, US-Only [Merged]

Plok.5873

10 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Look, I don't get out much due to real life cirumstances. I don't generally take vacations. I don't eat out. I don't play golf, go to bars, smoke, drink.  I have a couple of hobbies and none of them cost me much. I do however, love coffee, and this seemed right up my alley. Every now and again I do something completely iresponsbile. It's good for the soul.

You should look into Joytoy collectables thats where my money goes.. So i can't really talk 😔 I am glad you found something you enjoy though.

That said i spoke to another Eb game staffer in a different store and she said the other guy was full of .... (her words 😂) about the Gem cards she said if they were discontinued it would say so on their systems they are just sold out at this time.. So some good news maybe.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

You should look into Joytoy collectables thats where my money goes.. So i can't really talk 😔 I am glad you found something you enjoy though.

That said i spoke to another Eb game staffer in a different store and she said the other guy was full of .... (her words 😂) about the Gem cards she said if they were discontinued it would say so on their systems they are just sold out at this time.. So some good news maybe.

Nice. Here's to hoping. 

• Like 1

So, the /sipcoffee emote! It was added to the Madrinas promo boxes, but we know that the emote was added to the game BEFORE the promotion launched, and only retroactively added to the promo boxes (potentially after complaints about the exclusive item only being a consumable). I have friends who bought the box and their code came in emails stating they were given early access to the emote, and I keep saying players claim the emote will be buyable for gems by itself later but with no official source.

Could we please get an official dev/marketing team response confirming whether or not the emote will be purchasable for gems by itself later on?

If not... PLEASE consider doing such! I can't drink the coffee the box comes with because I'm allergic to the ingredients, so I'd have to waste a lot of very expensive coffee if I bought it just for the emote (and no one I know is an instant mocha coffee drinker lol-- and no, I'm not shipping it off to random people on the forums either). I'd prefer to just buy the emote by itself if possible. I'll buy the promotion if it's the ONLY way to get the emote, but I'm very worried about either 1. wasting a lot of money and being able to get the emote much cheaper later or 2. waiting forever for an official response and missing out on the item. I already got similarly kitten'd over in a grubhub cross-promotion that a different MMO ran, because the communication between the devs, company, and players was unclear, and I don't want that to happen again here.

I already sent a support ticket and they directed me to the forums, so, please! Any official word would be great! Thank you!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Oneiroid.9245 said:

So, the /sipcoffee emote! It was added to the Madrinas promo boxes, but we know that the emote was added to the game BEFORE the promotion launched, and only retroactively added to the promo boxes (potentially after complaints about the exclusive item only being a consumable). I have friends who bought the box and their code came in emails stating they were given early access to the emote, and I keep saying players claim the emote will be buyable for gems by itself later but with no official source.

Could we please get an official dev/marketing team response confirming whether or not the emote will be purchasable for gems by itself later on?

If not... PLEASE consider doing such! I can't drink the coffee the box comes with because I'm allergic to the ingredients, so I'd have to waste a lot of very expensive coffee if I bought it just for the emote (and no one I know is an instant mocha coffee drinker lol-- and no, I'm not shipping it off to random people on the forums either). I'd prefer to just buy the emote by itself if possible. I'll buy the promotion if it's the ONLY way to get the emote, but I'm very worried about either 1. wasting a lot of money and being able to get the emote much cheaper later or 2. waiting forever for an official response and missing out on the item. I already got similarly kitten'd over in a grubhub cross-promotion that a different MMO ran, because the communication between the devs, company, and players was unclear, and I don't want that to happen again here.

I already sent a support ticket and they directed me to the forums, so, please! Any official word would be great! Thank you!!

You could gift the coffe only if you wanna keep the other stuff like the shaker emote and ingame item can you not?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You could gift the coffe only if you wanna keep the other stuff like the shaker emote and ingame item can you not?

Having been someone who bought the coffee for the promotion because I like coffee and the shaker looked nice, I don't recommend it. It's absolutely terrible. Maybe if you were gifting your worst enemy or something.

ETA: worth noting I bought the promotional set when all we knew was there was an "exclusive in-game item," which turned out to be a single use item that gave you five pitchers of desert-spiced coffee, which are single use feasts that don't even provide great benefits.

Edited by cinnabuntastic.3416
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cinnabuntastic.3416 said:

Having been someone who bought the coffee for the promotion because I like coffee and the shaker looked nice, I don't recommend it. It's absolutely terrible. Maybe if you were gifting your worst enemy or something.

ETA: worth noting I bought the promotional set when all we knew was there was an "exclusive in-game item," which turned out to be a single use item that gave you five pitchers of desert-spiced coffee, which are single use feasts that don't even provide great benefits.

apparently you can just send them an email to get the emote code bud you should try it since you already bought the thing.

• Confused 1

Hey,
my package from Madrinas Coffee arrived today. Since I'm I roleplayer and coffee lover, I decided to buy the coffee for the /sipcoffee emote and a nice batch for cold brew coffee to try.
You know what arrived?
https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fjmhh8cic8xgb1.png
A package without any game codes (not code for the consumable pack and no second code for the emote) and with a coffee tub that has already been opened.
What a kittening joke.

EDIT (2 hours after posting this): Support responded with two codes. The emote one worked, the other one had a weird "\" symbol in it which made the code unusable but I figured out by trial and error that it's supposed to be a "V".
Anyway, the support helped quickly and, after sending them a photo of the opened seal of freshness and the packaging slip as well as the barcode of the coffee, they sent me a new tub of coffee for free (not even shipping costs) which is nice.
Edited by Vetkin.6041
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Have you contacted Madrinas customer support? 

Yes, immediately after receiving the package today.

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

Might this have been your customs agents checking the package?

Highly doubt it because when they do, they leave a sticker on the package saying that they opened it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Like I said in the original post, no one I know would be really interested in the stuff. I'm also honestly not that interested in the shaker cup-- I don't have much use for one and I already have a ton of other water bottles and thermos. Would've totally gone for a nice mug though; if the promotion had been whole bean coffee plus a quality mug with that pop graphic Rytlock art on it like the box had then I would've bought the box 100% no hesitation.

But yeah, the emote is the ONLY thing I really want at all from that entire promotion, so it just feels silly and kind of wasteful if I bought it and ended up with a lot of expensive stuff I don't want when I could potentially buy the emote by itself later.

Also, topic merge-- I'm asking a different question than the original poster of the thread I got merged into was asking, as I'm in the US so that's not an issue, but oh well. Maybe it'll get more visibility if it's a larger thread.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Vetkin.6041 said:

Yes, immediately after receiving the package today.

Highly doubt it because when they do, they leave a sticker on the package saying that they opened it.

Yes same here in Australia, its a bright orange sticker saying Customs.

• Sad 1

Doubting we'll get any official word whatsoever about if the emote is exclusive to the Madrinas promotion or not... unfortunate.

I'd rather not hedge my bets after getting burnt on that eat pizza emote FFXIV had going which similarly had a lack of staff communication, so I guess I'll order the box despite everything. I have no idea what I'll do with the shaker cup especially since it's hand wash only (machine wash makes the logo flake off lol), and I'm NOT a 'gamer protein shake' sort of person, but I guess I can clean out the coffee tub and at least use the plastic container as a kind of janky storage box for keychains or something?

Again, my feedback for this is I would've bought 100% no hesitation if the promo was a little... nicer? Whole bean coffee is something that agrees with everyone and I would've gladly been able to drink (as even Madrinas's mocha hazelnut flavor whole bean coffee actually doesn't contain dairy- only their instant mixes do). And there's that gorgeous Rytlock and Elonian Coffee Pitcher art that was commissioned for the container wrap, which would've been FANTASTIC as a wrap-around print on a mug! It's a bit sad it's only on the plastic tub actually, since most people will throw out the tub once they're done, and I don't think GW2 has really had any mugs as merchandise since the quaggan ones that aren't available anymore. I'm a mug hoarder and it makes me a bit sad that I can't get my hands on a good GW2 mug since it's one of my favorite games.

But yeah, overall... sort of disappointed in the combo quality, thought, marketing, and communication on this promotion. I know the marketing department has been struggling since the layoffs and that's part of why I want to give feedback here, not to criticize the folks in marketing, but to show that the players have noticed the decline in quality and would like it if y'all got more funding and re-hired people to help out with this sort of thing. (We've missed getting SOTO trailers too! That's a different can of worms, but still related here...)

• Thanks 1

Nice to hear there is a new emote. Dunno if what I heard is true, but isn't this emote about to be acquireable in game after some time? For ppls that didn't take part in promotion I mean.

Wish they would add some of the emotes npc's are already using. Like ones the Olmakhan charr are showing. Levitating with crossed legs, prictising fight shaolin style. Wish my charr could do that. ^^

• 2 weeks later...