trying to figure out how 12 seconds of CC every 20 seconds on hammer spb is balanced

Eddie.9143

1 hour ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Any spec with zerker that's traited for damage should be able to win a 1v1. 

Should they? I think a lot of players would disagree with that statement. Especially after experiencing the Cata meta for like, 4 seasons in a row... if what you said was true then this game's rock-paper-scissors balance would be offset. A WB that does insane AoE shouldn't win every 1v1 engagement and that's half the reason why (for a brief time) it was OP. Same applies to your Druid, same applies to Cata.

If you want buffs in a specific area for a spec like condi ranger, asking for nerfs towards a class you lost to isn't the way to go about it. Condi ranger is a trash spec in PvP the further up you climb the ratings. I agree with you to an extent that SOME condi specs needs to get buffed *cough guard cough*.... but condi shouldn't be anything more than a side-node duelist. Condi meta has always been ill-received in PvP. 

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Like 3

On 8/7/2023 at 12:21 PM, Jedrik.3109 said:

I always find it interesting that people who post this kind of trite drivel are the same ones that desperately need to take thier own post, take a few deep breaths and read it while looking in a mirror till it sinks in.

Everything I said is 100% factually correct. You don't even have an argument, just insults. Thanks for another EZ win. 😂🤣

Oh, and I would suggest you read your posts in a mirror but I'm pretty sure they don't make mirrors that wide.

• Confused 5

11 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Should they? I think a lot of players would disagree with that statement. Especially after experiencing the Cata meta for like, 4 seasons in a row... if what you said was true then this game's rock-paper-scissors balance would be offset. A WB that does insane AoE shouldn't win every 1v1 engagement and that's half the reason why (for a brief time) it was OP. Same applies to your Druid, same applies to Cata.

If you want buffs in a specific area for a spec like condi ranger, asking for nerfs towards a class you lost to isn't the way to go about it. Condi ranger is a trash spec in PvP the further up you climb the ratings. I agree with you to an extent that SOME condi specs needs to get buffed *cough guard cough*.... but condi shouldn't be anything more than a side-node duelist. Condi meta has always been ill-received in PvP. 

Willbender is perfectly capable of winning 1v1s using terrain and ports from behind walls. The bad willbenders don't kite during their down time. It's more than capable of pumping a shtload of single target dmg 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Willbender is perfectly capable of winning 1v1s using terrain and ports from behind walls. The bad willbenders don't kite during their down time. It's more than capable of pumping a shtload of single target dmg 

I never said it can't win 1v1's, it is just not the best 1v1 spec and it never should be (as much as I want wb to be).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Barabbas.8715 said:

Oh, and I would suggest you read your posts in a mirror but I'm pretty sure they don't make mirrors that wide.

Nah man. You're just not looking in the right places. You gotta head down to one of them Norn Furnature shops. They'll hook you up. 

You want to know the REAL problem we should be talking about? Door frames. I'm sick and tired of my horns getting caught on human sized door frames. 

You ever experience the pain of having your neck violently snapped back? 

...Hurts a lot less than having your back broken by blunt force trauma. Your legs shouldn't work anymore. These people get up and walk away like nothing happened. 

Everyone wants to talk about Wariors so OP. No one wants to talk about why a thief poking you with a butter knife crits harder than Warrior snapping your back in half. Smdh. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
Is just game. Why u hav to be mad?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

55 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Everyone wants to talk about Wariors so OP. No one wants to talk about why a thief poking you with a butter knife crits harder than Warrior snapping your back in half. Smdh. 

I will forever maintain that the blanket CC damage nerf was asinine and wrong. You could make the same argument that they used, that the CC is it's own reward, to justify removing damage from skills that evade, from skills that blind, from skills that grant boons... Just such a nakedly bad decision.

TBH I'd return the pre Feb2020 damage to hard CCs across the board but reduced by 33%.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 8/10/2023 at 1:05 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I will forever maintain that the blanket CC damage nerf was asinine and wrong. You could make the same argument that they used, that the CC is it's own reward, to justify removing damage from skills that evade, from skills that blind, from skills that grant boons... Just such a nakedly bad decision.

TBH I'd return the pre Feb2020 damage to hard CCs across the board but reduced by 33%.

I personally agree with removing damage from any form of utility, sustain or w/e else, becuase it increased complexity, and concious use of the correct abilitys at the cost of something else. The reason to blind somebody is to blind somebody.. not to blind them +2k dmg. Half the problem in this game as far as low skill floors go is abilitys and mechanics that proc multiple effects for 1 single button, along with just about every support/dmg ability being AOE.

I'd also go a step further and add a global cooldown on abilitys, to stop the sheer dps and spam support. This isn't world of warcraft, but there are many things it simply got right, hands down.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I personally agree with removing damage from any form of utility, sustain or w/e else, becuase it increased complexity, and concious use of the correct abilitys at the cost of something else. The reason to blind somebody is to blind somebody.. not to blind them +2k dmg. Half the problem in this game as far as low skill floors go is abilitys and mechanics that proc multiple effects for 1 single button, along with just about every support/dmg ability being AOE.

This is what I mean. Do it for all of such skills, or none of them.

36 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I'd also go a step further and add a global cooldown on abilitys, to stop the sheer dps and spam support. This isn't world of warcraft, but there are many things it simply got right, hands down.

I've played games with global cooldowns, it wouldn't work here. GW2 does not have enough skills to make it good enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

This is what I mean. Do it for all of such skills, or none of them.

I've played games with global cooldowns, it wouldn't work here. GW2 does not have enough skills to make it good enough.

Yeah possibly not, I have played 2d games in the 90s that had more abilitys than bladesworn ;p