Guild Wars 2 purchasing or payment method issue

You must have purchased at some time, or you would not be able to post on the forums.  If your country is preventing you from purchasing, you should take the issue up with them.  If you can't access the guildwars2.com website or your payment vehicle is refused, try one of the Authorized Retailers in/near your area.

Good luck. 

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/#UnitedStates-physical

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Are you in one of these countries?

https://help.guildwars.com/hc/en-us/articles/7528447992083-Blocked-Countries

If so, then ArenaNet cannot sell to you, at least, not directly. Reasons are political. ArenaNet is a USA based company and they have to follow USA government rules and regulations. These prohibit them to sell to countries that are on the USA sanctions list.

You may or may not be able to buy game or gem keys from third party retailers. But you will do at your own risk.

If you are NOT in one of the mentioned blocked countries, contact support for more information.

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Are you in one of these countries?

https://help.guildwars.com/hc/en-us/articles/7528447992083-Blocked-Countries

If so, then ArenaNet cannot sell to you, at least, not directly. Reasons are political. ArenaNet is a USA based company and they have to follow USA government rules and regulations. These prohibit them to sell to countries that are on the USA sanctions list.

You may or may not be able to buy game or gem keys from third party retailers. But you will do at your own risk.

If you are NOT in one of the mentioned blocked countries, contact support for more information.

I am from Azerbaijan, my country not in the list, but I get error mentioned above. I get error with retailers too. ( Something went wrong, please try again later! 000 )

• frqnbbsov.9806 changed the title to Guild Wars 2 lose money by blocking countries
1 hour ago, frqnbbsov.9806 said:

I am from Azerbaijan, my country not in the list, but I get error mentioned above. I get error with retailers too. ( Something went wrong, please try again later! 000 )

Is it possible that your ISP is routing through Russia?  You may need to try to find an ISP that uses routes through Turkey.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, frqnbbsov.9806 said:

Hello, same with retailers too. 

I got this at website:

Something went wrong, please try again later!
https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/articles/4409418445843

So, which error code is displaying when you try to purchase? 

And/or did you try the suggested 'fix'?

This error is likely due to a web browser issue. Please try a different browser or enabling JavaScript on your current browser before attempting your purchase again.

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2023 at 2:18 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

So, which error code is displaying when you try to purchase? 

And/or did you try the suggested 'fix'?

This error is likely due to a web browser issue. Please try a different browser or enabling JavaScript on your current browser before attempting your purchase again.

Tried with firefox, edge, chrome same. Javascript enabled.

27 minutes ago, frqnbbsov.9806 said:

Hi, yes I did, but not helped.

That's unusual.  Not a routing issue then.

Since the error message suggests using a different browser, I have to ask, what language do you have it set to?  There could be some localization bug preventing the javascript from running correctly.  Try on a different computer?

• Thanks 1

I don't know if my experience is the same as your case but I once had trouble purchasing an expansion using my virtual card (visa). It didn't allow me to purchase using direct method (which is using my virtual card directly) and got errors every time. I managed to solve it by linking my virtual card to my Paypal account. Then I used Paypal as a payment method to purchase and the process went through. Be sure to put your card as preferred card for Paypal to use and obviously has enough funds in it.

Edited by kurogane.9681
  • Thanks 1

You may want to check if it is your card account that is blocking the purchase. Some banks/cards can automatically block online purchases with new retailers, as fraud prevention.

I had this issue myself (exact same error message) and only realised what the problem was after checking my card app. The purchase appeared as blocked and I had to manually approve it.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Sepher.1583 said:

You may want to check if it is your card account that is blocking the purchase. Some banks/cards can automatically block online purchases with new retailers, as fraud prevention.

I had this issue myself (exact same error message) and only realised what the problem was after checking my card app. The purchase appeared as blocked and I had to manually approve it.

I forgot about old card so maybe this can be issue, but past more years idk about it, I can create ticket again about it to remove if old card exists, thank you for information.

• Haha 1

• frqnbbsov.9806 changed the title to Guild Wars 2 purchasing or payment method issue