Resources management mechanics have not kept up with power creep

Mell.4873

Classes like Revenant and Thief have become increasingly reliant on spamming certain skills and also getting energy/initiative back rather than having some flexibility it the rotation to provide more on demand CC, Stun breaks, healing. 

You end up in a situation where you can't even use a certain skill since it will severely lower your DPS. Look at Specter for example with its impressive benchmarks, this is almost entirely due to spamming Scepter + Dagger 3.

I propose we lower the energy cost of almost all non-Dps skills and maybe keep the CC skills cost reduction out of PvP. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

On 8/5/2023 at 5:23 PM, Mell.4873 said:

You end up in a situation where you can't even use a certain skill since it will severely lower your DPS.

I wonder what would be easier between cutting those costs outside of PvP or simply increasing the damage of those skills outside of PvP.

Revenant isn't exactly built with the intent of getting energy back though, but instead dumping it ASAP as your constantly swapping between legends on cooldown, meaning that using CC skills as a revenant can sometimes prove useful outside of situations where CC is needed since you're trying not to have any energy before switching anyway.

Thief, on the other hand, does suffer from a case of "do damage or do CC, but not both" because of how initiative functions, so it would definitely help for its CC skills to get some sort of adjustment in the form of either a damage buff or a cost decrease.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Raarsi.6798 said:

I wonder what would be easier between cutting those costs outside of PvP or simply increasing the damage of those skills outside of PvP.

Revenant isn't exactly built with the intent of getting energy back though, but instead dumping it ASAP as your constantly swapping between legends on cooldown, meaning that using CC skills as a revenant can sometimes prove useful outside of situations where CC is needed since you're trying not to have any energy before switching anyway.

Thief, on the other hand, does suffer from a case of "do damage or do CC, but not both" because of how initiative functions, so it would definitely help for its CC skills to get some sort of adjustment in the form of either a damage buff or a cost decrease.

For Revenant I feel like it's the Utilities that let it down so essentially whether you can even use your Heal since it will result in less damage. Most of the Weapon skills have baked in CC and they are a net positive in terms of DPS.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

For Revenant I feel like it's the Utilities that let it down so essentially whether you can even use your Heal since it will result in less damage. Most of the Weapon skills have baked in CC and they are a net positive in terms of DPS.

Well you do have particular ones like Shiro's that help alleviate that.

Also, last time I checked, healing skills are only like 5% energy cost, which not only isn't too bad, but they can sometimes help burn energy if you still have some to spare when your other legend comes off cooldown.

Edited by Raarsi.6798