Poll: SOTO without relics or with legendary relics on launch.

SOTO without relics or with legendary relics on launch.  

21 members have voted

1. 1. (for those who are still undecided) Would you buy SOTO if Relic system was postponed till legendary Relic was available?

• I would buy/ pre-order SOTO or seriously consider it!
    • I would still not buy / pre-order SOTO.

I have been part of quite many discussions having issues with SOTO,  mostly about the relic system, and it got me curious about how many of us would buy SOTO (for those who have yet to get it) if a legendary relic was present on launch or if the relic system was postponed until one was ready and how many are having issues with other parts of the Xpac that are stopping them for buying.

Edited by Wolfyno.2704
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

die hard hardcores are vocal minority. 

relics probably will be absurdly cheap, since many of them will be low demanding anyway.. probably the most demanding will be these +5% damage effects triggered by something.

remember that doesn't exists "legendary infusions", and legendary gear support multiple sets with the use of equipment tab.

in really they could safely completely ignore the matter.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

relics probably will be absurdly cheap

If Relics were to be cheap and easy to get, Anet would not keep insisting on only partial progression towards Legendary Relic for legendary rune owners, and the delay till legendary relic release would not be half a year long or more. If they are threatening the Legendary status that held for 10 years, and are willing to make legendary holders (players that are among the most active part of the game community) angry, they are unlikely to be doing it for peanuts, that would make no sense.

3 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

in really they could safely completely ignore the matter.

It's the opposite - if relics were to be so absurdly cheap, they could have safely promised full compensation, because it would not matter at all.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

16 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If Relics were to be cheap and easy to get, Anet would not keep insisting on only partial progression towards Legendary Relic for legendary rune owners, and the delay till legendary relic release would not be half a year long or more. If they are threatening the Legendary status that held for 10 years, and are willing to make legendary holders (players that are among the most active part of the game community) angry, they are unlikely to be doing it for peanuts, that would make no sense.

It's the opposite - if relics were to be so absurdly cheap, they could have safely promised full compensation, because it would not matter at all.

I get what you are saying and I agree but unfortunately the cost of relics will be determined by the material costs, the difficulty in getting the patterns, and overall the general cost of the market which will more or less be controlled by the players, and the cost for the legendary will probably be on par with other legendary patterns that use just a boatload of crafting mats, even if the individual costs of the relics themselves on the TP end up being peanuts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1