Help required: Mesmer revival

Maria Murtor.7253

I'm currently upgrading all my classes with modern (and after the slaughter which is the two recent balance patches) working builds. For the most part I'm playing pug friendly T4 Fractals and Strikes and open world stuff, and with the next expansion world completion, of course. Unfortunately, Mesmer is something like a stepmother for me. Back in the days, I created a oldschool Chronomancer (Quick + Alac) for raids. But then the Chronomancer lost its flavor and is barely seen outside of DPS builds. Chronomancer and its Continuum Shift and also the Mimic skills are not my cup of tea, because I easily missclick and screw up rotations.

Right now I'm looking for easy to play builds for my needs (pug friendly fractals and Strikes, open World, exploration). I still have the Mirage Condi Alac build saved, which (I think) is still decent enough to bring along, in case the group needs some alac. Then, there's this tanky double staff Mirage for open world, which could come in handy. But I'm still looking for easy to play damage builds (power and condi damage) or maybe even a nice quickness build. I already checked snowcrows. But I'm not really sure about the two damage Virtuoso builds. Like I said: I easily mess up rotations. This is why I'm looking for forgiving and still decent builds. Any advice? 

I mean right now Chronomancer is Mesmers best support and it does require a pretty strict rotation but it is flexible in the set up. Continuum Split can be used in many way to spam out Phantasms or Shatters for increase boon applications or Damage.

Edited by Mell.4873

5 hours ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

With "missclick" I meant, that I use wrong skills from time to time, not strictly limited to the mouse.

Its just practice, Chronomancer is one of the hardest Elites to play in the game since you can't make mistakes. 

after the upcoming expansion play virtuoso with a full condition build and the axe equipped. the build has no effective rotation except what makes you comfortable, and you can 70-80% the benchmark by pressing everything off cooldown.

you just need to be careful of timing a few things that make it a bit more optimal, these are made obvious by tooltips.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

2 hours ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

Virtuoso with axe and spamming skills on cooldown sounds really nice. I kinda did the same with Mirage, which worked surprisingly well, even in raids I'll probably give it a try. But what makes Virtuoso superior in terms of  condition damage compared to Mirage?

Its the hybrid traits like Phantasmal Blades that make Virtuoso strong so the same logic applies if Axe was used. 

• Confused 1