Revert the cooldown increase on phase traversal in pvp that change was kitten.

ArthurDent.9538

Change litterally did nothing except screw you over when the skill bugs and fails for no reason going on full cooldown consuming energy and doing nothing which was allegedly fixed but it is not at all, it is still by far the most unreliable to target port in the game and when it only had 5 sec cd at least you weren't completely screwed when it bugged now you gotta just go do something else because waiting around 14 secs to get your main gap closer to actually work isn't viable. Otherwise, you are pretty much never using it twice in quick succession because it is super expensive and you kinda need energy for whatever you are trying to do upon finishing the port so litterally the only difference this change made was double punishing people for getting hit by bugs. kitten change by kitten balance dev who doesn't play revenant because he only plays ele.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, that was pretty much the change that made me give up sPvP forever and just stick to WvW.

Hated the PT nerf even more than the Infuse Light nerf, however, nerfing Infuse Light that hard still made me sick, 2 seconds every 30 seconds is nothing when Herald already had trash re-sustain outside of sometimes being rewarded for baiting enemies into hitting you with Infuse Light up, 100% aggressive spec with zero room to breathe just became very infuriating to play, high risk / mediocre reward.
So yeah, after squashing down Herald's skill ceiling by, among other things, massively increasing the CD of Phase Traversal, I was done with that game mode.

Edit:

Bruh
Now I remember, that patch was so poorly thought out. Typical.
Nerfed all these skills when Renegade was very strong because of their ease of use and high effectiveness.

Phase Traversal, Staff 5, Charged Mists.
Core skills nerfed thanks to one elite spec. They also nerfed Speed Runes because of Renegade.
Eventually Jalis skills also got nerfed.

And I believe that the only viable Herald build at the time was Condi.
Years later, the only builds getting positive changes are condi and Renegade. 💀
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2021-03-23#Revenant

Edited by Sereath.1428
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sereath.1428 said:

Yeah, that was pretty much the change that made me give up sPvP forever and just stick to WvW.

I haven't PvP'd since S1 of PoF (kitten that meta), but yeah same, that patch was the one that made me never consider trying to get back into PvP again. Arguments of balance aside, it really killed the fun and flow of Shiro for me whenever I'd mess around with it in HotM. Just grateful that I can still enjoy the legend in WvW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So how do you deal with duo Shiro's farming the map then?

@Sereath.1428 Infuse Light nerf is deserved, 3 seconds is mega braindead, esp against conditions.

Charged Mists is an unecessary nerf, speed runes were the issue.

Surge of the Mist was deserved, rotation was too forgiving and people didn't know the meaning of having to use a defensive skill defensively, it was used both ways without repercussions.

Inspiring Reinforcement pulse stability was deserved, intial stability was not.

Energy Expulsion knock back was kitten, knock down is better for the game.

Blinding Truths deserved a nerf but not an overnerf. 3-5 seconds was more called for. At 0 ICD you could blind any big hits on demand.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Confused 2

Im curious if you really like Revenant as you always seem to kitten on Herald or Vindicator whenever you can.

Power Herald has been subpar for years at this point, and Vindicator is barely competitive at the moment (it really isn't competitive when other classes/specs require half the effort).
This is for both sPvP and WvW small scale/roaming,
Power Herald is just unplayable (and why ever bother when Willbender exists) and Power Vindicator is somewhat still decent at roaming, as it has not received many of the massive nerfs from sPvP, i.e., 30 seconds for a 3k heal meaning that you have to fully commit on swapping alliance stances for skills you might not need and get locked out for 9s, just to get the same value as a normal heal.

Every Revenant build always folds when not taking staff. 25 seconds for a weapon skill with an omega telegraphed CC that roots you in place on the initial cast, sure is something.
And people are going to keep using it even after getting access to both Greatsword and Shortbow on every spec.

How do you expect Revenants to get into battle without their usual hit and run tactics, they just don't have the sustain and tools to play like warriors or even rangers. Sure Jalis is there but it only works for ranged builds, melee builds are unplayable without Shiro since Revenant has no access to reliable CC or even soft CC, ha, they even removed the chill from Imperial Impact on Vindicator for some reason, so now the only viable jump is the damage one that hits for 4k and that comes with a +15% damage buff, bruh. They are so clueless, but not as bad the players tbf.

The only playable and competitive Revenant builds nowadays are the most effortless, riskless builds Revenant has ever had.
Condition Herald for sPvP = constant barrage of condition vomit around.
And Celestial Renegade (which also used to be king in sPvP) = CC from range (sb and Jalis), sevenshot (which hits harder than Deathstrike but from range and also inflicts 7 stacks of torment), pulsating stability, antiprojectile dome with retribution or barrier with salvation and cheap + reliable damage reduction from Jalis hammers. Pretty much gets around many of the weaknesses that most Revenant builds have always had.
The fact that Renegade is popular across all skill levels, unlike Power Herald, should tell you something.

Core Revenant has never been a thing, not even once. Everything about it has always been weak as kitten in contrast to every other class and not just Herald or Vindicator.
So I just don't understand why you've always been so supportive of certain nerfs (everything about Herald and Vindicator) and even core (you just dont like Shiro, it was clear to me at after reading your other posts).

What do you want Revenant to be good at? And how, without overlapping with other classes.

Funny Infuse Light clip, Feb 25 2023:
https://clips.twitch.tv/EnergeticSarcasticOtterRitzMitz-nicUybfak_JJrYoC

Edited by Sereath.1428
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sereath.1428 said:

Im curious if you really like Revenant as you always seem to kitten on Herald or Vindicator whenever you can.

Power Herald has been subpar for years at this point, and Vindicator is barely competitive at the moment (it really isn't competitive when other classes/specs require half the effort).
This is for for both sPvP and WvW small scale/roaming,
Power Herald is just unplayable (and why ever bother when Willbender exists) and Power Vindicator is somewhat still decent at roaming, as it has not received many of the massive nerfs from sPvP, i.e., 30 seconds for a 3k heal meaning that you have to fully commit on swapping alliance stances for skills you might not need and get locked out for 9s.

Every Revenant build always folds when not taking staff. 25 seconds for a weapon skill with an omega telegraphed CC that roots you in place on the initial cast, sure is something.
And people are going to keep using it even after getting access to both Greatsword and Shortbow on every spec.

How do you expect Revenants to get into battle without their usual hit and run tactics, they just don't have the sustain and tools to play like warriors or even rangers. Sure Jalis is there but it only works for ranged builds, melee builds are unplayable without Shiro since Revenant has no access to reliable CC.

The only playable and competitive Revenant builds nowadays are the most effortless, riskless builds Revenant has ever had.
And Celestial Renegade (which also used to be king in sPvP) = CC from range (sb and Jalis), sevenshot (which hits harder than Deathstrike but from range and also inflicts 7 stacks of torment), pulsating stability, antiprojectile dome with retribution or barrier with salvation and cheap + reliable damage reduction from Jalis hammers. Pretty much gets around many of the weaknesses that most Revenant builds have always had.

Core Revenant has never been a thing, not even once. Everything about it has always been weak as kitten in contrast to every other class.

So I just don't understand why you've always been so supportive of certain nerfs (everything about Herald and Vindicator) and even core (you just dont like Shiro, it was clear to me at after reading your other posts).

What do you want Revenant to be good at? And how, without overlapping with other classes.

Idk how you play Revenant but I surely didn't ever experience any of the issues you're sharing. Is everyone I play against just that bad even though that's like EVERYONE? I don't believe it and I definitely do not hate any legends, I hate having overpowered skills because everyone is quick to jump on them and get them nerfed.

I'm min-maxing the hell out of core and I'm able to do things no one ever thinks possible, I'd take pleasure in doing so against you if you need proof of that. You could say it's Jalis but Jalis is what you need to be a duelist, no Jalis no sustain, weakness is key and so is the modifiers including RotGD which is religiously often casted with Quickness in and out of legend swaps. I'd play Shiro/Mallyx but that's unfortunately impossible do efficiently since the Resistance changes have never been compensated for Mallyx. (And used to REALLY love Jalis/Mallyx until that was gutted too.)

Afaik I never agree'd with many of the Vindicator nerfs, only the Barrier/Heal which I thought was ridiculously strong or GS5 co-efficient, anything was quite fine at release, I really enjoyed hitting light armored enemies for 13k per evade but that was ruined by the idea of 2 evades, not to forget I don't agree with the long cooldowns that were added to Saint Viktor for PvP, it was due for some but not that harsh, same goes for the healing skill being raised at 30 each while 20-25 was more in the ballpark considering those are CHANNELING skills.

As for Herald the only thing I ever agree'd with for nerf is Infuse Light because you were literally immortal to condition pressure as condition herald (Even now I am extremely difficult to kill when I play it), EVERYTHING else is mostly nono, especially with Facet of Chaos Protection nerf which was something most people never used for whatever reason, apparently instant perma protection never could be justified while it was in part what could allow Herald to be a duelist on zerk against Power yet it was still nerfed anyway. (Let's not forget about Weakness which was one of the main reasons that Herald could be as good but again nerfed too, 2 seconds is not enough.)

I don't need to talk about Renegade, the heal is abysmal in PvP and the change from additive to multiplicative is also terrible. (Same for RotGD)

Anyways, I'll duel you in PvP or Stream for you to see, which ever. I don't care. Just so we know we are on the same page since you seem to think of me like I don't enjoy my class.

2 hours ago, Sereath.1428 said:

This is for both sPvP and WvW small scale/roaming,
Power Herald is just unplayable (and why ever bother when Willbender exists) and Power Vindicator is somewhat still decent at roaming, as it has not received many of the massive nerfs from sPvP, i.e., 30 seconds for a 3k heal meaning that you have to fully commit on swapping alliance stances for skills you might not need and get locked out for 9s, just to get the same value as a normal heal.

How do you expect Revenants to get into battle without their usual hit and run tactics, they just don't have the sustain and tools to play like warriors or even rangers. Sure Jalis is there but it only works for ranged builds, melee builds are unplayable without Shiro since Revenant has no access to reliable CC or even soft CC, ha, they even removed the chill from Imperial Impact on Vindicator for some reason, so now the only viable jump is the damage one that hits for 4k and that comes with a +15% damage buff, bruh. They are so clueless, but not as bad the players tbf.

The fact that Renegade is popular across all skill levels, unlike Power Herald, should tell you something.

Core Revenant has never been a thing, not even once. Everything about it has always been weak as kitten in contrast to every other class and not just Herald or Vindicator.

Funny Infuse Light clip, Feb 25 2023:
https://clips.twitch.tv/EnergeticSarcasticOtterRitzMitz-nicUybfak_JJrYoC

core revenant is a thing 😂, check my core offensive support build and pure core support build. 2 of the many you can make, but I know these work so check them out in forum thread I made some time ago where I linked the build.

revenant has pretty reliable cc: 

mallyx: leap pull

centaur: tablet cc

shiro: jade winds 600 aoe cc with pre quickness boon setup to get it off.  Could use some energy reduction though, 35 not too high not too low same for jalis and 0,75 sec base cast time both. But I am pointing out reliable cc.

jalis: chain pull, this is the

Glint: elite skill knockback

renegade kalla: this can be good, if they fixed kalla minions with more HP and breakbar to get stuff off. The heal needs reliant increased self instant heal and the pulsing heal should be only outgoing to balance this out.

Alliance stance: Should be 20 second cd. And 20% increased healing healing in archemorus and saint viktor, because it can feel sometimes underwhelming long cast time without quickness.

• Confused 1