Soulbeast Learn to Play issue plus Balance

Mell.4873

Okay I will re-word this, so it is clearer since the Thread has somewhat returned to normal.
This is a new build which has only been around for 2-3 weeks. Once people can formulate a counter Meta for the abusive build it will definitely not be as strong.

Some Balance is warranted like the Boar Maul Coefficient when merged, the Sword Might stacks combined with traits like Strider's Strength. Prelude Lash probably needs a longer cast time so it can be interrupted. Outside this Core and Soulbeast should not be touched, especially stuff like One Wolf Pack and "Sic em"

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

"One shot soulbeast is good due to lack of knowledge"

First sentence: "First it's strong and something needs to be toned down."

Do you even think before you write?

Well rather that than people people say it is op as a rebuttal. Normally with these threads if I don't state I agree with some nerf first the whole thing devolves into an argument. 

Never had anyone tell me I should pick a side lol. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Barabbas.8715 said:

I don't care about how OP Soulbeast is, I just wish Anet would revert Ranger sword to the version that's actually fun and not boring leap spam suck that takes one brain cell to use.

I mean we have been back and forwards with this on other threads. The reality is no one even touched the old Sword in any game mode. 

Sorry you were one of the few who used it but I believe Arena Net would suffer even more backlash if the reversed the change. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Well rather that than people people say it is op as a rebuttal. Normally with these threads if I don't state I agree with some nerf first the whole thing devolves into an argument. 

Never had anyone tell me I should pick a side lol. 

It's better to not say anything at all if you have nothing to add lol.

Any spec performs better if people don't know how it works. But you're not claiming it's just that. That would be something (wrong, but something). You're also saying it's good for other reasons in your first sentence.

So your thread is essentially "Soulbeast is good for multiple reasons and should be nerfed". Sure?

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

First is it strong and something needs to be toned down. Maybe put a longer channel on Prelude Lash or tone down the might from Sword. 

But once you focus the Soulbeast they go down easy. It really no different to Thief or Chronomancer in terms of one shotting potential. Atleast Soulbeast has less stealth option than those other two. 

Maybe sword #2 and #3 dmg numbers could be nerfed. Also OWP is strongly overperforming now. Pig maul is doing way too much dmg (10-12k).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

It's better to not say anything at all if you have nothing to add lol.

Any spec performs better if people don't know how it works. But you're not claiming it's just that. That would be something (wrong, but something). You're also saying it's good for other reasons in your first sentence.

So your thread is essentially "Soulbeast is good for multiple reasons and should be nerfed". Sure?

Okay but that logic applies to you. Why are even comment here, you are adding nothing and just derailing the topic.

Im really asking for concise way to balance this class since it currently is a learn to play issue plus it having to many synergies with stuff like Might and the multiple Mauls. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

bruh....

The Boar is using PvE Damagecoeffs....    that is not a "knowledge problem"....   😂

Spotted the rangermain.

Fair, it should just copy the pet Maul itself which is 1,114 (0.66).

I don't use Soulbeast, I'm a Untamed main and only play Condi. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I mean we have been back and forwards with this on other threads. The reality is no one even touched the old Sword in any game mode. 

Sorry you were one of the few who used it but I believe Arena Net would suffer even more backlash if the reversed the change. 

Wrong. Not my fault you don't know how to play Ranger. Having all those iframes and a disengage was useful in PVE and PVP. Anet sucks and yer just going full fanboy mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

Boar having huge damage numbers = l2p issue.

Some people shouldn't have the right to write on the forums. I swear.

Hey nerf the Boar but it isn't a Drake tail swipe that is for sure. Atleast this time around it's the players who are using the attack and not the pet.

1 hour ago, Barabbas.8715 said:

Wrong. Not my fault you don't know how to play Ranger. Having all those iframes and a disengage was useful in PVE and PVP. Anet sucks and yer just going full fanboy mode.

Again sorry you found a use for Sword before the change. I mean I dont even use it now so I couldn't care less what happens to it. 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Hey nerf the Boar but it isn't a Drake tail swipe that is for sure. Atleast this time around it's the players who are using the attack and not the pet.

"atleast its the player, pressing the obviously overtuned button that uses PVE values"

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

And I already said they should nerf it.... We are going around in circles. 

You are going in circles 😄

That whole thing is a big pile of poop and your spraying glitter on it in every thread....   

"Hey.... atleast this time the Player has to manually poop and its not the pet pooping automatically"

"You can easily counter the poop!"

bruh... i do not want POOP in any of my pvp matches....

it just looks like you are trying to defend it, but you are well aware that you are defending it, so you write  "it needs a nerf, BUUUT....."  And then you proceed to label it as a skillissue....

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

it currently is a learn to play issue

And then you pretend it is worse than thief and mesmer, becuase hurrdurrr.... the damage is the same *giggle* but soulbeast has less stealth * giggling intensifiys*

9 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

But once you focus the Soulbeast they go down easy. It really no different to Thief or Chronomancer in terms of one shotting potential. Atleast Soulbeast has less stealth option than those other two. 

stop it... its poop....  You are defending poop.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, doozer.7063 said:

Eksdeee 👍

Anet doesn't reqire players to use brain when playing the game, why you think they remember having one when joining the forum?

23 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

That whole thing is a big pile of poop and your spraying glitter on it in every thread....   

"Hey.... atleast this time the Player has to manually press the poop out of his poopyhole and its not the pet pooping automatically"

it just looks like you are trying to defend it, but you are well aware that you are defending it, so you write  "it needs a nerf, BUUUT....."  And then you proceed to label it as a skillissue....

Arg why do I even bother when people resort to this. I'll remove my post since there is not really much point in this.

I wanted to not have a bickering thread but meh. 

Edited by Mell.4873

4 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Arg why do I even bother when people resort to this. I'll remove my post since there is not really much point in this.

I wanted to not a bickering thread but meh. 

Do not feel personally offended by me pls, it was more a general rant about anet balance than directed to the topic 😁

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

"Hey.... atleast this time the Player has to manually press the poop out of his poopyhole and its not the pet pooping automatically"

And then you pretend it is worse than thief and mesmer, becuase hurrdurrr.... the damage is the same *giggle* but soulbeast has less stealth * giggling intensifiys*

This is borderline offesive why is Soulbeast poop. Weird scat fetish aside you didn't really counter anything I said. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

This is borderline offesive why is Soulbeast poop. Weird scat fetish aside you didn't really counter anything I said. 

This isnt offensive.

A skill, that has 0.5 sec casttime and 12 seconds CD having double the tooltip as  Dragonstooth or Arcing slice......  is 💩

I could also go on and tell you how no thief on this planet will be able to deliver damage similar to that a soulbeast can dish out currently...

And i could also go on and explain to you how little stealth chrono has in comparison to this Soubleast build...

But that is not worth my time and effort.   You can figure that out for yourself.

You literally called it a skillissue.... because YOU can beat it.

good for you...   but the spvp balancing doesnt evolve around  "can i kill it?"   

Every build fills a role in the meta of spvp. This specific build is not meant for winning 1v1s or little skirmishes.  

Its made to gank already ongoing fights.  And you can deal 12k+ damage out of stealth just by pressing f1..... Then you follow up with literally anything else and secure the kill ezpz.....   

that is beyond everything that thief can do... that is beyond everything that Herald could ever do... and that is way more than chrono can do....

This whole balance thingy doesnt evolve around "can i kill it"....  you need to look at the builds performance INSIDE OF ITS ROLE.   And currently This new Soulbeast build is just wayyy to good for what its designed. And all of it is carried by overtuned coeffs and according to Trevor also might.

End of the story.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

This isnt offensive.

A skill, that has 0.5 sec casttime and 12 seconds CD having the same tooltip as a Dragonstooth and Arcing slice combined......  is 💩

I could also go on and tell you how no thief on this planet will be able to deliver damage similar to that a soulbeast can dish out currently...

And i could also go on and explain to you how little stealth chrono has in comparison to this Soubleast build...

But that is not worth my time and effort.   You can figure that out for yourself.

YOU LITERALLY CALLED IT A SKILLISSUE.... because YOU can beat it in 1v1...

good for you...   but the spvp balancing doesnt evolve around  "can i kill it?"   

Every build fills a role in the meta of spvp. This specific build is not meant for winning 1v1s or little skirmishes.  

Its made to gank already ongoing fights.  And you can literally deal 12k+ damage out of stealth just by pressing f1..... Then you follow up with literally anything else and secure the kill ezpz.....   

that is beyond everything that thief can do... that is beyond everything that Herald could ever do... and that is way more than chrono can do....

This whole balance thingy doesnt evolve around "can i kill it"....  you need to look at the builds performance INSIDE OF ITS ROLE.   And currently This new Soulbeast build is just wayyy to good for what its designed. And all of it is carried by overtuned coeffs and according to Trevor also might.

End of the story.

So why not suggest some balance like I did rather than just calling things poop. 

The skill issue is entirely the fact that this is new and people had never encountered it. I mean my initial reaction to these threads a week ago was that this build didn't exist but then I started to see it. 

Im sorry you died so many time but I have been able to beat this build and it wasn't that hard.

Edited by Mell.4873

2 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

So why not suggest some balance

been there done that.

Check the other threads.

Sword 1+2+3 need Damage finetuned.

Boar f1 needs to be split between pve and pvp.

And according to Trevor the might generation needs to be cut.

Edited by Sahne.6950