Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

Just now, WRay.2391 said:

Being one of the benefits does not mean it negligible, especially if you understand that ppl paid for it. Removing it should warrant compensation.

Removing an obvious exploit doesn't warrant compensation, especially if said person has made significant profit off of it already.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

There was a screenshot of the cap, and i think someone said it was 1500 and another poster said something about it being 5 AA for the daily

Ok but how does the values earned have anything to do with the prices paid? We still don't know so there is no math behind it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Tiviana.2650 said:

There was a screenshot of the cap, and i think someone said it was 1500 and another poster said something about it being 5 AA for the daily

If the weekly cap is 1300 like in the screenshot and you get 5 aa for loging in that just means you get 35 out of 1300 weekly cap just for login in.

We still dont know how much of it is need for coins, clovers or laurels so it tells us nothing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Acheron.1580 said:

Ok but how does the values earned have anything to do with the prices paid? We still don't know so there is no math behind it.

I think the reasoning behind the post was they mentioned that the best rewards are going to cost that much for one item, leaving your wallet bare to pay for coins or clovers 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Removing an obvious exploit doesn't warrant compensation, especially if said person has made significant profit off of it already.

If company states immediately that it's an exploit and this will be fixed - sure. If it'll state this is fine, get money for accounts and then remove functionality - this is scam.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

I think the reasoning behind the post was they mentioned that the best rewards are going to cost that much for one item, leaving your wallet bare to pay for coins or clovers 

They took a stab in the dark, the best rewards are supposed to be earned during the 3 month cycle so yes they will probabely cost more then we make in a week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's still just a guess though, pure conjecture. We don't even know if the best (like the gryphon skin) will cost more, or less than the 1300. Got to remember seasons are usually pretty long and if they intend to pad it out for a long period, the pricey stuff could be REALLY pricey, and everything else could just be little distractions.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

If the weekly cap is 1300 like in the screenshot and you get 5 aa for loging in that just means you get 35 out of 1300 weekly cap just for login in.

We still dont know how much of it is need for coins, clovers or laurels so it tells us nothing.

Umm the cap isnt weekly its till you spend it down, from what was said you get you wallet cap, and then next week if you have not spent it you dont get more AA. at least thats how it was put

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Confused 4

Umm the cap isnt weekly its till you spend it down, from what was said you get you wallet cap, and then next week if you have not spent it you dont get more AA

Could you link a source from either Anet blogpost or a red ruby post saying this because I dont recall seeing anything like that at all.

Just users like you and me guessing what will happen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, WRay.2391 said:

If company states immediately that it's an exploit and this will be fixed - sure. If it'll state this is fine, get money for accounts and then remove functionality - this is scam.

Nobody from Anet told you to do it. A streamer did while bragging about how broken it was as a system. It wasn't going to take long for Anet to notice. It doesn't change the fact that if you use something for the unintended use, it is an exploit. Honestly think it took them this long to deal with it because they couldn't decide how to close it off while not screwing over all the people actually playing their game.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Acheron.1580 said:

It's still just a guess though, pure conjecture. We don't even know if the best (like the gryphon skin) will cost more, or less than the 1300. Got to remember seasons are usually pretty long and if they intend to pad it out for a long period, the pricey stuff could be REALLY pricey, and everything else could just be little distractions.

I agree its a guess but why are they being so secretive about it, show the rewards and cost so we know where we stand

• Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Could you link a source from either Anet blogpost or a red ruby post saying this because I dont recall seeing anything like that at all.

Just users like you and me guessing what will happen.

I didnt see it it was a post, someone saw the screenshot of the wallet with the cap 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I agree its a guess but why are they being so secretive about it, show the rewards and cost so we know where we stand

Honestly I don't know. Rubi mentioned in another post (somewhere on the SoTo threads) that people were going to be plenty surprised and excited at release. I mean it could just be bubbly PR speech, and likely is, but maybe (just maaaaaybe, the bar is set really low), they expect people to be pleased and want it to be a surprise. I also think the 1300 or 1500 whatever is the cap not on the wallet, but for the season maybe? You can't get that much in a week so it isn't a weekly cap, and I doubt the wallet has a cap itself (I mean it could just to encourage spending all of it instead of holding on to any AA between seasons). The forums are going to be pretty wild again on tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

I didnt see it it was a post, someone saw the screenshot of the wallet with the cap 

You mean the first picture in this blogpost?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/discover-the-wonders-within-the-wizards-vault-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

Then yea that is not the wallet and for all we know it could be the weekly max you can get from daily, weekly and specials.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I want to jump in briefly and emphasize this. Here's a little peek (peak? 😉  iykyk)  at what that looks like in game. The system is pretty flexible so you can focus on content that you like to do!

WizardsVaultChoice.png

5 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I'm really glad you spoke up and I can assure you that you (and all the other solo players) are not forgotten! Solo players will find plenty of objectives in the Wizard's Vault to earn rewards. I think you're going to be very happy with the choices you see next week.

Edited by Acheron.1580
Stuff found in other threads that kind of relate
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Nobody from Anet told you to do it. A streamer did while bragging about how broken it was as a system. It wasn't going to take long for Anet to notice. It doesn't change the fact that if you use something for the unintended use, it is an exploit. Honestly think it took them this long to deal with it because they couldn't decide how to close it off while not screwing over all the people actually playing their game.

Ppl in this thread claimed they created alts after confirming with support it's Ok to use it for this purpose.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Honestly I don't know. Rubi mentioned in another post (somewhere on the SoTo threads) that people were going to be plenty surprised and excited at release. I mean it could just be bubbly PR speech, and likely is, but maybe (just maaaaaybe, the bar is set really low), they expect people to be pleased and want it to be a surprise. I also think the 1300 or 1500 whatever is the cap not on the wallet, but for the season maybe? You can't get that much in a week so it isn't a weekly cap, and I doubt the wallet has a cap itself (I mean it could just to encourage spending all of it instead of holding on to any AA between seasons). The forums are going to be pretty wild again on tuesday.

So with items like that griffon skin you know thats going to be more than 1300AA so I hope also 1300 isnt a hard cap

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

So with items like that griffon skin you know thats going to be more than 1300AA so I hope also 1300 isnt a hard cap

Yea most likely is my guess, skins are a big money maker for Anet so they will probably be "prestigious" in terms of work spent getting them through this system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Acheron.1580 said:

Yea most likely is my guess, skins are a big money maker for Anet so they will probably be "prestigious" in terms of work spent getting them through this system.

The price goes up also as per 

• It will be possible to exchange it for rewards of the player's choosing, such as new weapons and armor skins, a small selection of items previously exclusive to the Gem Store, crafting materials, gold, mystic coins, legendary crafting starter kits, and more.[1]
  • These rewards will refresh on a quarterly basis, but any Wizard’s Vault–exclusive rewards will simply move into a legacy section of the vault, where they’ll remain available for the same type of currency indefinitely,[1] albeit for a higher price.[2]
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Lets say you get 3 from each categry daily like now so you chose pve only get 9 tasks.

Each give you 10 points thats 95 points daily 665 weekly.

Add in the 6 weekly 40 points each your up to 1005 that only leaves 295 or the special if they want you to do absolutely everything to cap that number.

Now there will probabely be more points that you can earn since if there were not why even have a cap.

• Confused 1

The price goes up also as per 

• It will be possible to exchange it for rewards of the player's choosing, such as new weapons and armor skins, a small selection of items previously exclusive to the Gem Store, crafting materials, gold, mystic coins, legendary crafting starter kits, and more.[1]
  • These rewards will refresh on a quarterly basis, but any Wizard’s Vault–exclusive rewards will simply move into a legacy section of the vault, where they’ll remain available for the same type of currency indefinitely,[1] albeit for a higher price.[2]

Ah that's something I was looking for. Seasons will be quarterly it looks like. So yea... things will probably be on the expensive side. But it does also suggest that we won't have a wallet cap because if we did, having things get more expensive after would just be really tricky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Lets say you get 3 from each categry daily like now so you chose pve only get 9 tasks.

Add in the 6 weekly 40 points each your up to 1005 that only leaves 295 or the special if they want you to do absolutely everything to cap that number.

Now there will probabely be more points that you can earn since if there were not why even have a cap.

I think you are going to have to bust some moves to get enough AA to cover the cost of high dollar items before they go legacy , and cost even more. that will def cut into buying coins and clovers and gold

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I think you are going to have to bust some moves to get enough AA to cover the cost of high dollar items before they go legacy , and cost even more

Ofcourse my post you do 3 times as much daily compared to now.

And added on weeklies + specials aswell.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Ah that's something I was looking for. Seasons will be quarterly it looks like. So yea... things will probably be on the expensive side. But it does also suggest that we won't have a wallet cap because if we did, having things get more expensive after would just be really tricky.

I hope you are right, it seems Aa can be daily weekly and monthly acquired, but that also means if you want the mount skins you are going to have to grind more than before 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Im very curious if there will be incentive to do more than 3 daily quests or if they are going to try to make sure people don't burn themselves out by restricting it to having a hard cap on the amount of quests you can do per day. As it stands I kind of do the bare minimum, so if they change that I don't know how I'll feel about it. Maybe it'll add an extra 10-15 mins to my day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1