Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

• ArenaNet Staff

Of course by “discover,” we mean “receive in exchange for currency acquired by completing objectives,” and by “wonders,” we mean “reward items,” but that’d be a very cumbersome title indeed...

Read on

I've got an answer to some questions I've seen frequently in this thread, so I'm going to add them here to make sure they're easily found!

• Q: What about Mystic Coins, Laurels, Mystic Clovers, gold, and achievement points that we were getting with dailies? 
    • A: Gold, Laurels, Mystic Clovers, and Mystic Coins can all be purchased in the Wizard's Vault for completing your daily objectives. Daily achievement points will still be available as well, you'll earn them by completing your Wizard's Vault daily objectives.
      • *Edited to specify that Mystic Clovers are available as well* 
    •  One change the Wizard's Vault brings for these daily items is that you can choose the order of what you get. So for example if you are currently focused on Mystic Coins, you can keep buying those and save the other items for later.

• Q: Are there still daily login rewards?
    • A: There will be one objective every day for logging in. This objective gives 5 astral acclaim (standard daily objectives give 10).
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 7

So, half of this is ANet dumping glitter onto an old idea and bringing it back. For that, I'm unimpressed.

However... I have to admit they appear to be doing it better this time with regards to the rewards and how you pick what you get. Heck, if they add Potions of WvW reward into it, then they'll even have the long sought after way for PvE players to get the stuff to make a legendary without doing WvW.

• Like 6
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Vidit.7108 said:

I'm not saying they did.  I'm asking about it since the Daily log-in reward previously led to you getting them. Maybe it's something you can buy with astral acclaim now? I don't know.

Those are from the log-in reward. This doesn't appear to change the log-in reward system at all. It replaces the other dailies, like "Kryta Harvester".

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Palador.2170 said:

Those are from the log-in reward. This doesn't appear to change the log-in reward system at all. It replaces the other dailies, like "Kryta Harvester".

I think they are:

> The Wizard’s Vault replaces the existing daily login rewards and daily achievements—specifically the generic Daily category.

However, laurels could easily be a permanent option in the acclaim system.  In which case, they are acquirable for in game actions, but also avoided for those that don't need them.

Edited by PixelHero.5849
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Palador.2170 said:

Those are from the log-in reward. This doesn't appear to change the log-in reward system at all.

Under the heading Gameplay Direction it says: "The Wizard’s Vault replaces the existing daily login rewards and daily achievements" 

It's both.

• Like 2

Just now, Shivas.9263 said:

Also wanting to know what happens to getting laurels (and a large source of mystic coins) from daily logins if that is going away. 

I'd like to know this too. But the post said you can get crafting materials with astral acclaim, so my guess is we will no longer be able to get things like laurels and mystic coins just from logging in without doing dailies.

4 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Yeah @Rubi Bayer.8493 can you clarify if the daily login rewards are going away and if so will accounts get anything for logging in now?

agreed, could we get some clarity on daily login rewards? in the past daily login rewards has been the biggest source of laurels on my account as well as being almost the only way I've gotten mystic coins and mystic clovers (legendary materials box after 28 days).  if the old login system is being removed can we get clarity that these items will be at least available through the vault?

Additionally, I have a friend that plays occasionally and her only character is level 53. does that mean she doesn't get any dailies she can do and no potential login rewards until her character is level 80?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

What will happen with the daily achievement points and 2 gold? 

They're still there according to the article:

You’ll continue to receive progress toward Daily Completionist by completing Wizard’s Vault daily objectives and achievement points from the Wizard’s Vault Daily Completionist achievement.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Removing daily login rewards would be weird. It's quite a way to progress an account, especially for new players. New players will never be able to get 20 mystic coins and bunch of laurels with same efficiency as veteran players anymore for quite a while.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

So...  if they remove the Daily Login reward and Daily Acheivements and you're one of those that don't purchase the SOTO expac...

Will be interesting to see how ANet introduce new methods for acquiring laurels and mystic coins to the core platform... either that or the maybe the value of MCs will soar beyond the 4g we saw last year?  Glad I've been stock-piling them (for now).

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I'm pretty sure the daily rewards system will go away with the expansion, so hopping between multiple accounts for daily login rewards will no longer be possible. In my opinion, this change is questionable because the people who love the game and need stuff on their main account, like t6 material, have all bought multiple accounts over the years. I've been playing the game since the beta and I still play it with friends I've made in the game. We talk about the game weekly and everyone has gotten multiple accounts for the same reason: to get a little bonus income to fund projects like Legendaries. It's also been promoted by the biggest streamer Mighty Teapot, so I'd say it's a common method. Especially the group of casual players, like me, who don't have the time to play the game several hours a week, this gave them the opportunity to reach certain high-cost items in a shorter time. And it also allowed Arenanet to sell more games. So it was a win-win situation. .

The fact that they are doing away with it now is something the team should reconsider. The newer developments in the game are leading to more and more disappointed players. This is the first time I have asked myself several times whether I should buy a Guild Wars 2 expansion or not, because of the last expansion released and the content I got for my money.

Edited by Smeyl.3270
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

'Once one of your characters reaches level 80, the Wizard’s Vault UI will be accessible to all characters on your account, regardless of which expansions you own. If you do not have Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure registered on your account, some rewards will be locked'

So, in the current system, you had access to ALL dailies once you hit lvl31 and even if you only had base game GW2 ( or whatever combo of expansions) Now you can only obtain access to all dailies IF you have the current expansion and if you have a character level 80, so essentially this now ties some 'dailies' to an expansion - can someone explain how that is a good thing? because it doesnt seem to be to me?

Also log in rewards, the whole point was a reward just for logging in - you are now expected to do dailies  to get this reward? or are they getting rid of all the log in rewards ( including laurels) Again, how is this a good thing? for vets and newbies alike? Frequently i would log in just to get the reward and end up doing some stuff in game, now if i am forced into doing dailes im going to start to feel like I'm on a hamster wheel.

This is exacatly what someone on here or reddit i canot remember where warned about..im not sure this is making me all that positive about it, but maybe more will come out about it...

Edited by Whirlygig.9685
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• ArenaNet Staff

I'm here and I've got an answer for you!

Gold, Laurels, and Mystic Coins can all be purchased in the Wizard's Vault for completing your daily objectives. Daily achievement points will still be available as well, you'll earn them by completing your Wizard's Vault daily objectives.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Gold, Laurels, and Mystic Coins can all be purchased in the Wizard's Vault for completing your daily objectives. Daily achievement points will still be available as well, you'll earn them by completing your Wizard's Vault daily objectives.

Thank you for clarifying. 

• Like 1