@arenanet AFK players

Heidegger.4786

Recently returned to the game and pvp definately has alot of issues, still i enjoy the seldom fights that are balanced alot.

Iam just wondering why arenanet isnt able to ban afk players, they make the experience so much worse and it shouldnt be that hard? I mean you have the report feature. Maybe someone could read them?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Heidegger.4786 said:

I mean you have the report feature. Maybe someone could read them?

Funny enough, they somewhat recently removed the ability to report people as idle/afk players.
Not that it's ever done anything since basically only verbal abuse reports lead to any consequences.

But still, it's gone now, lol

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

huh, i checked again and it showed up, but like a week ago it wasn't there, i even took a screenshot cause i was confused

anyways, yeah it's pretty sucky and the only real way to solve it is actually banning people
everything else that people come up with as solutions don't actually do a very good job

took a -40 match the other day in which 3 of 5 of my team never left spawn
even if you don't care that much about rating it's still really discouraging

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, gkoogz.3089 said:

Unpopular opinion, but I think AFKing is a reasonable response to someone insulting or disrespecting you. It's the one thing that you can control; you can just say, ok, you don't deserve my presence and you can punish others with loss of rank and waste of time.

So make the entire team suffer because you are sensitive 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

i guess they gave up looking at those reports, pvp is very very toxic and i bet there's a bunch of ppl that reports the whole team every time they lose

you know the silver pros, that afk after losing first fight and call "gg no team afk"

and also "oh, this guy, there's no way he's so bad it must be matchmanipulation"

or even the pvp coaches that want everyone to follow their call and report ppl if they dont

too much misleading reports

I don't even know that if you send any proof to anet  that it's gonna work

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, gkoogz.3089 said:

Unpopular opinion, but I think AFKing is a reasonable response to someone insulting or disrespecting you. It's the one thing that you can control; you can just say, ok, you don't deserve my presence and you can punish others with loss of rank and waste of time.

but if reports worked you'd be banned in less than 2 hours pvping lol

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

they could add a vote-to-kick system, that is available when a player is afk for too long.

after the player is kicked or flagged he won't get any rewards and will get penalized. 

right now the afk players get the same rewards as players who play the whole game. how is this fair? they are abusing the current reward system.

Edited by Chaos God.1639
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/19/2023 at 2:03 PM, Chaos God.1639 said:

they could add a vote-to-kick system, that is available when a player is afk for too long.

after the player is kicked he won't get any rewards and will get penalized. 

right now the afk players get the same rewards as players who play the whole game. how is this fair? they are abusing the current reward system.

For some people, the only rewards they want are salt and tears.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The problem is, people started abusing the reporting system. Now, the system is Useless.

I get called "AFK" and a "Win Trader" all the time.  These people do not seem to know what AFK and Win Trading is.  It feels very much like a Buzz Word people throw around that describes people they don't like.

I play a lot of Core Shout Support Guard.  I often get called "AFK" by people who don't feel like I am Healing, ressing, or condi-cleansing enough.  Oddly enough, I end most of the games I played with Top heals, Top Revives, and Top Defense.  As for the Condi-Cleanse.  Unless I am bombed by the entire enemy team, or just flat out locked out of playing the game.  I typically burn through several rotations of all of my abilities. with the exception of my Renewed Focus and Signet of Mercy.  I am doing literally all I can. And these people claim I am AFK.

I get called "Troll, Griefer, and Win Trader" Often as well as told "never queue ranked again." frequently.

From my perspective, A game starts, Some one goes Home, every one else goes mid. The team fight starts, Some Idiot gets one-hit, I try to resurrect them, and they last second Blink out of Signet of Mercy.  Then crys because "You're not ressing people. >=^(" While also trying to Survive the team fight myself, Heal the entire remainder of the team, Constantly cleansing as many conditions as I possible can while also applying Might, Resolution, Regen, Protection, Stability, and if I can casting Empower when its safe. And these idiots are upset with me.

If we lose its because I was "Too braindead to revive downed players."  Doesn't matter how many times they chose to displace themselves out of my Signet of Mercy.

If we win the first team fight mid, Every one abandons mid and leaves me to solo defend it 1V3 for the next 5 minutes.  Which I obviously fail, because I am a support, and supports are not geared for dueling. Especially 1vs3.  Which I am flamed because, hey, I can't be expected to hold mid solo against half the enmy team. At the suggestion to "Maybe not leave the Support alone mid for several minutes." and "Hey, I can't protect mid by myself, or the point."  I get told "Then don't."  To which I say "Heard."  and go to a side node. Like Home or Far.  Which my character is not designed for, but I can stalemate an enemy 1V1 on a side node for quite a while and wrack up some decent pointage. while denying the enemy team that node.  And they called me "AFK, Idle, and a win-trader.

Does this look like the account of a wintrader to you? 

https://imgur.com/a/SNncLkT

Edited by Irastira.8643