Is minstrel herald viable in WvW?

Axelteas.7192

I ask before crafting a full gear set because I dont wanne be disapointed. For some reason the only build recommended for herald in most webs is to power herald. But I want to play  support healer herald. Planning to build full minstrel with rune of the monk.

I want it for medium group fights about 10-20 people.

Heal herald isnt really viable. 
It lacks quite a bit of stuff. especially due to not having decent healing on 1 legend, so it needs to decide between boons, stab or healing.
vindi is better because alliance gives boons and healing, so you can freely choose stab or healing on top, while being a lot more tanky. 

Heal herald could be decent with elevated compassion being buffed, but right now its only a decent dps unit in zergs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2023 at 10:49 AM, Virdo.1540 said:

Heal herald isnt really viable. 
It lacks quite a bit of stuff. especially due to not having decent healing on 1 legend, so it needs to decide between boons, stab or healing.
vindi is better because alliance gives boons and healing, so you can freely choose stab or healing on top, while being a lot more tanky. 

Heal herald could be decent with elevated compassion being buffed, but right now its only a decent dps unit in zergs

as a non minstrall heal herald i agree with this still has its stuff going on but Minstrell Vindicator with antitoxin and some decent runes like druid m8 be decent also the trait to remove condies on dodge from salvation (3-3-3) will apply also protection, condi 1 cleanse (+1 from antitoxin relic) and still give 3 endurance dots ( 3 points in endurance  per condi removed i think) plus all the goodies from  Victor that boost vindicator dodge heal and barrier and heal output and vigor/endurance gain.... plus gain endurance per allies afected by your dodge, yeah all one needs to learn to do on vindicador is dodge....all this with dodge mechanics.

I am still using my setup for max regen for alies while using full pleb cleric(sometimes zealot trinkets, i am so bad to return and learn anet killed herald support in a way -.-" was kinda on pair with vindicator now it is not and did not gain anything in exchange  >_> )

Note: Dwayna relic plus druid runes and since dwayna gives regen + 20% also using the herald trait that boost regen, still regen output it is hamered down tho, atm i sit at 2200 healing power with food and weapon sigil

Note 2: words of sensure is nice  as well when it happens with staff 5, when several revs manage to get it its nice hp up when pushing tthrough (staff m8 be in need of a very light QoL tho)

I still prefer to use ventari with Herald than Vindicator... http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmA4pKZ1aB-w

Edited by Aeolus.3615

• 9 months later...
Posted (edited)

Just coming in late to say relic of Lhyr with Jalis herald is quite nasty in terms of supporting/tanking. You're not gonna be the best healer but you'll be keeping people alive all the same: 

Lhyr relic grants 50% dmg reduction (6 sec duration, 10 second cooldown

Rite of the Great Dwarf grants 50% dmg reduction 5 sec duration, 40 second cd)

If you're set on herald you can keep the nature facet up which is an extra 10% dmg reduction for allies when channeling jalis

My recommendation for traits is the following but have fun with it!

Ret: 2-2-2 (keeping resolution up on you will grant you an extra 10% reduction plus you'll get a free cast of Great Dwarf)

Salv: most of these skills work well depending on if you'd rather focus on healthing/condi cleanse: have fun with it

Herald: 2-3-1 but again swap your adept and GM traits depending on if your healing/boonsupport

I usually take staff/hammer but if you want more direct heals over cc scepter&shield could be interesting. Being able to tether/blink to your commander could be really cool 

Have a good time 🙂

Edited by BeardedBacon.9328
Extra info