Bring back WvW staff coefficient

kiwituatara.6053

Solar Beam: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.3 to 0.25 in WvW only.

Excuse me?

Almost nobody was using staff as a power weapon. Nobody was complaining about power staff.

Meanwhile we have burn wars 2 in WvW that didn’t get nerfed.

Edited by kiwituatara.6053
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, kiwituatara.6053 said:

Yea vine surge is really only hitting in big zergs. Not a very good skill when roaming

Might want to check out some roamer Druid content; Vine Surge is invaluable there.  

Ironically enough, I just ran 2 people from SE sentry to AK using this skill while trying to get the daily for the new reward system.  

It's also a 2 cap buff which is very useful even in small skrimishes--i.e. outside of WvW that'd be sPvP which is an entire team immob.  

Kinda wondering if you play Druid or why the complaint about a coefficient nerf on something 'no one' uses when #4 got a straight buff in all modes? 

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

17 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Might want to check out some roamer Druid content; Vine Surge is invaluable there.  

Ironically enough, I just ran 2 people from SE sentry to AK using this skill while trying to get the daily for the new reward system.  

It's also a 2 cap buff which is very useful even in small skrimishes--i.e. outside of WvW that'd be sPvP which is an entire team immob.  

Kinda wondering if you play Druid or why the complaint about a coefficient nerf on something 'no one' uses when #4 got a straight buff in all modes? 

Yes I play druid. And no, I don't want to watch cringe music videos of cherry picked fights. I play enough WvW to have a feel of what most people are playing.

Vine surge was really only hitting if you're casting behind. Front facing vine surge is so avoidable. But that doesn't matter. And is increasing a target from 3 to 5 really big? Thats so situational.

I want to bring focus back to staff auto.

Power staff auto had a consistent highish damage but consequently had no burst skills. If they were worried about the synergy with stances, they probably should have looked into how stances work instead.

I don't see anyone using staff for its beam power dmg in wvw. Most are just using it to recharge CA in a condi roam build or wvw zerg heal build.

Edited by kiwituatara.6053

4 hours ago, kiwituatara.6053 said:

Yes I play druid. And no, I don't want to watch cringe music videos of cherry picked fights. I play enough WvW to have a feel of what most people are playing.

Vine surge was really only hitting if you're casting behind. Front facing vine surge is so avoidable. But that doesn't matter. And is increasing a target from 3 to 5 really big? Thats so situational.

I want to bring focus back to staff auto.

Power staff auto had a consistent highish damage but consequently had no burst skills. If they were worried about the synergy with stances, they probably should have looked into how stances work instead.

I don't see anyone using staff for its beam power dmg in wvw. Most are just using it to recharge CA in a condi roam build or wvw zerg heal build.

Well yeah, no one is going to roam with staff being the primary damage weapon since it's a kiting / control weapon.  

Don't think upping the damage on the auto fixes this--can just consider the coefficient nerf thankful they didn't touch something actually meaningful--like when they took the evade portion off of #3.

Anyway, Vine Surge as a 5-target cap is actually very meaningful, you can now use it instead of Entangle if need a group immob.  Sure, they could up the speed of it, but otherwise other than wisp being lackluster, staff is pretty much as balanced as it gets.  

3 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Well yeah, no one is going to roam with staff being the primary damage weapon since it's a kiting / control weapon.  

Don't think upping the damage on the auto fixes this--can just consider the coefficient nerf thankful they didn't touch something actually meaningful--like when they took the evade portion off of #3.

Anyway, Vine Surge as a 5-target cap is actually very meaningful, you can now use it instead of Entangle if need a group immob.  Sure, they could up the speed of it, but otherwise other than wisp being lackluster, staff is pretty much as balanced as it gets.  

Yeah that’s why I’m wondering why they’d even touch staff auto. Just frustrated that it got nerfed when there is a burn pandemic in WvW.

I don’t play meta builds anymore and had so much fun trying to make power Druid staff to work. It’s fine, I’ll just got back to theorycrafting. Just wanted to rant about Anet nerfing something so underused.

2 hours ago, kiwituatara.6053 said:

Yeah that’s why I’m wondering why they’d even touch staff auto. Just frustrated that it got nerfed when there is a burn pandemic in WvW.

I don’t play meta builds anymore and had so much fun trying to make power Druid staff to work. It’s fine, I’ll just got back to theorycrafting. Just wanted to rant about Anet nerfing something so underused.

Agree there, they've practically gutted roaming Druid in WvW. 

I was just happy to see some sort of buff with vine surge as for the past year it has been straight nerfs--losing cleanses on druidic clarity, sharpening stone not getting CD reduction, losing ancient seeds, eclipse being lackluster and blood moon being kitten, pet F2s no longer responding....

But, as for a reason to why I think staff got nerfed is because of SLB interaction.  They didn't want the might stack potential to make it actually do damage, it's the only thing I can think of.  Otherwise, it is a really random nerf for sure.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You must have missed the target cap increase on Vine Surge.  

Pretty sure it is a nerf, because of how they worded it. It's not "increased target cap from 3 to 5" (per hit), it's "can hit max 5 players". Previously Vine Surge was able to hit up to 21 targets (3 x 7).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Agree there, they've practically gutted roaming Druid in WvW. 

I was just happy to see some sort of buff with vine surge as for the past year it has been straight nerfs--losing cleanses on druidic clarity, sharpening stone not getting CD reduction, losing ancient seeds, eclipse being lackluster and blood moon being kitten, pet F2s no longer responding....

But, as for a reason to why I think staff got nerfed is because of SLB interaction.  They didn't want the might stack potential to make it actually do damage, it's the only thing I can think of.  Otherwise, it is a really random nerf for sure.  

I agree with you the roaming druid has just nerfed again and again, now with the arrival of relics it is no longer even possible to use trapper runes to become invisible.