Relic Bugs (Definitive Documentation)

Making this thread as a documentation (and for other users to verify) that some of these relic effects are bugged, and are in need of fixing. Please only serious responses...and confirm the nature of your tests.

1. Relic of Durability : Does not apply (Protection + Regeneration) neither in nor out of combat. [FIXED]

Tested in SPVP Lobby against Golems

2. Relic of the Centaur : Does not apply effect (Stability) neither in nor out of combat. [FIXED]

Tested in SPVP Lobby against Golems

3. Relic of the Unseen Invasion : Does not apply effect (Superspeed on Stealth Enter or Exit) neither in nor out of combat. [FIXED]

Tested in SPVP Lobby using SmokeScale Smoke Field + Blast Finisher

4. Relic of the Thief : Does not apply effect (Relic of the Thief Stacks) when using Greatsword 3 (Phantom's Onslaught)

Tested in SPVP Lobby.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Look at the pinned topic, they mentionned a few effect disabled runes :

• We have temporarily disabled the effects of the following relics while we address an issue: 
    • Relic of the Adventurer 
    • Relic of the Centaur 
    • Relic of the Pack 
    • Relic of Durability 

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/135465-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure-known-issues-launch-week/

Edited by Theroi.9536
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Theroi.9536 said:

Look at the pinned topic, they mentionned a few effect disabled runes :

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/135465-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure-known-issues-launch-week/

Cool, that is nice that they know those are bugged. This is a thread for just documenting any bugs players find though with the relics.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Confused 2

Relic of afflicted working in PvE but not working in WvW. In both cases tested by pulling 3-4 creeps then killing one of them and then watch if any effect applies on neighbors. In PvE some green visual effect was applied upon death and the rest of creeps close to dead one gets conditions. In WvW simply nothing happening upon creeps death.

3 hours ago, Diskyp.9461 said:

Relic of afflicted working in PvE but not working in WvW. In both cases tested by pulling 3-4 creeps then killing one of them and then watch if any effect applies on neighbors. In PvE some green visual effect was applied upon death and the rest of creeps close to dead one gets conditions. In WvW simply nothing happening upon creeps death.

If anyone can confirm this bug? I tested this in SPVP and it works there. Upon death, an AOE triggers that applies 10 stacks of Poison and Bleeding. 

10 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

If anyone can confirm this bug? I tested this in SPVP and it works there. Upon death, an AOE triggers that applies 10 stacks of Poison and Bleeding. 

You can easily reproduce in 5 min. Enter Eternal Battleground and pull a couple of creeps next to respawn.

• Sad 1

On 8/22/2023 at 11:02 PM, SehferViega.8725 said:

Relic of the Thief damage bonus is not triggered by the following Thief sword skills: 

-Tactical Strike

-Infiltrator's Strike

-Flanking Strike

-Larcenous Strike.

And by main Dagger skill Backstab.

Tested in WvW.

I tested every weapon set on thief:

Infiltrator Strike

Flanking Strike

Larcenous Strike

Shadow Strike

Measured Shot

The sword ones I am certain of in PVE and WvW AB lobby.

Another note that Relic of speed is definitely not working.

Relic of Isgarren is supposedly putting a debuff on enemies you evade, it might be working but there's no way to tell at the moment. Tested versus a single PVE mob, got the "Evade" text, nothing showed up on their bar. Thankfully this is minor as we only ever engage in honorable one on one combat and never fight big packs of mobs.

EDIT: Correction on Isgarren. Apparently Anet decided to put a nice faint blue symbol over their head and nothing on the buff bar, where we've been conditioned to look for such things for the last decade. Since I was testing versus a single smaller mob the standard targeting arrow covered it up. 

Edited by Basharic.1654

On 8/22/2023 at 10:54 PM, bcatt.1956 said:

Relic of Speed is not working at least with revenant/herald.  The tooltip for Facet of Elements says 99%.  However, mousing over the boon says 33%, and run speed is the same with of without the relic.

Relic of speed does work, but only in combat. With swiftness on (herald, for example), you run at super speed speeds when in combat. Out of combat you won’t notice a difference. I’ve tested this extensively.

On 8/22/2023 at 9:53 PM, Mourningstar.7309 said:

Phantom Onslaught (Rev Greatsword 3) is not triggering Relic of the Thief stacks

Adding to this: Neither is Revenant Greatsword #4 "True Strike". Now technically that ability has no recharge or resource cost but it is only useable as a follow-up of "Imperial Guard" which has both. So I'm thinking it should count.

It might be a good idea to change the trigger of "Relic of the Thief" to: Upon striking an enemy with a weapon skill that is not in slot 1, gain 1% strike damage for 6 seconds, up to a maximum of 5 stacks, and refresh duration of all stacks to 6 seconds.

On 8/30/2023 at 7:26 PM, SapphyrAngel.6913 said:

Relic of speed does work, but only in combat. With swiftness on (herald, for example), you run at super speed speeds when in combat. Out of combat you won’t notice a difference. I’ve tested this extensively.

Yeah. I'm not sure how to verify this. I can't actually tell the difference. The tool tip for me remains at 33% speed increase. And I can't tell a difference between animations if there is supposed to be.

When I leave combat with swiftness on there's no change in speed that I can notice.

On 8/30/2023 at 1:26 PM, SapphyrAngel.6913 said:

It really doesn't, I've been testing it by running around with a swiftenss buff on, as soon as I attack something and enter combat my speed does not change at all. It's broken for sure.

• 5 weeks later...