Can't Complete Bastion Of Strength Challenge On Elementalist (Tower Of Secrets Story Mission)

28 minutes ago, NitricRose.1863 said:

Has anyone solved this one?  I tried using the jackal to get a barrier, but it still wipes me out.

Ick.   Guess I'll wait a few days until this is fixed.    I've probably wasted almost an hour of time already.  This particular chapter takes a long time, and then this.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, JynxTheSerpent.5290 said:

If you are doing the trial for the key as a condi geared spec it will take the stats you have for your condition damage and hit you with them. Do the trial as a power based gear build and the damage is much more manageable.

checks out. I was on cele the first time before I respeced to minstrels' and prestacked alac on myself. was not expecting to get nuked by a little key on cele gear... looked around for something like the adrenal shrooms but I think it seems more likely that the condi scaling is the real issue...

• Like 1

Tried to do the trial as full viper and got absolutely smoked. A mix of soldier's + berserker gear + mango pie for regen made it much more bearable. Not sure why it scales off one's condition damage.

Edited by JynxTheSerpent.5290
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Completed very easily on a condition virtuoso character. 20% to 30% hp left after 1 minute.

Did you try "auto running" around in the room, while constantly pressing the 1 skill on your bar?
Torment has double damage to non-moving targets.

• Thanks 1

i actually managed to do it on elemental....all i did was switch my equipment template to one with no equipment, removing all my equipment/armour removes stats meaning u virtually get hit with no damage...extremely simple..

Edited by xELDAx.5298

On 8/23/2023 at 12:47 AM, JynxTheSerpent.5290 said:

Tried to do the trial as full viper and got absolutely smoked. A mix of soldier's + berserker gear + mango pie for regen made it much more bearable. Not sure why it scales off one's condition damage.

this is so stupid, but thank you for the info on this. Fortunately I have another equipment template that is full zerker and the healing was able to outpace the damage entirely.

• Confused 1