SOTO Ch. 8 NPC Motivation [Item] story stuck [Merged]

Chapter 8 of SOTO story, Kamilla is supposed to give the motivation item to fin higher level rifts. Did higher rifts with party of 4. The story journal is checked for me having taken the motivation from Kamilla. The item is gone, the story didnt advance (just for me, everyone else advanced their story).  I restarted the chapter by starting an old chapter in SOTO and coming back to chapter 8. Got back to the place where I have to receive the motivation... got an error that says I already got the item. It's nowhere in my inventory, hotbar or anything. Story is stuck and bricked at this point.

Edited by devastoscz.9851
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

• devastoscz.9851 changed the title to SOTO Ch. 8 NPC Motivation [Item] story stuck
On 8/23/2023 at 2:38 AM, devastoscz.9851 said:

Chapter 8 of SOTO story, Kamilla is supposed to give the motivation item to fin higher level rifts. Did higher rifts with party of 4. The story journal is checked for me having taken the motivation from Kamilla. The item is gone, the story didnt advance (just for me, everyone else advanced their story).  I restarted the chapter by starting an old chapter in SOTO and coming back to chapter 8. Got back to the place where I have to receive the motivation... got an error that says I already got the item. It's nowhere in my inventory, hotbar or anything. Story is stuck and bricked at this point.

When you double click it is stays in your inventory. If you open, it disappears.  
If you go downstate (the thing with the special action bar and red flashing screen) you LOOSE you motivation, no matter if the rift fails or not. You probably went into downstate. 
buy a tier 2 from the auction house. 

• Like 3

kitten. Already wondered - in another thread - what might happen if you failed on your "free" T2 rift (or some bug occured). They really seem to have made this non-abusable (did not expect them to think that far) ... giving only 1 will prevent players from restarting the story to just gather more and more of them to maybe sell them (if the free version is not bound did not check that) or use them to just farm rifts.

Imo they should change such stuff to instanced versions - introducing the mechanics there. Similar item - but other/smaller (one-time) rewards.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 9:00 PM, Vision.7265 said:

Similar problem. I did all of the rifts that I needed. But I cannot "Listen to Zizel's call." 
I really wanted to get through the story. I also cannot submit a ticket as the website keeps looping me to login again when I press submit ticket.

I have found that the trick to logging in is to login to https://account.arena.net first before logging in to the support site. Otherwise it keeps looping you.

• Like 1

Hmm, this happened to me a couple weeks ago and I figured I had accidentally messed up and gotten rid of it somehow.

I ended up having to buy the stupid thing (G3.37.56 ) to finish the story, and I doubleclicked it as soon as I got back to Skywatch Archipelago for fear it would vanish again.

Guess it wasn't actually my fault. I'd like that gold back for an uncommon motivation I shouldn't have had to buy, but I know full well it'll never happen.

PS

On 8/24/2023 at 4:58 PM, nextgen.3750 said:

When you double click it is stays in your inventory. If you open, it disappears.  
If you go downstate (the thing with the special action bar and red flashing screen) you LOOSE you motivation, no matter if the rift fails or not. You probably went into downstate. 
buy a tier 2 from the auction house. 

That probably means you can't enter an instance, or zone to another map either.

Edited by Teknomancer.4895
clarity, added ps

Yep, same story, stuck on this stupid quest. For some reason I lost the motivation, restarted the mission, several times, bought an additional motivation from the AH,  but still stuck on "Take the motivation from Kamilla". This is getting really annoying (Btw, this being the third quest I needed to restart to trigger the next steps, but in this case, it did not work). I am on the verge of getting pissed.

Edited by Lautz.1973

@Lautz.1973 I have the same issue. I opened a ticket, but the reponse was to just 'Keep an eye on the forums'.

Yes, the same forums that have had this issue as a known issue for weeks, without a solution.

I've started over with another character, but with crap like this, I'm starting to thing that eleven years might just be long enough of playing a single game.

Typical case of:

🌻🌻🌻🌈No-one at Anet cares!🌈🌻🌻🌻

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@YulliahMeghan.7896, thanks for the reply. At least now I know to completely lose hope of completing the SOTO expansion :)

I wonder if the same logic can apply when paying for any future content 🤔 (Give me the expansion, sure, I will pay, but I don't know when yet, so keep an eye on the forums and I'll ping you).

Very disappointed. By the amount of people encountering this issue, this should've been a hotfix and should've been done ASAP, because basically it's blocking paying customers. I am not a Karen in any way, but I have very limited time these days, and it really sucks that when I finally got some time to get into the game, I get stuck.

Anyways.

As always this game/developer is so lucky to have such an awesome community, because otherwise, I would've left long ago. 

i think you're being a little extreme saying its blocking progress entirely, disrupting paying customers and so on. its literally an item you can buy on the trading post for a few gold in just a few seconds and be on your way, for around the price of a stack of iron ore.

in order to progress you have to physically use it to open the rift, by the way (using the interact dialogue), not just track them down. if you're stuck on the story step where you receive the item it means you somehow didn't receive the item to begin with, otherwise it wouldn't be stuck there. this can happen if you talk to the npc too fast trying to rush through dialogue, bugging them out, and is fixed by restarting the chapter.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Confused 1

I'm in the same boat.  I'm told that if there's someone who has the motivation for that level and uses it on every rift, then you can finish the story.  People are just going from one to another, not following the rift detector which may or may not have bearings on the game.  I, too, bought some motivation from the auction house and could only afford 3.  Now I barely have a gold in my bags.  I opened a ticket about it because, after restarting chapter 7 and then chapter 8, the NPC with the star over her head (Kamilla?) is still standing there with a green star over her head and not willing to talk to anyone.  Anet needs to make it that if you didn't receive it or you lost your motivation, you can just get it back from her.  I agree that this is annoying and I wish they'll figure out a way to fix it.  Anyone who had this happen should open a ticket so they can't ignore it.  I want to finish my story.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yep. Really annoying. The update came. There is a "fix" for this, but does not work. Still can't progress the story. Still stuck on "Receive motivation from Kamilla". Bought another one from the AH, did the rift, still nothing. This is really aggravating. 

Edited by Lautz.1973
  • Like 1

@SoftFootpaws.9134 you said:

On 9/21/2023 at 10:41 AM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i think you're being a little extreme saying its blocking progress entirely, disrupting paying customers and so on. its literally an item you can buy on the trading post for a few gold in just a few seconds and be on your way, for around the price of a stack of iron ore.

in order to progress you have to physically use it to open the rift, by the way (using the interact dialogue), not just track them down. if you're stuck on the story step where you receive the item it means you somehow didn't receive the item to begin with, otherwise it wouldn't be stuck there. this can happen if you talk to the npc too fast trying to rush through dialogue, bugging them out, and is fixed by restarting the chapter.

It IS completely blocking progress. Because the problem I'm having cannot be solved by simply buying another one. It's not the 'using the movitation' I'm stuck on, but the step 'Take the motivation from Kamilla'. As long as that story step doesn't progress, I cannot finish the story at all. Even buying a motivation didn't solve the issue.

They have patch notes saying they solved the issue, but they haven't. Even after restarting the story step again, I still get stuck on 'Take the motivation from Kamilla', and no amount of buying motivations will solve that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1