The new daily system is NOT good. Potions of WvW Rewards and Potions of PvP Reward are no longer obtainable by players. WHY?

potions of wvw were my main method of getting the hideous gift of battle. demanding that we play this game mode is what makes it toxic. I have no desire to play it, so i would do big spender, master of monuments or veteran creature slayer when they came up to earn a couple potions here and there and eventually get enough to click my way to a gift of battle. I did this without interfering with the zerg or hardcore wvw players (unless i happened to get run over by one, which is just soooo fun) I don't like pvp in any game AT ALL and wvw is basically pvp. when you don't know what you are doing, and you don't have a desire to learn because it holds no interest for you, the environment gets toxic fast. the hardcores want the best in their game mode, and i don't even want to be there. so we both lose

Now you have removed my only means of avoiding the abusive environment of wvw for players like me. There needs to be a different method of getting a gift of battle besides wvw.  Anet you seem to think that things that have been in place for 10 years need changing, well how about you change THIS for those of us who have no desire to play wvw. it doesn't have to go away, but there has to be another method of obtaining it.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I mean having PvP and WvW dailies be like 5 times as lucrative as PvE ones never really made much sense and in the new system would pretty much have forced people to pick them every day, which sort of defeats the purpose. So I can see why they cut them, but they definitely need to at least roll that bonus progression into the natural reward track gain, because getting it from PvP rank up chests that take an excruciatingly long time to grind out doesn't really cut it as a substitute.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

46 minutes ago, nytro.1362 said:

Now you have removed my only means of avoiding the abusive environment of wvw for players like me. There needs to be a different method of getting a gift of battle besides wvw. 

You would loved the game back when you needed all wvw maps for map completion.

Why are modern gamers always asking for participation trophies is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 1

Sorry to ask but, where are old daily achivements? Like jumping puzzle, the vista viewer, daily gathering, daily xxxxx zone event? They appear override with new Wizard Vault objectives.

But in the Wizrd Vault i see only 3 bars, 1 pve, 1 pvp and 1 www, but if i want to do only pve? Forced to do www and pvp to complete the 3 daily steps?

I'm a bit confused.

Edited by Miporin.3529
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I agree, within minutes of logging in after the patch, I knew they made dailies a thing of the past.
For years I have been picking the ones I could complete before work and getting them done.

The new system just rolls some slots for you and you now have to do these things in order to get the daily.

I guess I will also just always farm in rata-sum from now on, as there is also no daily reward tied to a certain home region every now and then.

I guess their game-designers just failed to understand the full impact of the changes would have on the routines of their players.
It could have been the same in a new skin with some more bells and whistles and perhaps a more expanded selection.
Also the UI looks like the circus came into town and put up all the colours just to get you started.

To keep this constructive:
- instead of rolling the slots for the player, offer a list of options for the player to pick from (lock them in if you really thing limiting choices is fun)
- based on what is in the list, the player will choose their optimal path for either fun or just time to completion
- the colours indicate the content type, but this was not a problem in the daily section of the achievements
- achievements screen shows the same stuff as the wizards ui, because thats were everything else is as well...
- expand the rewards to include things guild-halls require in order to be built... pvp potions are a must, or have they been replaced?

Edit: the pvp reward potion has been removed from the guild halls and replaced with shards of glory, seems like x5 the amount in shards.

Edited by Freezy.4952
  • Like 15
  • Confused 1

Also very disappointed by the new system. With the old system you could always select some efficient mix of PvE and WvW daily activities that would have you complete the daily achievement within 10-20 minutes for that early morning GW² kick. This kept me motivated for years.

The new system is restricting the player, you need to go PvE and WvW and some of the activities are a much bigger time investment. Why not just carry over all previous PvE and WvW daily activities?

First morning in years that I am demotivated by the game.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, danielhahn.8654 said:

Also very disappointed by the new system. With the old system you could always select some efficient mix of PvE and WvW daily activities that would have you complete the daily achievement within 10-20 minutes for that early morning GW² kick. This kept me motivated for years.

The new system is restricting the player, you need to go PvE and WvW and some of the activities are a much bigger time investment. Why not just carry over all previous PvE and WvW daily activities?

First morning in years that I am demotivated by the game.

So, to complete the 3 dailies tasks now i'm forced to do pvp, www and pve?

Unless i misunderstand the new wizard system, even uncheck pvp and www task, nothing change, still need to do them to complete the 3 daily tasks.

Edited by Miporin.3529
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

The WvW and PvP potions has gone, but you get more reward track progress doing these activities. Yeah, you cant save potions for e.g. festival reward tracks, but whatever, its not that bad.

The vault system in the other hand feels odd. Its good, that you get token for dailies and you can spend them on meaningful things, but i liked the previous approach, where you had 12 daily and you could choose any 3 to complete. Now, you have to roll on first login.

Just now, Miporin.3529 said:

So, to complete the 3 dailies tasks now i'm forced to do pvp, www and pve?

I want back my daily pve, jumping puzzle, vista viewer, gathering... -_-

If you dont want WvW or PvP dailies, just remove the check when you roll it on first login, thats all :)

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

I'm fine with the Expac as such so far - but the changes on login-rewards and dailys are terrible. It's like "Ummm sure why not force players to play content they don't wanna play and on top we shorten the rewards" - how the heck did this pass the quality-check?

Is this serious, no choice anymore, if we want the chest for dailys we need to do every single daily that are given by the system? That's not the way I used to think this game was about.

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, Mythras.2091 said:

The WvW and PvP potions has gone, but you get more reward track progress doing these activities. Yeah, you cant save potions for e.g. festival reward tracks, but whatever, its not that bad.

The vault system in the other hand feels odd. Its good, that you get token for dailies and you can spend them on meaningful things, but i liked the previous approach, where you had 12 daily and you could choose any 3 to complete. Now, you have to roll on first login.

If you dont want WvW or PvP dailies, just remove the check when you roll it on first login, thats all 🙂

So for today i'm screwed? I unchecked them but i guess i need to wait tomorrow to have my 3 daily pve tasks back?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 минут назад, Мипорин.3529 сказал:

Значит, на сегодня я облажался? Я снял с них галочку, но думаю, мне нужно подождать завтра, чтобы вернуть мои 3 ежедневных пве-задания?

Yesterday I chose pve, my daily today:

1. Participate in 1 kryptis bounty event (It was necessary to finish the story to get the item to find out where the fault is)

2. Salvage 10 item

3. Break 1 Enemy Defiance bar (It was necessary to find an elite mob to knock down the bar)

I have spent quite a lot of time to accomplish this, previously, I just combined 3 positions, the game becomes a job!

This is a terrible update!

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Miporin.3529 said:

Sorry to ask but, where are old daily achivements? Like jumping puzzle, the vista viewer, daily gathering, daily xxxxx zone event? They appear override with new Wizard Vault objectives.

But in the Wizrd Vault i see only 3 bars, 1 pve, 1 pvp and 1 www, but if i want to do only pve? Forced to do www and pvp to complete the 3 daily steps?

I'm a bit confused.

No, did you not see the checkbox which objectives you want to focus on?

Next to tabs for "Daily", "Weekly", "Special", there is a cogwheel for settings. Make sure to check only "PvE" and you will only have objectives from PvE, not PvP or WvW.

This objectives popup also showed up first time you opened the Wizard's Vault, so everyone was forced to make a choice before they got their first objectives.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

No, did you not see the checkbox which objectives you want to focus on?

Next to tabs for "Daily", "Weekly", "Special", there is a cogwheel for settings. Make sure to check only "PvE" and you will only have objectives from PvE, not PvP or WvW.

This objectives popup also showed up first time you opened the Wizard's Vault, so everyone was forced to make a choice before they got their first objectives.

I did now but now i'm screwed? Daily is not an issue, but weekly, i need to wait a week to turn all of them into pve only?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Miporin.3529 said:

I did now but now i'm screwed? Daily is not an issue, but weekly, i need to wait a week to turn all of them into pve only?

Not sure how often they update, I'm guessing this will work somewhat similar to how it works for guilds when they set preferences for their guild missions, whether they want PvE, WvW, PvP or a mix... and changing that during a week doesn't change them until next weekly reset. So I'm guessing weeklies in Wizard's Vault would do the same; otherwise you might have completed one and then it will be removed because you change your preferences to another category.

13 minutes ago, Miporin.3529 said:

That is correct you cant change the weekly but the daily from tomorrow on will be pve only,

The weekly change monday morning 10:30 UTC+2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Miporin.3529 said:

So for today i'm screwed? I unchecked them but i guess i need to wait tomorrow to have my 3 daily pve tasks back?

Yep, you've missed a daily. Mind you you clicked confirm with all of them  checked. Not sure why you wouldn't uncheck PvP and WvW if you didn't want those dailies or at least check into it before you confirm. The weekly won't change till weekly reset.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Vayne.8563 said:

Yep, you've missed a daily. Mind you you clicked confirm with all of them  checked. Not sure why you wouldn't uncheck PvP and WvW if you didn't want those dailies or at least check into it before you confirm. The weekly won't change till weekly reset.

I think A LOT of people simply closed that box without reading what its impact would be, and then flood the forum afterwards complaining because they didn't read properly. 😉 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Didn't pay attention about this and close the GUI when the windows popped-up, but it wasn't very clear to begin with, no explanation, i just learn it here in the forum.

The worst part to me isn't so much the potions going away as it is the lack of choice. The previous dailies were great because if you were lucky you could knock them out fast. These dailies I'm going to have to be way more picky about doing them. I'm also going to exclusively mark PVE because I just got done with a long WvW session with almost no invaders while I was in squad. Also some days I just suck and if I was roaming, it could still have turned way tedious. PVE is probably the safe bet because at least the encounters are deterministic and don't change much. 

This is going to massively inflate the price of gift of battle and shards of glory.

EDIT: Does that mean we might have to start grinding PVP when the shard of glory supply goes down for legendary weapons? EW. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Miporin.3529 said:

Didn't pay attention about this and close the GUI when the windows popped-up, but it wasn't very clear to begin with, no explanation, i just learn it here in the forum.

New game update, updates notes available, all outlined there - as well as being splashed out on the screen first time you open the vault.

https://i.imgur.com/f2GW358.png

The fact that people don't read or pay attention is not Anet's fault. Btw - this is NOT a dig at you, just a general observation there was enough information about this both out of game and in-game.

Wizard's Vault

The Wizard's Vault is a new streamlined rewards system for level 80 players that combines the best elements of the daily login and daily achievement systems, allowing you to play Guild Wars 2 the way you want to—whether it's PvE, Player vs. Player, World vs. World, or a mix—and earn a wide variety of exciting rewards for doing so.

• New objectives will appear daily and weekly.
    • Players may choose which game modes they'd like their objectives to be generated from. Any mix of PvE, WvW, and PvP is available.
    • Additionally, there will be one-time special objectives that will appear to everyone.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Miporin.3529 said:

You clicked on a box that said "You can customize the types of daily you receive below", with 3 boxes, one for PvE, one for WvW and one for PvP. All three are checked. There's a confirm button below this.  If you think that's not clear, and there's no explanation, I don't know what to say, unless you don't know what a daily is in the first place.
But if you know what a daily is, that box and that  explanation is more than sufficient. 

It's okay to close the box without thinking or reading. It's not okay to say that something isn't clear when it would be hard to be clearer.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

But if you know what a daily is, that box and that  explanation is more than sufficient. 
It's okay to close the box without thinking or reading. It's not okay to say that something isn't clear when it would be hard to be clearer.

I think we're fighting an uphill battle trying to tell angry people they were not observant and paying attention... it's confused emotes galore for us 😄 Of course, you got a like from me because I'm starting to think it's hilarious people make mistakes because they're not paying attention and then rush to complain about stuff afterwards...

• Like 1
  • Confused 3