Original Rune System was better

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Plus, the negativity to the change is squashing whatever positive hype you're trying to create with this new era of xpac releases. Kinda like kicking yourselves in the shin intentionally.   

I feel like reverting back to the old Rune design would be nice. And if the team really wants to add some kind of new "relic" system, just create something independent of runes with different buffs and stuff. 

Oh, and please increase base movement speed for characters and mounts. Not really fun to feel like your character is running in mud and to be dependent on movement boost sources to counter the artificially slow speeds. Also, some skills are so darn slow... boring. Makes me feel like I'm playing some ancient game. 

Thanks! 

Edited by Swagger.1459
  • Like 8
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, albertalbertson.4217 said:

This system is way better, it's just that there's really not many unique feeling relics. They deleted most of the cool old ones and almost none give a 'wow cool I'd like to use that' feeling, which is such a wasted opportunity.

Yeah, the system has the possibility of being much better. Right now, it isn't.

Unfortunately we've lost a lot of great 6th Rune effects and gained very few interesting Relics. Sure they may add more in the future but they've taken away a lot of fun builds now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Assolador.3598 said:

they should bring all (6) bonuses as relics, and should be way better, thats what I thought they were doing

Don't know how 4 people were confused by your post but this is exactly what is needed. 

The Rune system was worse because runes are stuck with specific stats BUT the 6th rune effects were better and more unique/interesting than the current relic effects. So they should keep the relic system but add more effects that resemble or duplicate the old 6th rune effects. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The biggest issue people are having with the relic system, inlcuding myself is the implementation.

It feels especially bad right now because as others have said, we just traded over 100 different runes and their functions for 40 relics.

Many of which that have very specific procs which means some will work better than others.

The relic system has a lot of potential and it just requires that Arenanet expand the relics available, but we won't be getting that for another 3 months so, feels bad.

Until then, we will have to make do with what we have.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1