Relic of Mabon

zeyeti.8347

Just a question for this relic , did the +25% might efficiency affects your allies , and still after this patch , is it a bug , will anet fix it ?

Cause to me it seems pretty kitten busted on a healer , you don't care about your own might fading away but giving +250 power and condi damage to all your subgroup , even for 8 secs is kitten busted .

But i really like that kind of interaction , means that even if your might is way above the 25 treshold , spamming it will still get some good results and it kind of replace the unique buffs some specs were giving , like banners , old assassin's presence etc ...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I just recently came across information about the nature of this relic myself. I had the suspicion that Mabon's was deeper then it seemed on the surface level on my first impression...but I couldn't figure out what it was...I just knew it was interesting in it's design.

But ya as a result, I now understand why it works the way that it does which to me looks like a new form of support. You technically don't need to just run it on a healer, you just need to run it on at least one party member that has some might generation to the party.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Like 2

Ty , that means that buff still works and on allies you share might with .

Reason i would take it on a healer is to maximize efficiency , if you take it on any damage dealer even support dpses , the loss off all stacks of might every 8 secs will deeply decrease your own damage , that wich you don't care much on a healer.

5 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Ty , that means that buff still works and on allies you share might with .

Reason i would take it on a healer is to maximize efficiency , if you take it on any damage dealer even support dpses , the loss off all stacks of might every 8 secs will deeply decrease your own damage , that wich you don't care much on a healer.

It's not every 8 secs. It takes 10 secs minimum to build 10 stacks of Mabon's to get +25% might effect (there's 1 sec cooldown), the boost effect last 8 secs, and then you lose might. So, you lose your might stacks every 18 secs. Notice, it also means that if you can give out might every second, then for everyone else the buff is up for almost half of the time (8 secs out of 18).

Seems like a good effect, although we'd probably need to see it in practice.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Seems like it does affect allies so a Healer can definitely take it. 

“After reaching 10 stacks all might sourced from the player with the relic is increased. This includes might applied before reaching 10 stacks as well as might applied to allies.“ from wiki

It also only removes the might from the player so it's probably even stronger on Support Healers. 

Edited by Mell.4873

15 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's not every 8 secs. It takes 10 secs minimum to build 10 stacks of Mabon's to get +25% might effect (there's 1 sec cooldown), the boost effect last 8 secs, and then you lose might. So, you lose your might stacks every 18 secs. Notice, it also means that if you can give out might every second, then for everyone else the buff is up for almost half of the time (8 secs out of 18).

Seems like a good effect, although we'd probably need to see it in practice.

Yep ty , i can confirm it , you gain 1 stack on might application every 3 secs . The icd is for each stacks ,  ofc i was pretty dumb to think you can have this effect like ... permanently up .

tested on the golem with a mate , and his power and condi ranked up to +250 in 1 sec... there i saw the stack of "mabon" going up slowly realising i did missread the relic.

It's still strong but not op , and i really appreciate that those relics have such good interaction with specific gameplay , eager to see new ones and a bit of more precise epxlanantion on them , like true damage , condi damage and duration , range etc .

But so far i think those relics are a great addition to the game , not enough effect atm , but anet will add new ones , eager to see that.

Edited by zeyeti.8347