Awful Rift Tier economy.

For the first time in this game, we have pay(more) to "farm".

The t2 "motivations" is ~2g the t3 is 9g.

To have a idea, fractal t2 run, u pay ~3g for discounted encryption keys and get 12g~15g from fractal encryption boxes.

This xpac can be called Secrets of gold sink.

The motivations  economy will make a scenario where us have to farm old farming maps, to jump in rift hunt later.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think the idea is that a group of players will share the burden of the motivations. 

Ideally, with a 50 person squad on a rift train, everyone could pitch in one 9g motivation, and get to loot 50 t3 rifts.

And 9g is the TP price, right? GW2 efficiency tells me I could craft one with only 1 1/2 gold in materials. The difference in cost should come down as more players start making and selling.

Edited by Gibson.4036

9 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Rifts costs money to open..?

To hunt T2 and t3 u need a item, a 'gizmo' to track it, til that it's ok....

But when call rift boss phase("lure" phase) it will consume it. the 2nd dialogue that prompt after u defeat trash mobs. if u or anyone refuse it, the rift stay open.

i think is a oversight, the "gizmo" seems not designed as regular consumable. also theres nothing in the item texts that says it will be consumable, just "used".

Anet always use specific text on consumables "this item will be consumable after use"..

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I think the idea is that a group of players will share the burden of the motivations. 

Ideally, with a 50 person squad on a rift train, everyone could pitch in one 9g motivation, and get to loot 50 t3 rifts.

And 9g is the TP price, right? GW2 efficiency tells me I could craft one with only 1 1/2 gold in materials. The difference in cost should come down as more players start making and selling.

The recipe to craft item requires 5 Ectos, dust, bones and research notes.

The rift loot don't maintain these costs.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

This sometimes don't even work with near free costs SilverWastes shovels, the commander sometimes have to ask ppl to use shovels. imagine with a 9g item, or with a craft utilizing research notes.

Also putting progressions behind group content, after ppl asking a lot to content be solo friendly, its something that will not end well.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ugrakarma.9416 said:

This sometimes don't even work with near free SilverWastes shovels, the commander sometimes have to ask ppl to use shovels. imagine with a 9g item, or with a craft utilizing research notes.

Also putting progressions behind group content, after ppl asking a lot to content be solo friendly, its something that will not end well.

Fair. It is very annoying that they stuck to research notes after how clearly players disliked them in EoD.

• Like 1