Astral Acclaim Ascended Armor Chests - Core Stats only?

I was really looking forward to getting Ascended Armor from the Vault since I don't have many of them. But after I bought 2 of them I found out that (could not preview the options prior to purchase fyi, that's an issue) they only included Core stat options.... I do have all expacs so all those stats are available to me through other means, but these Core stats are largely not very useful (most of them) and are stat options that are very cheaply available in the Trading Post as exotics. 

I'm really hoping this is just a bug or oversight. I would definitely not have spent the 800 AA on them if I knew their limitations. So, a preview option should really be present prior to purchases; and honestly, the chests are pretty worthless except for a couple of exceptions.

Just now, Tachenon.5270 said:

Ran into this myself. But as someone pointed out in another thread, you can change the stats on ascended gear, so there's that.

Just now, Gibson.4036 said:

Can you MF stat change them?

Yeah MF stat changing is what I had to do, but that's got a bit of a price tag to it, and I could only barely afford that, and there may be others who can't quite yet. Still, if the chests have to be Core stats for whatever reason we need to be able to see that prior to purchasing the chests.

• Like 2