What participation % is needed for daily hero choice chests?

What participation % is needed for daily choice chests?  I've done the meta for the second map twice today and have not gotten the daily hero choice chest.  Both times I had under 100% despite participating in every event my group did.  The most recent time I was at 92% or something like that.  If 100% or more is required then I feel that I'll just have to resort to tagging every single event to build participation rather than stick to just the one.

It just feels like the participation percentage required is too punishing for those that don't tag and run or for those who attempt to queue for an instance and miss out on pre-events.  It's not like the percentage carries over across instances from what I have seen either.

Edited by enigmatic.3576
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

I’m not sure of the % needed, but I agree that the Amnytas meta is very difficult to get participation in. Events are spread out very far both vertically and horizontally, so unless you tag an event and run to the next one like you say, your chance of getting there in time is pretty low.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The first time I did that meta I simply showed up a little late with no idea what to do.  I died in banish, silly me, which requires a waypoint trip plus a bit of a trip to rejoin and still got102% completion.  Every time since then, and have been doing alot more stuff to contribute, the highest I ever got was 73% and I was in at the start of the Meta.

So no idea what's up with this.

• Haha 1

It seems the participation percentage ticks up the longer you're actively doing the pre-events rather than just a flat percentage upon completion.  The quicker and more efficient you are, the lower the percentage.  I believe gold completions do give 5% though as I saw a bump with each even completion.  

What's disappointing is that I was able to move around events to maintain the tick, which itself seems inconsistent when it happens, and was able to get 110%.  Sometime doing the even where we're supposed to mimic the poses, and attacking the eyes, it dropped to 99%. 

I did not get the daily hero choice chest.  So three attempts today with no drop.

Edited by enigmatic.3576
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Got it at like 28% after joining the only queuing for an instance doing it.  I don't know what was different.  I can confirm though that the objective with the poses and the final one where you use skyscale against the eyes do not count towards participation upkeep so your participation will drain during that time.  This means that if your instances takes too long for whatever reason, you run the risk of having no participation.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

I just got credit for attacking one eye which got me full rewards.  Take that however you want but that may need to be fixed if it presents a problem like it did with Dragonstorm.  My suggestion is to require at least 50% and stop participation degradation at the point that we have to do the poses as it currently starts draining at that point for everyone.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Okay, I just caught my participation draining. It was about 40 or 50% after the first event, then I had to afk for a while, and when I got back before summoning the second set of guardians, it was about 22%. I joined the group hitting the boss on the spire, all the while watching my participation drain 1-2% at a time. While I was actively participating by hitting the boss.

It only stopped draining once I started hitting the champion during the second set of guardian summoning events. The veteran and lower rank mobs apparently didn't count.

Not cool, Anet. Not cool.

• Confused 1