[Bug] Wizard's Vault contains known, reported, unfixed, and unaddressed bugged content.

On 8/27/2023 at 11:42 PM, Peregrine Falcon.5496 said:

I completed the weekly a couple of hours ago and did not receive the weekly chest. When I clicked on it it gave me an error and said to check my internet connection. I wasn't having connection issues.

What's worse is that when you report a bug in game there are categories for different types of bugs, but there is no category for the Wizard's Vault, which really needs its own category.

I faced issues with the weekly chest, too. After completing the 6th objective, the chest instantly showed up as opened. However, I got no reward whatsoever.

I am sure about that, since my AA stayed at 310 (and the chest is supposed to award 450 by itself).

Submitted a ticket some minutes ago. I hope they can give me the rewards.

• Confused 1

On 8/27/2023 at 6:42 PM, Peregrine Falcon.5496 said:

I completed the weekly a couple of hours ago and did not receive the weekly chest. When I clicked on it it gave me an error and said to check my internet connection. I wasn't having connection issues.

What's worse is that when you report a bug in game there are categories for different types of bugs, but there is no category for the Wizard's Vault, which really needs its own category.

Just following up and letting everyone know what happened.

I did a bug report in game before I posted in the forums. Anet never responded to me and I never did get the weekly chest.

So just an FYI. We, the paying customers, aren't important enough to Anet to even rate a response.

Edit: weekly chest, not daily - whoops, typo

Edited by Peregrine Falcon.5496
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Peregrine Falcon.5496 said:

I did a bug report in game before I posted in the forums. Anet never responded to me and I never did get the weekly chest.

So just an FYI. We, the paying customers, aren't important enough to Anet to even rate a response.

You are aware the in-game Bug Report window indicates submitting a report will garner no response, yes? 

• Report a Bug: Submit a bug directly to the GW2 Development Team. Please be aware that we cannot provide individual responses but your bug will be reviewed by a team member who may contact you if additional information is required.
Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You are aware the in-game Bug Report window indicates submitting a report will garner no response, yes?

I wasn't talking about a personal response. A chest in the mail to replace the one that their bug prevented me from getting. A post on the forums, to all of us, that they're working on the bugs.

I cant possibly be the only person in this game that's had this problem. It's not being fixed. It's not being addressed. Why are you defending them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, Peregrine Falcon.5496 said:

Similar situation here: submitted a support ticket (see my post above).

GM asked me to complete another objective (so, 7 out of the required 6).

I had 2 options: go through the long srkitt JP in SW with only a raptor mount (I am a returning player from long ago; still working on a skyscale); OR complete story steps (ignoring the chronology and all the preceding episodes/chapters/etc I didn't complete) to be able to access a zone and participate in events there.

I chose the former. Completed it. The issue persisted. Contacted the support again.

According to the GMs, ANet is unable to give me the missed rewards (?!?!). I wonder how the very developers of the game (supposedly) aren't able to do this kind of things.

So, basically, tough luck: their fault; my loss.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

On 8/28/2023 at 1:29 PM, Dondarrion.2748 said:

I mean... the weeklies already have a 6/4 list... it seems a ridiculous oversight that the dailies are 4/4 - and the fact that simply logging in is 1/4.

It's like they're wrestling a kitten system and trying to make something decent but have one arm tied behind their back trying to achieve what they want due to how the framework is crippling them.

The 8 option and we only need to complete 6 of Weekly which give 40 x 2=80  Astral Acclaim extra for when you can't do Daily (or complete Daily) for some reason. It isn't a defence for how Daily work, but it does at least make it possible to keep up with AA circulation (we need to use up AA before we hit the roof of 1300 AA) to buy things in WV Shop.

The main issue here is how time consuming it is to do some of those task. Daily have some that you automatically will complete while playing and some you really need to invest time to finish up.

Killing 3 Enemy Player can be fast when it is prime time (and when you have groups to join) or really impossible when both server run with groups that have more mobility or damage then your self can do in a short time frame and you try to manage solo camps or do stuff in WvW to get 3 Enemy kills without getting farmed yourself.

PvE is simply much easier as most PvE task will be done by more PvE players that are around then WvW player when it is closer to reset on weekdays (exception will be on Friday evening reset for WvW where there is usually more player in WvW).

Daily are simply to uneven the way they work now as being depending on other player that also do the same stuff when we talk about those more demanding task then to do dodge, break a Defiance bar etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi anyone else have this bug and maybe how i could fix it, it shows 1 number even i have opening the chest. Its little bug but annoying. It should be gone after looted the chest but for me it stucked it said something my net connection, i got the revard but the red number is still there.  "hits her head to the table" Relogging wont help or logging to alts.

On 8/27/2023 at 10:42 PM, Peregrine Falcon.5496 said:

I had this just happen to me today, a month later.

I had 5/6 weekly task completed, and had only 5 Astral Acclaim. I completed The Path to Ascension meta-event in a squad, and at completion was able to redeem the 40 Astral Acclaim from the task, putting me at 45 Astral Acclaim and 6/6 for the weekly. However, I could not claim the weekly chest for the gold, laurels, and bonus Astral Acclaim. I changed maps, relogged, and even restarted the entire client to make sure it wasn't just a loading issue. It has now been about 3 hours and the rewards are still missing. (this is the exact wording I put in my bug report and slightly more detailed than I put in my support ticket).

My report ticket got a response after 2.5-3 hours that basically said the GM can't verify my issue, so that's just wonderful.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm am still getting the bug where it says to capture ANY WvW objective, yet even when I capture camps solo it does not count. Defense also does not count.  I have been up on a wall and had EVERYONE in the keep complain about the zerg that we just repelled not counting for defense even after the timer runs out. I want to complete and get points  but can't ever complete.

29 minutes ago, Abiamara.4618 said:

I'm am still getting the bug where it says to capture ANY WvW objective, yet even when I capture camps solo it does not count. Defense also does not count.  I have been up on a wall and had EVERYONE in the keep complain about the zerg that we just repelled not counting for defense even after the timer runs out. I want to complete and get points  but can't ever complete.

Aint it only towers, keeps or stonemist that count as an objective?

I m having same problem.

If you have no tracking objectives selected from Wizard's Vault. It will just show all of its daily objectives.  All other objectives that are tracking from Achievement selection will no longer being displayed.  This is very frustrated.  I have done all daily and weekly Wizards Vault Objectives, but "Only show Wizard's Vault Objective" problem is still persist.

Anet! please fix it asap.

Edited by Toxon.3865
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2023 at 3:28 PM, Toxon.3865 said:

I m having same problem.

If you have no tracking objectives selected from Wizard's Vault. It will just show all of its daily objectives.  All other objectives that are tracking from Achievement selection will no longer being displayed.  This is very frustrated.  I have done all daily and weekly Wizards Vault Objectives, but "Only show Wizard's Vault Objective" problem is still persist.

Anet! please fix it asap.

Thanks Anet for quick fix.  With the latest update, the problem is resolved.  Once again I can track my Achievement like before.