Game editions differences

Hello,

I haven't played GW2 in ages. I had Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire. Seeing today on Twitch some streamers playing this new GW2 Secrets of the Obscure expansion, I bought it in Ultimate edition.

Then I realized I didn't have End of Dragons (Xpac3), so bought that too in Ultimate edition.

Then I realized there's a "ELDER DRAGON SAGA—COMPLETE COLLECTION" too.

1. Am I missing some goodies from having bought Xpac3 and 4 separately, instead of the Complete Collection?

2. Also, is there a limit to the shared inventory slots?

3. Also, Is "The Icebrood Saga" considered Living World Season 5? If yes, then why do I have to buy it with diamonds?

4. I miss Living World Season 5, what can I do to get it? Shouldn't it be part of some of the ultimate editions I just bought?

Edited by Tornado.4289

The complete collection isn't complete anymore with the SotO release. I has everything before, incl. living world (ice brood saga/season 5 and before). But  all as standard version.
Your ultimate editions come with goodies that standard versions don't have.

If you don't give anything for chronological order, then you can buy the IBS later with gems. It may be in discount around Christmas. It features important story parts.
Living world parts are separate from expansions. They are for free when released but later can only be bought.

Shared inventory slots are limited. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shared_Inventory_Slot

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tornado.4289 said:

1. Am I missing some goodies from having bought Xpac3 and 4 separately, instead of the Complete Collection?

You've got everything in the Elder Dragon Saga Collection - it's just HoT, PoF and EoD bundled together. The Complete Collection also includes Living World seasons 2 - 5 but does not include the Deluxe/Ultimate Edition bonus items. (Anyone who didn't buy the Deluxe or Ultimate Edition has the option to buy the extra items in the gem store and anyone who doesn't have the Living World has the option to buy that.)

51 minutes ago, Tornado.4289 said:

2. Also, is there a limit to the shared inventory slots?

Yes. There's a maximum of 25 slots available to buy in the gem store, and a maximum of 1 with each expansion, so the current total is 28.

53 minutes ago, Tornado.4289 said:

3. Also, Is "The Icebrood Saga" considered Living World Season 5? If yes, then why do I have to buy it with diamonds?

4. I miss Living World Season 5, what can I do to get it? Shouldn't it be part of some of the ultimate editions I just bought?

Yes the Icebrood Saga is Living World Season 5 and like all the Living World seasons it's not part of any expansion, it's stand-alone DLC that was released in between expansions.

The good news is from now on it will work the way you expect it to - future releases between SotO and the next expansion will be free for everyone who owns SotO, but that's not retroactive. If you don't already have any of the Living World seasons you need to buy them.

• Like 2

to put it simply, the ultimate editions are just the best editions for a single expansion. for many players, this is all they want, as they don't care about past content and will only cherry pick from older stuff to get certain rewards like mounts, but that's it.

they don't include other expansions and they don't include living world seasons, although these can be purchased with the gems.

the complete collection contains everything from the elder dragon saga, i.e the first decade of the game, including living world seasons. it doesn't include the latest expansion secrets of the obscure because this expansion isn't related to the elder dragon saga.

gold can be converted to gems, so you can farm for anything you're missing instead of buying with real money, if you want.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

1 hour ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

to put it simply, the ultimate editions are just the best editions for a single expansion. for many players, this is all they want, as they don't care about past content and will only cherry pick from older stuff to get certain rewards like mounts, but that's it.

they don't include other expansions and they don't include living world seasons, although these can be purchased with the gems.

the complete collection contains everything from the elder dragon saga, i.e the first decade of the game, including living world seasons. it doesn't include the latest expansion secrets of the obscure because this expansion isn't related to the elder dragon saga.

gold can be converted to gems, so you can farm for anything you're missing instead of buying with real money, if you want.

Ultimate come with discounted 4k gems and complete collection comes with the living stories instead worth prox 4160 gems if you have none.

If a new player (or someone who only has the base game) wants all the story/maps right away then the Complete Collection (+SotO) is the best choice, and they can always buy the deluxe edition upgrades later.

But if a player already has some/all of the previous expansions or Living World seasons it may be better to buy the parts you're missing individually. IMO whether it's worth getting the deluxe or ultimate editions is a seperate question; having decided you want that expansion do you also want the bonus items and/or gems? (And do you want them enough to pay what they cost?)

The important thing is no matter what choice/s you make you'll never be locked out of something, every player can get all of it, it's just a question of what combination of purchases they choose and therefore overall cost.

Edited by Danikat.8537