Is this a Typo? ("Skyscale Access Removed" message)

Since I can't upload a picture strait to the forums, I'll type out the message:

Skyscale Access Removed

You have lost access to your skyscale mount trial due to leaving a Secrets of the Obscure explorable zone.

You can unlock the skyscale for use elsewhere in Tyria by completing the Flight Training Mastery track in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure, or by unlocking the Skyscale Mount Mastery track in Living World Season 4.

I was under the impression that I needed to complete the A New Friend achievement to unlock skyscale in SotO. The above in-game message implies that completion of Rising Spirits Mastery (the top tier of Flight Training Mastery track) will unlock the skyscale.

Is this message in error? Or is this another way to unlock the skyscale?

PS: this post is intended for Anet @Rubi Bayer.8493, and possible research for bug hunters.

PPS: I meant to post this on my Steam Account's login, not my head start account.

EDIT: To be clear, this message appeared on my Steam account, not this one. 

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281
PS
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

To unlock skyscale you need fully complete A New Friend achievement, mastery training is just a one step of many. 

Second. There is another way to unlock mount, longer and “harder”, it’s part of LS 4 and the only way to have it untill SotO.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

First: when you repeat info that's already in the OP, add a winky face so we know you're just trying to be funny.

Second: look up the phrase "rhetorical question"

Third: the rhetorical question is about the in-game message being in error, not the skyscale acquisition, unless by some off-chance that Anet intends the 3rd acquisition method mentioned in the text. With a display of the confusion caused by the error.

😉 <---- see? Winky face, because you can't see my exaggerated performance of the above text because it's in print form only... you can't see my exaggerated sighs or facepalms or "my finger and a thumb in the shape of an L on my forehead" exaggerated gestures or my "I can't believe I missed the obvious" performance... 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

OP you do know yu can only post from 1 forum account no matter how many game accounts you own right?

Looks like you dont since you have 457 post on your steam account so yea stop going against the rues mate.

This is his main account

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

This is his main account

So this is a lie?

clearly admiting they post on more then one account, I do admit I read it wrong and your correct about it being main account tho

6 hours ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

PPS: I meant to post this on my Steam Account's login, not my head start account.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So this is a lie?

clearly admiting they post on more then one account, I do admit I read it wrong and your correct about it being main account tho

He said he meant to post on his steam account. But he didn't. If he does in the  future, then that would be a "crime" in the future. Unless you can prove otherwise.

You don't know if he's actually posted on 2 accounts yet

But OP is aware now. 

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

OP you do know yu can only post from 1 forum account no matter how many game accounts you own right?

Looks like you dont since you have 457 post on your steam account so yea stop going against the rues mate.

you really should copy paste the rule if you're going to make that claim. and provide a link. Something like this:

https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/ncsoft/code-of-conduct

22. Any public discussion of disciplinary action or moderation is not allowed, and circumventing suspensions or bans by using another Account or having another user use the Services on your behalf is also not allowed. This includes posting or sharing with third parties any chat logs or email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM), moderator, administrator, or any member of NCSOFT staff.

According to THAT, it's NOT illegal to post using multiple accounts as long as one of them isn't BANNED. None of my accounts are banned. And the only legitimate reason i can think of to ever post on my steam account is for bug reports, so that the support team can check the stats of the account that has experienced the bug. Otherwise, i want you to know it's me. Besides, the name of my other account makes it obvious it's me if i ever posted complete conversations with myself from both accounts.

if you can show me the rule that says that i am only allowed to ever post on the forums on 1 account no matter how many game accounts i own... then i still won't list the other account name in my posts from this account because i don't want you to try to steal my other account. 

PS this is not an admission of violating Linken's claimed rule.

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281
  • Sad 1

PS: Rubi has already read this and (i presume) passed it on to the team. (i saw her name pop up earlier as "here"). They are aware, that's good enough for me. In the past, questions i've asked like this end up being answered in future patch notes under bug fixes, without any response on the forums. I presume i'm not the only one who spoke of it, but on the forums, it makes others aware of it so they can confirm if they experience the same bug.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

you really should copy paste the rule if you're going to make that claim. and provide a link. Something like this:

https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/ncsoft/code-of-conduct

According to THAT, it's NOT illegal to post using multiple accounts as long as one of them isn't BANNED. None of my accounts are banned. And the only legitimate reason i can think of to ever post on my steam account is for bug reports, so that the support team can check the stats of the account that has experienced the bug. Otherwise, i want you to know it's me. Besides, the name of my other account makes it obvious it's me if i ever posted complete conversations with myself from both accounts.

if you can show me the rule that says that i am only allowed to ever post on the forums on 1 account no matter how many game accounts i own... then i still won't list the other account name in my posts from this account because i don't want you to try to steal my other account. 

PS this is not an admission of violating Linken's claimed rule.

Using more than one account to post on our forums may result in the termination of all your accounts. This policy is in place to prevent anyone from dodging suspensions or manipulating discussions.

• Confused 2

thank you @Inculpatus cedo.9234

back to the side-topic, and then i'll quit... it's still not a definite ban... and still based on dodging suspensions or manipulating discussion. i'm not 100% sure, but i doubt i'll get banned if i use my other account to only post bugs that i experience with that account. And the only reason for that is so the support team knows which account to check the logs for the bug on.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

thank you @Inculpatus cedo.9234

back to the side-topic, and then i'll quit... it's still not a definite ban... and still based on dodging suspensions or manipulating discussion. i'm not 100% sure, but i doubt i'll get banned if i use my other account to only post bugs that i experience with that account. And the only reason for that is so the support team knows which account to check the logs for the bug on.

Any reason you cant just do ingame bug reports on your steam account?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So where is actually the rule that you are only allowed to post with 1 account?  (Edit: I saw the l ink above now.) And does the steam account linking/integration work perfectly? If not it might be a problem if someone actually posted ont he Steam forums with a steam account (linked to a game account made through Steam) and wanted to post here on the official forums as well. (Then he would need to have a separate account here.)

As for the question from OP: I have a Skyscale from the old (sreason 4) way. So I can not try to reproduce the bug. But if I remember correctly it clearly states that you need to do the achievement only. (Where the first mastery step is required to unlock the achievement.) Similar it works with other mounts. (Only that you get access to the mastery line after unlocking that mount for permanent use. Not having to to the first mastery step to unlock some achievement first.) / Edit: My mistake. Since the last step in the mastery line is actually a requirement to complete the achievement ... according to the text you received it actually might be possible to unlock the Skyscale just with that - without doing the achievement? I wonder what might happen faster. Only new players can test this. I can imagin that for some a few other steps of the achievement might be annoying so they complete the mastery track earlier than the full achievement.

Edited by Luthan.5236

On 8/30/2023 at 2:33 PM, Linken.6345 said:

Any reason you cant just do ingame bug reports on your steam account?

Any reason you can't show respect to other forum posters? interesting how you automatically assume that a head start player (someone who pre-ordered the original game and played during the 3 day "head start" period before official launch of the game 11 years ago) doesn't make bug reports from inside the game using the /bug command... 

Any reason you can't read the OP where the OP (in the PS) specifies that the forum post is in part for bug-hunters (ie other players.) The following purpose implied but not stated: to be aware that the message in-game disagrees with what Anet has said elsewhere? or did i skipping too many details along the way for you to keep up? :classic_wink: [<---- see? winky face. indicating that i'm trying to be humorous, not insulting. after all, i believe most people just weren't taught proper ways to show respect in there communications, but i believe that people should show respect everywhere, before it earned, but too many people are intent on earning disrespect.]

see? i can talk down to others, too... and since the phrase is "treat others how you wish to be treated." i can only assume you want me to talk down to you since you keep talking down to me. [:classic_happy:<---- oh look! another winky face!  maybe you should learn to use them in your sarcastically worded posts, too! that way people know that you're not trying to be mean!]

• Confused 3

Update: there is also a buff listed with other buffs that says the same thing: finish the mastery track.

I got a little overzealous and completed the A New Friend achievement before completing the mastery track, so I don't know if simply completing the mastery track unlocks use of the skyscale in the non SotO maps...

Again: on my steam account, not this one. I prolly won't bother with the LWS4 skyscale unlock on that account now, unless I get heartsick for the mastery rank...

• Confused 1