Skyscale leap infinte use (out of combat) as a bonus for both masteries

I think this would be a nice addition as a bonus for having both skyscale masteries unlocked.

It should still have cooldown when in combat.

When out of combat it shouldn't use up endurance (if that's too strong, then maybe just use less endurance)

Anyway. Just my 2 cents.

I feel like the bonus mastery could use some love

Thanks for reading

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Do you mean the wall jump?

If they made that infinite, you'd be able to climb arbitrarily high anywhere with a vertical surface to ascend. I suspect they don't want that to happen.

Hi. No I mean the leap you do when using "mount in combat" 

The skill just says: Skyscale Leap into the air, then mount your skyscale

I should have been more specific

14 minutes ago, Beast Sos.1457 said:

If you're talking about the leap when mounting in combat, I 100% agree. Would be fun if we can do that while out of combat with no CD. Even if there was a CD, it still would be a cool addition. 

Yes that's what I mean 🙂

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Do you mean the wall jump?

If they made that infinite, you'd be able to climb arbitrarily high anywhere with a vertical surface to ascend. I suspect they don't want that to happen.

You already can with enough patience. I climbed the bitter frost trees. Took awhile though.

• Like 1

it sounds rather pointless, to be honest. The cooldown when in combat should be removed for those with both masteries. If I want to skip unnecessary or unwanted combat, I will do it anyway by running away and then mounting. This will only expedite the process in a game where you have to kill the same mobs repeatedly to unlock something that will inevitably require you to kill the same mobs over and over again, yet again...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

it sounds rather pointless, to be honest. The cooldown when in combat should be removed for those with both masteries. If I want to skip unnecessary or unwanted combat, I will do it anyway by running away and then mounting. This will only expedite the process in a game where you have to kill the same mobs repeatedly to unlock something that will inevitably require you to kill the same mobs over and over again, yet again...

I think the 3 minute cooldown is a good call

I think being able to use the leap (preferably with no endurance being used) would be very cool

It would add much more usability for me than the current additions

And I can't imagine it would be hard to implement, since it's sort of already in the game

There's other things I would probably prefer they added, but this seemed realistic and I think it would add a lot to the enjoyment of the game, while also making the old skyscale mastery more appealing to work towards for new players

I thought for sure this mechanic was added to the game to fix the bug (in Anet style) to get around the fact that Necro pets can stay in combat for like a minute after combat is over.  It is extremely annoying to see everyone but pet classes leave a rift to go to the next one but I'm stuck waiting or running on foot towards the next one.  

So, I agree with OP, it should have a shorter CD if this is going to help with stuck in combat type things.