Demon Problem?

Loboling.5293

Hi everyone,

I'm finally catching up on EOD story to finally jump into the Soto expansion. But even after beating the EOD story, I'm immediately lost. Maybe I slept through something or skipped the wrong dialogue....

I have two questions:

1) Aurene was supposed to absorb the void energy once we expelled it from SooWon. There was some concern what would happen to her if she did. Next thing, people are celebrating how we "Got rid of" the void... HOW? 

2) Gorrik writes you at the start of episode 16, and asks you to meet him, because he has some clues about our "Demon Problem". What? I don't remember any demons in EOD, the void did corrupt some people and dragons, but they weren't called demons to my knowledge. Maybe I just missed it. So when did the void must be suppressed turn into demon problem? 

Sorry to ask this, I feel like a giant nub, but I just have no clue what's going on all of a sudden, and I didn't think I missed much other than fluff dialogue at the engagement announcement. Was so bored, I had to alt tab. Was that the reveal of demons? 

1: We did "get rid of the void" as in the dragonvoid/immediate danger. In the story instance, you deal with the expelled void energy after the meta beats her down.

2: That sounds more llike chapter 18, when Chapter 16 is going into Gyala delve. Unless you skipped over the entire first half of Gyala delve I'm not sure how you Got the mail for chapter 18, what lies within.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

1: We did "get rid of the void" as in the dragonvoid/immediate danger. In the story instance, you deal with the expelled void energy after the meta beats her down.

2: That sounds more llike chapter 18, when Chapter 16 is going into Gyala delve. Unless you skipped over the entire first half of Gyala delve I'm not sure how you Got the mail for chapter 18, what lies within.

I probably activated it by accident and switched, in fact I'm almost sure I did. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll try to forget what I read... haha Demons? What demons? 🙄

So about the void, I saw we expelled it from Soo Won and that killed her, but where did it go? I thought Aurene would absorb it, but nothing I saw seems to indicate that. Using the extractors to remove it from the water dragon had it just sort of vanish and all balance restored? I feel I missed something something still... 🙃

6 hours ago, Loboling.5293 said:

I probably activated it by accident and switched, in fact I'm almost sure I did. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll try to forget what I read... haha Demons? What demons? 🙄

So about the void, I saw we expelled it from Soo Won and that killed her, but where did it go? I thought Aurene would absorb it, but nothing I saw seems to indicate that. Using the extractors to remove it from the water dragon had it just sort of vanish and all balance restored? I feel I missed something something still... 🙃

Void is entropy. Aurenes ability is to turn entropy into order basically. 

Think about the void as a messy room and Aurene is cleaning it up. 

The Void is never gone like a room will always go back to messy after a while if not routinely cleaned. 

And a messy room will become a health danger if it gets worse enough. 

13 hours ago, Loboling.5293 said:

That was a thought, it if accidentally activated the second part instead of the first. 

As for the void, we expelled it from Soo-won, but then it formed into it's own creature the dragonvoid. The finale is us destroying that, and Aurene filtering all the regular void up as Soo-Won died. 

Yeah, there was a lot of confusion between Void and Dragonvoid. The basic explanation that I have seen is that Void is just a force of nature, no personality, that is just pure chaos. Void doesn't want to destroy the world, it just exists and it's existence is bad for life. Dragonvoid is the void magic that was housed within the Elder Dragon and drove them mad. When they were killed it seems to have retained their essence and came to a culmination in the final story instance. There we fought the final influences of the Elder Dragons within the void killing the Dragonvoid and setting Void back to its natural state, which Aurene can now filter and maintain so that life can continue.

2 minutes ago, Narcemus.1348 said:

Yeah, there was a lot of confusion between Void and Dragonvoid. The basic explanation that I have seen is that Void is just a force of nature, no personality, that is just pure chaos. Void doesn't want to destroy the world, it just exists and it's existence is bad for life. Dragonvoid is the void magic that was housed within the Elder Dragon and drove them mad. When they were killed it seems to have retained their essence and came to a culmination in the final story instance. There we fought the final influences of the Elder Dragons within the void killing the Dragonvoid and setting Void back to its natural state, which Aurene can now filter and maintain so that life can continue.

The way it read to me was Void buildup in dragons drove them mad/more dangerous, and Soo-won had the largest buildup of all as she had absorbed so much while trying to keep it controlled by the jade reactor. Ankka blasting Soo-won in the face with all the stored Aurene energy caused that "Dangerous but under control" to flip over. We tried extracting the void from Soo-won to save her, but ended up sucking it out along with the draconic influences which created the dragonvoid. 

Before it was kinda just.. hostile to life but not actively doing much with the void minions being whatever chunk of dragon magic was involved with that part of the void. Dragonvoid spawned from extracting it all from Soo-won was actively hostile and trying to destroy the world. But when we destroyed it with Aurene's help, she was able to filter and remove it's influence. She mentioned when soo-won died and she became the sole elder dragon, she was able to freely detect most of the ley-lines and magic channels as she worked to rebalance them.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

The way it read to me was Void buildup in dragons drove them mad/more dangerous, and Soo-won had the largest buildup of all as she had absorbed so much while trying to keep it controlled by the jade reactor. Ankka blasting Soo-won in the face with all the stored Aurene energy caused that "Dangerous but under control" to flip over. We tried extracting the void from Soo-won to save her, but ended up sucking it out along with the draconic influences which created the dragonvoid. 

Before it was kinda just.. hostile to life but not actively doing much with the void minions being whatever chunk of dragon magic was involved with that part of the void. Dragonvoid spawned from extracting it all from Soo-won was actively hostile and trying to destroy the world. But when we destroyed it with Aurene's help, she was able to filter and remove it's influence. She mentioned when soo-won died and she became the sole elder dragon, she was able to freely detect most of the ley-lines and magic channels as she worked to rebalance them.

Agreed, you put it better than I was able to. I think the big thing is that Dragonvoid and Void are different. Dragonvoid was an entity made of Void that was eliminated leaving just the natural state of Void which can be dealt with my Aurene (as far as we know for the time being).