What Is This

Gotejjeken.1267

So, my stunbreak (D key / Lightning Reflexes that I start spamming at about 0:11) decided to just not work for reasons I cannot figure out:

I realize I had slow on me which is why the entangle animation just prior was so slow, but AFAIK slow doesn't just stop you from using a skill altogether, it should just make the action slower.

Is this some WvW bug or...? I'd blame ping but up until that point everything works fine, and Arc shows 70 which is about right.

How does this game keep getting more broken by the second?

• Sad 1

No bug, just normal game mechanics. You were mid heal cast (which took longer than usual because of the slow), so you couldn't cast another skill. Most skills get interrupted by LR, because as stun break/evade it has higher priority than those, but heals have high skill queue priority too and don't get canceled automatically. Keep in mind that unlike most stun break skills, LR isn't "instant", because it has an animation attached to it, so it can not be used simultaneously with other (non instant) skills. If used to break cc you won't notice that, because you are obviously not casting skills while cced, but when using it as evade or cleanse, that's something you have to pay attention to.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Except for I have WK traited so it should be removing conditions.

Will take a further look at this.  

How is this relevant here?

2 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Divine punishment for playing Ranger. Nothing to see here.
First time experiencing lag on inputs? Wowowo, welcome in GW2.

It's not lag, just someone not knowing how certain skills work.

1 hour ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

How is this relevant here?

It's not lag, just someone not knowing how certain skills work.

WK is instant cleanse, no slow to worry about. 

Turns out looks like it was skill lag, same thing happens on pets all the time just wasn't prepared for it on actual utility skills.  

19 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

WK is instant cleanse

It's not. As your own video beautifully shows.

It is astounding, how someone who is playing the game for so long can be so oblivious of how things actually work. But then again, asking a question just to ignore the answer, isn't a very good way of learning, so that might explain some things ...

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

It's not. As your own video beautifully shows.

It is astounding, how someone who is playing the game for so long can be so oblivious of how things actually work. But then again, asking a question just to ignore the answer, isn't a very good way of learning, so that might explain some things ...

Oh, no WK is most definitely instant cleanse--on further review looks like I had poison master slotted.  

They definitely changed something with priority canceling, as I mentioned before, pets suffer from this issue now too when before never was a thing.  I know for a fact in the past LR canceled other actions, even if it was a heal.

Thanks for the input, look forward to your roaming videos.  

2 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Oh, no WK is most definitely instant cleanse

Only in combination with instant skills. TU and LR are not instant - the cleanse and fury application happens after the cast has finished - otherwise you could cancel cast your heal to spam cleanses and fury (feel free to try, it doesn't work).

6 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

on further review looks like I had poison master slotted. 

I wasn't paying attention to boons, but there is no fury, so definitely no WK slotted. But still, even with WK - if you start healing with slow on you, it won't get cleansed until you have finished the entire cast.

32 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Condi ranger vs condi willbender

PEAK PEAK PEAK!!!

Not even the final form of it either...still figuring out Druid after all the changes they so love to do to it 😂.

1 hour ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

I wasn't paying attention to boons, but there is no fury, so definitely no WK slotted. But still, even with WK - if you start healing with slow on you, it won't get cleansed until you have finished the entire cast.

Still convinced they changed this at some point--if I'm bored I'll go back and look at old vids for confirmation, but may just be because I never really use my stunbreak to clear condi anyway (other than immob). 

I obviously did it there and noticed because the wb skill also immobilizes because everything else it has just isn't enough...

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267