Damage is too high, another reason to not play support

Flowki.7194

44 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I mean... good.

Protect your support from getting CC chained and they'll support you. I like how that sounds. 

What game are you playing again? 😂

57 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

From what I seen in your clips and from fighting druids, it still doesnt seem like its good enough to hold out on its own.

Basically, which is why in my estimation in the vids Axe/Wh was being run instead of a full melee option like Staff/GS, as hard to stay on the node and just support for a bunch of reasons. 

Having to bring turtle for the projectile hate is one, when other classes get that free across the board (i.e. Shelter, etc.).

55 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

It can deal pretty good when under high pressure also though. vindis main weakness protection uptime? even as no support you have high protection uptime and as support even higher for you and allies

Temepst protection is higher %, and more/easier upkeep that doesnt lock you into 1 sequence. Just about everything you do on DD or D/W tempest comes with protection as a side bonus. On vindi I am often forced between protection at the expense of something else.

Edited by Flowki.7194

48 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Temepst protection is higher %, and more/easier upkeep that doesnt lock you into 1 sequence. Just about everything you do on DD or D/W tempest comes with protection as a side bonus. On vindi I am often forced between protection at the expense of something else.

vindicator is harder in that aspect by being harder to pull off. But managing energy well it is pretty doable.

Eitherway perma protection isn't always needed to support, there are times it is more usefull to do other stuff (not in the mood sum it up). Because if allies can survive without, you can use your energy in another way to support. But so knowing when to apply enough uptime of this in your team is necessary, analysing these situations

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

vindicator is harder in that aspect by being harder to pull off. But managing energy well it is pretty doable.

Eitherway perma protection isn't always needed to support, there are times it is more usefull to do other stuff (not in the mood sum it up). Because if allies can survive without, you can use your energy in another way to support. But so knowing when to apply enough uptime of this in your team is necessary, analysing these situations

Yeah I think they have their different strenghts is all.

In what way?  There are a few different types of support.

For example, in this burst meta, I'd argue that the types of supports that can rally are more valuable.

However, perhaps supports that can heal matter less, especially since heal scaling and strike damage reduction scaling have been nerfed across the board.

On 9/6/2023 at 9:13 PM, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

It's not THAT good. Vs a non support team, you can def generate value. However, when you are 5v5 vs a core guard, the power difference is clear. It's playable, but suboptimal vs an optimal support. 

Yeah I have to agree, unfortunately. Druid feels like a diet support class compared to supp guard and tempest. I dare say staff ele may be better than supp druid and that's a pretty bold statement.

The only time I really liked Druid is when I had two of them on my team, running a toxic CC build. The condi coverages and CC is surprisingly not bad. But a single druid on a team doesn't feel good (imo).