signets pvp rework

Khalisto.5780

2 hours ago, dascott.6078 said:

How many elementalist traits are tied to auras?

that I remember the smoothering auras, the one in earth you get prot when you get aura the one on tempest you heal when you get aura.

none very relevant in any pve content, not even open world, there's better utilities to be used over 4 signets

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

that I remember the smoothering auras, the one in earth you get prot when you get aura the one on tempest you heal when you get aura.

none very relevant in any pve content, not even open world, there's better utilities to be used over 4 signets

Catalyst specifically has stacking damage dealt boost, damage recieved reduction, and stability on aura through their top line traits, it's one of those things that's fine in pve but apparently really obnoxious in pvp when they can frequently get auras. (Tempest can also grant regen and vigor with auras, but I don't think anyone had issues with that one?)

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 12:40 AM, dascott.6078 said:

How many elementalist traits are tied to auras?

On 9/7/2023 at 2:55 AM, Khalisto.5780 said:

Theres quite a few more. 

latent stamina, invigorating torrents, tempestous aria, zephyrs boon,  powerful aura, hardened aura, empowering auras, elemental epitome and lastly staunch auras.

Edited by Sahne.6950

On 9/7/2023 at 2:35 AM, Morvran.8265 said:

Just delete Staunch Auras from cata, that's why this trait got nerfed in the first place.

This would just delete catalyst in general. 

Stability is the #1 reason why catalyst works. Quickness is nice but it’s locked to one element plus an energy cost. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Bast.7253 said:

This would just delete catalyst in general. 

Stability is the #1 reason why catalyst works. Quickness is nice but it’s locked to one element plus an energy cost. 

Well, if we are being honest catalyst does need to be deleted and reworked anyway. It has enormous design issues that are apparent in every single game mode. Can't get worse than that design wise.

• Confused 1