GW2: The Weather Crisis!

Ghastly.3914

I started GW2 in june 2023 and love every bit of it; I've played mmorpgs such as Blade and soul, Final Fantasy XIV, Wakfu (strategy rpg) and ANY smart mmo company would do well to borrow from the competition.

GW2 has great time of day (day to night) system, I'm glad they managed that, unlike Blade and soul.

But what about the weather? There's rain sometimes but that's the limit of it. GW2 needs a better weather system; all you need to do is borrow what Final Fantasy XIV has and introduce it and go PAST IT in more meaningful ways than in XIV. Final Fantasy XI could give you some really good ideas on how to go about it, introduce weather related events, bosses, treasures, wet-clothing effect, introduce elements-based interactions like in Baldur's Gate. Like your attacks/skills do extra damage if you're a necro in central Tyria and the weather changed to "Poison clouds." I know elemental damage like in old school rpgs is a touchy subject but I'll leave it there.

The point is, GW2 is the most dynamic open world mmorpg and improving it on it should be a key priority for Anet in my opinion. I want to see tornadoes, I want to see more rain in general. And we know it's possible within the game's engine since we saw it in Icebrood Saga with the blizzards. Give us rain weather in Shiverpeaks sometimes; give us fog in central Tyria, heck the game in general needs fog weather in every location.

But again, they can go beyond real-life weather, they can introduce poison clouds weather, leaf-storm weather in Maguuma, cloud storms in SOTO locations, etc. And even create content around these weather patterns. But as a baseline we just need more weather in GW2 to create that open world dynamism that their competition has, like in Final Fantasy XIV or XI.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Ghastly.3914 said:

But what about the weather?

And what about the outfit? It should change automatically accordingly. Even when you move from grassland to cold, icy mountains, your outfit should look accordingly. There have already been suggestions that you create your own sets, which then change automatically depending on the zone.

Nothing is going to change there.

• Confused 2