Ranged dps class/build that is less monotonous?

Ralph.6890

I ve tried to get into GW2 a few times but the combat has always put me off, mainly with how spammy/monotonous it feels, at least from the few that I played, decided to try again and really need to decide on a class that I can enjoy to stick to and try clear everything on.

I previously played virt, but I kinda hated the constant weapon swapping, it feels like a constant race to keep using short cooldowns to build resources to spend, then change to the other weapon and repeat ad infinitum, there are no highs and lows, it is very constant pressure since you dont want to waste skill by letting them stay off cooldown for long.

I am looking for something more strategic, where the flow of gameplay goes up and down, not constantly the same. And it needs to be ranged and dps only since I am not a fun of melee on a conceptual level xd.

For those who have played FF14, I am looking for something similar to Ninja(in terms of gameplay flow, not class), where you have a high intensity dps phase with a ton of stuff to do and big numbers, and then a low intensify phase where you build resources/wait for cooldowns.

Disclaimer:  Yes I know people play melee heavy cuz of buffs, I still want ranged only attacks due to personal class fantasy.

Edited by Ralph.6890
  • Like 1

• Ralph.6890 changed the title to Ranged dps class/build that is less monotonous?

First of all what kind of content are you asking for? Probably instanced pve, raids? Kinda important because each game mode has different builds.

There are not many true ranged dps builds. Virt, maybe scourge (not sure dont play it myself) beyond those nothing comes to my mind. The game just doesnt function like that and youre not going to play at range unless fight mechanics require it anyway. This is for instanced pve. Outside of those it doesnt really matter.

On 9/18/2023 at 2:51 AM, Ralph.6890 said:

I am looking for something more strategic, where the flow of gameplay goes up and down, not constantly the same. And it needs to be ranged and dps only

Unfortunately, all DPS in GW2 is mostly skill rotation. There is no "strategic, fun" build out there, unless you are playing support where you can use skills situationally.

It's a shame Ranger bow skills are so boring. Also, all current Ranger meta DPS builds are melee.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Also, all current Ranger meta DPS builds are melee.

The front-ranger. ^^

I like the longbow, it has a burst, it has a cc, it has an aoe and it has a stealth skill
but it is boring to play and no one wants a ranger with bow (be short or long) anywhere where it is important

For bow I play renegade, but it lacks burst and it's also just pressing whats not in cooldown
But somehow I've fun with it, esp in open world pve when I can play like I want

Edited by Lucy.3728