Untamed pet actually op and needs to be stopped

Paradoxoglanis.1904

1 hour ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

No need to make a real response to people who dont read the OP

dw, I read it. 10 second for your pet to be reliable on targets and less AI depended under the player his controll only. It is really nice tbf, 10 seconds is allright since the pets aren't OP. Also 10 seconds is plenty enough to be counter it, if ranger pets would be even an issue.

Comparing it to the cc and stealth being more annoying is your opinion because it annoys you and want to complain

Stealth and cc is more annoying then a pet teleporting :).

I prefere having pets under your controll then mindless AI doing all the work passively while the player doesn't even need to pay attention.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I re-iterate the pet teleport is only bad if you have no health and are trying to flee. People need to stop playing one shot builds then it might not be so OP on you. No Warriors or Necromancers care about the pet teleport. 

It applies 8s poison, vuln, and sets up the pet to cc you and get chained by it and the ranger. Thats the problem, not the damage the teleport itself does.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Ah yes, counter the teleport so it doesnt happen every 10s ill do that.

So you're just mad that a pet can teleport to you when you can easily kill it with a few skills?? You do realize that almost half of all professions can teleport to you right?? Get real.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

It applies 8s poison, vuln, and sets up the pet to cc you and get chained by it and the ranger. Thats the problem, not the damage the teleport itself does.

Only vuln if you are already CC'd, all the pet unleashed skills work this way (primary effect then secondary if you are CC'd).  

Basically, if you are getting vuln on you then you are already compromised to begin with--not sure how nefing the skill recharge does anything when 80% the time you are only getting a whole single stack of poison on you.  

Guess you could also get blind on you if that's traited, but that's about it since the skill does a whole 27 dmg with 0.1 modifier in sPvP so the dmg increase is negligible lol.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Yeah, it's 6s of poison. And like the above post states, additional condis get applied if you're already cc'd. Try dodging?? Again, learn how the class works before hating on it. You'll go far in life if you apply that method to most things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, budd.5726 said:

Thank you lol. It's a pet with 3 skills. It can't dodge or jump. Just kill the thing lol.

Outside of teamfights I wonder how many people are going to try this against a ranger and realize that spending time all in-ing a pet instead of focusing the ranger is a waste of time. Then the real fun is when they get near to killing it, they just pet swap and reset the progress lol.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Lucentfir.7430 said:

Outside of teamfights I wonder how many people are going to try this against a ranger and realize that spending time all in-ing a pet instead of focusing the ranger is a waste of time. Then the real fun is when they get near to killing it, they just pet swap and reset the progress lol.  

I can't tell you how many times I've seen pets get destroyed by just AoE during team fights. It's not like you have to accept a quest and do specific mechanics to kill a pet. If the ranger has to recall their pet because it's dying, you're now forcing them to do something that is not part of their burst rotation ie: cc stacks fall off and additional condis no longer get applied. People just want to be able to go full damage, never cleanse and still win.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, shakey.4381 said:

I can't tell you how many times I've seen pets get destroyed by just AoE during team fights. It's not like you have to accept a quest and do specific mechanics to kill a pet. If the ranger has to recall their pet because it's dying, you're now forcing them to do something that is not part of their burst rotation ie: cc stacks fall off and additional condis no longer get applied. People just want to be able to go full damage, never cleanse and still win.

This is why I said outside of teamfights, pets are going to eat the aoe vomit in bigger fights. On the sides or dueling in general it's a dumb thing to do unless they're conveniently within cleave range, you're wasting cooldowns and resources if you're trying to kill the pet rather than the ranger. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

This is why I said outside of teamfights, pets are going to eat the aoe vomit in bigger fights. On the sides or dueling in general it's a dumb thing to do unless they're conveniently within cleave range, you're wasting cooldowns and resources if you're trying to kill the pet rather than the ranger. 

You're under the impression that a pet is capable of positioning. The pet is going to be on the target. The ranger is going to be on the target. Use literally 1 cleave. It's like no one can be bothered to switch targets.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, shakey.4381 said:

You're under the impression that a pet is capable of positioning. The pet is going to be on the target. The ranger is going to be on the target. Use literally 1 cleave. It's like no one can be bothered to switch targets.

💀God forbid the ranger is an actual player and not a NPC, a player with movement and counter pressure. Legit trying to say spam 1 to kill pet with cleave on a ranger like it has 11k hp, and doesn't gain any benefits from boons or healing Troll Unguent or HaO and it'll always be right in front of you. Please get a ranger friend to stand still for you and see how long it takes for you to 1 cleave it down. idk why you're making this argument like it's the holy grail of correct play to focus down a pet when it isn't. The only time you swap focus to the pet is for CC, be it on a downstate ranger to stop lick wounds, enough for you to get a stomp or actually cleave them both out for over 4s in a 1v1/sidenode situation(Same principle you use in teamfights when there's multiple people trying to rez a down and everyone drops AoEs on them.) 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, shakey.4381 said:

You can set your pet to target a different target than yourself--it's just 99% of rangers don't do this for whatever reason.  

Still, the pet will die to any AoE--I can't tell you how difficult it is to use Iboga in PvP, and in WvW it isn't happening unless dueling.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

💀God forbid the ranger is an actual player and not a NPC, a player with movement and counter pressure. Legit trying to say spam 1 to kill pet with cleave on a ranger like it has 11k hp, and doesn't gain any benefits from boons or healing Troll Unguent or HaO and it'll always be right in front of you. Please get a ranger friend to stand still for you and see how long it takes for you to 1 cleave it down. idk why you're making this argument like it's the holy grail of correct play to focus down a pet when it isn't. The only time you swap focus to the pet is for CC, be it on a downstate ranger to stop lick wounds, enough for you to get a stomp or actually cleave them both out for over 4s in a 1v1/sidenode situation(Same principle you use in teamfights when there's multiple people trying to rez a down and everyone drops AoEs on them.) 

I've literally had zerker warriors 2 shot my pet on my ranger while targeting me. Mechanist golems can shred through pets as well. Not to mention lick wounds only works about 2/3rds of the time. Pet doesn't always teleport to you and then it's gg. Keep complaining about pets instead of killing them which completely ruins the rangers kit, I guess. Same people that won't 1 hit mesmer clones because they just don't wanna.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You can set your pet to target a different target than yourself--it's just 99% of rangers don't do this for whatever reason.  

Still, the pet will die to any AoE--I can't tell you how difficult it is to use Iboga in PvP, and in WvW it isn't happening unless dueling.  

Yeah I can't imagine why. Nobody wants to switch targets for some reason and constantly need call outs to know who to focus otherwise they're just floundering around. Plus Iboga is pretty useless aside from the low hp pool. 

Pets pretty much have no condi cleanse as well. A lot of ranger's condi cleanse only cleanse the ranger itself and not the pet. They die so fast.

60s pet death penalty is huge. That means shutting down all of the beast ability traits, pet-swap traits, ranger-to-pet/pet-to-ranger boon benefiting skill/traits. If you look at ranger traits, a huge chunk of our traits are revolved around F2 and pet swap. This is why you see soulbeast as the most popular ranger e-spec in most game modes - they don't have to deal with pet death penalty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shakey.4381 said:

Yeah I can't imagine why. Nobody wants to switch targets for some reason and constantly need call outs to know who to focus otherwise they're just floundering around. Plus Iboga is pretty useless aside from the low hp pool. 

I wouldn't call Iboga useless...but I leave it up to you to theorycraft why.  

There's a reason they keep its HP low--still think it should be around 20k now anyway with the powercreep and pet responsiveness issues but I digress.

14 minutes ago, shakey.4381 said:

I've literally had zerker warriors 2 shot my pet on my ranger while targeting me. Mechanist golems can shred through pets as well. Not to mention lick wounds only works about 2/3rds of the time. Pet doesn't always teleport to you and then it's gg. Keep complaining about pets instead of killing them which completely ruins the rangers kit, I guess. Same people that won't 1 hit mesmer clones because they just don't wanna.

For one I'm not complaining about pets, I'm poking holes about why focusing on a pet is a waste of resources in the space of 1v1 and sides, especially when they can pet swap meaning you'll have to burn through 2 pets to if you want to really lock them out of their mechanic, and by that point you're already worn down or losing the fight to any ranger worth their salt, unless you have absurd amounts of sustain like Bladesworn.  Rangers don't actually get penalized on the pet swap CD unless the pet actually dies, meaning last second pet swaps doesn't incur the penalty and you're over here claiming 1-ing them with cleave is how you can kill the pet Ez since they're so brittle( iboga and bird are actually brittle though but not brittle like mesmer clones), which they're not that brittle, until you throw them in big group fights with lots of conditions/cleave/ccs. 

Just now, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

There's a reason they keep its HP low--still think it should be around 20k now anyway with the powercreep and pet responsiveness issues but I digress.

My ranger main friend I duel with in Armistice Bastion, uses Iboga and smokescale for his axe untamed build, it's pretty aids to fight against from the sneaky long ranged pull while he's kiting me, and many a time I'd gone for those bursts on it like someone here is trying to suggest and get last second swapped, since he knows how to manage his pet. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I've theory crafted with it and the 3s confusion/torment is pretty neglible for condi builds if not to try and bait out a cleanse. Sure it's skills are on a fairly low cd. But then it dies in one hit and there goes half your kit lol.