HoT maps and LW3 Ley lines Drain Endurance instead of Filling

Artasid.7612

I have unlocked the mastery trait "Raising Spirits" from the SotO Flight Training line which states "Your flying mounts now gain flight endurance from updrafts and ley lines." However, whenever I use the ley lines in Ember Bay, specifically the two that run between Promontory Waypoint and Ivy's Circus Spectacular, the endurance of my mounts, both Skyscale and Griffon, get drained and I end up descending from the ley line about half way through with a red endurance bar.

I'm pretty sure this is not how the mastery is supposed to react, so I do hope this is just a bad glitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Artasid.7612 changed the title to HoT maps and LW3 Ley lines Drain Endurance instead of Filling
On 9/25/2023 at 7:38 AM, Radiancee.6537 said:

They don't actually "drain" your endurance. It's just that the endurance isn't being corrected while you're gaining height. But yes, should be fixed asap. Didn't they even test this before release?

No, it is an actual Drain. Even when you are decending while in a ley line, the endurance bar does not refill like it should and numerous times the bar goes completely red, stopping your ability to stay aloft and defeating the whole purpose of the leyline.

As far as I know, the leylines were tested and this effect was not current during the release week of SotO. This bug did not start until around the 20th or so.

There is leaf icon that should appear where your buffs do normally to indicate the the Rising Spirits mastery is active. In HoT and LW3 this icon does not appear, which means the benefit of this mastery is not active in these laylines in these areas.

Also, it is a drain. In Ember Bay there are leylines that are "flat lines" for a portion of the distance. If you descend upon one on your skyscale, with a full flight endurance bar, it will be drained the instant you begin to ride the line, and because Rising Spirits is not active it will also not refill. Just coming into contact with an HoT and LW3 leyline will drain the flight endurance bar dry. This is NOT how the leylines in SOTO behave at all, and while it's good news that SOTO leylines still work as intended, it's a pain for those of us that were looking forward to doing HoT and LW3 content on flying mounts that can use the leylines.

Example: Prior to the breaking of the lines I could come off of one of these lines on my skyscale and start shooting mordrem from the air before I land.

I helped to test this with Artasid because we wanted to be sure it was an actual bug and not just his system, before he posted here.

UPDATE: After the patch update on 9/28/2023, it appears that the Ley lines in LW3 or HoT maps do Not drain the endurance bar while riding on a Griffon. Rising Spirits seem to function just fine while on that mount, However, the Skyscales endurace bar still gets drained while in a ley line outside of the SotO maps.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It is now 1 month and 1 day since this thread had been posted and I have yet to see anything to indicate that the LW3 laylines issue have even been looked at let alone addressed.

To Recap. If you have the Rising Spirits mastery unlocked, your endurance bar on both your Griffon and Skyscale should refill as you ride over a layline. However, in all LW3 maps, only the Griffons endurance bar refills while the Skyscales bar Drains instead.

This is making it difficult to use a Skyscale in LW3 maps for further exploration and zone reaching.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for pointing this out, I'm finally finishing up gaps in story completion on one of my characters and I was wondering why the skyscale kept falling out of the sky as soon as I was off the road. It was so bad it was almost like I was on the SotO freebie starter rent-a-scale all over again. Even the tiny Aurene lift you're supposed to get from Bond of Vigor didn't seem to do much, but that just might be me not timing it right.

I used to have to avoid that stuff on my griffon, now I avoid it on the skyscale. They seem to have trouble getting that mount mastery to work as intended, assuming they knew what the "intended" use case was supposed to be in the first place.

• Thanks 1

@Rubi Bayer.8493
This is still a thing though it has changed now from only being applicable to Skyscale with the problem being the flight meter for this. In this case it does not even matter if you have "Raising Spirits" or not the problem is that in LS3 and HoT maps if you have "Ley-Line Acclimation" unlocked the flight meter drains in these maps when trying to ride a Ley-Line on the Skyscale. This does not happen in the Secrets of the Obscure maps so as far as I know and should not happen in these maps either. Aka what should happen is if use Ley-Line on mount do not drain flight meter (I actually don't know why there is a difference in the Obscure maps & LS3 / HOT maps unless a difference instance of the entity Ley-Line is used in both these maps 🤔). 

Okay did a bit of further testing:
Ember Bay (LS3) > problem exists
Tangled Depth's (HOT) > problem exists
Dragonfall (LS4) > problem exists
Drizzlewood Coast (Icebrood Saga) > problem exists
Skywatch Archipaelo + Amnytas + Inner Nayos (SotO) > While on Leyline on Skyscale the flight meter stays full (blue) and if decreased a little bit even refills to max
I guess the conclusion is that Leylines in any non SotO map decrease the flight meter on Skyscale.

Edited by Ashnod.4365
extra testing > adding info

• 3 months later...
On 3/23/2024 at 1:07 AM, Panthrax.7132 said:

How is this bug not fixed yet...

It's actually half fixed but I don't think the things I mentioned might not have been reported as bug on the support panel so I did report that. I do think that this is however not seen as critical bug and would much rather see the axe bugs (hitting stationary objects and some mobs like hydra heads / events mobs with axe/dagger 3 without miss) on thieves fixed rather than this.

Still more or less the standard reply with as extra a report from a support with thanks for reporting this and request to report it ingame to send more info if something similar is found again.

Edited by Ashnod.4365