If a thief doesn't attack in stealth they should be revealed for at LEAST 2 seconds. 6 seconds if they do attack.

Eddie.9143

The ability to not reveal on deadeye, immob, and then double 4 into more stealth all day is broken.

Good players know to not attack in stealth until the time is right (killing blow time)

So they sit stealth, and spotters shot when they're out, they immob their target from behind, and then stealth again immediately.

It's not good game design, it's awful to play against, and if you get them low they can perma-stealth wait their heal cds.

If ANY thief spec doesn't attack while in stealth, and leaves stealth, they should be a revealed for a minimum of 2 seconds before being able to re-enter stealth.

there needs to be counter play to good players who don't reveal. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

I also disagree with this - yall need to really really chill on the "nerf this cause I dont know what to do posts." Lots of people in this forum act brand new to this and you guys arent. 

That said - if they attack and miss their shot they should 100 percent have reveal put on them forcing them to kite/scurry away before being able to do anything. Additionally, if they attack and connect reveal should be applied for counter play. But if they are not doing anything? Nah - its good. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

💀

People like "reveal the thief when they attack but also when they don't attack, but also make shadow mald not reset revealed but also make SA not increase stealth duration"

I can't help but feel the goalposts move constantly on this topic. People have to quit trying to remedy minor annoyance with balance direction applied to the thing annoying them.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Sad thieves who are desperate to hold on to their handicap in the reactions and comments.

"Its kinda cringe that you're reacting negatively to me handing you the 75th lead weight because you somehow managed to adapt to 74. You must be desperate" 

Stacking debuffs on a class until they can't play isn't the way. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

There are 15 upcoming MMO's releasing this year through early next year on Unreal Engine 5 and none of them incorporates Guild Wars 2 Toxic-Unhealthy Non-Counterplay Stealth Mechanic System. Lastly, Guild Wars 2 continue remain the only MMO in the gaming market that incorporate a Toxic-Unhealthy Non-Counterplay Stealth Mechanic System.

A new player who recently gave up the game after being fed-up with constantly being one shot by Thief Profession in Toxic Stealth Mechanic, told me, "as long everyone knows where to not go play at, that is good"

Than concluded that, she will tell her friends at WoW to stay far away from the game. 

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, Sidetrack.2563 said:

if they are mad about non counter play stealth, wow is the last place to go LOL

WoW stealth is WAY more balanced than gw2. there's a reason that game has an esports scene, because they balance the game incredibly well to the point games take 10+ mins sometimes, each time has to get multiple CD's, track enemy cd's, and set up burst by CC'ing correctly in a chain.

this game comes nowhere NEAR the level of esports WoW

50+ binds in WoW for some classes. focus target binds also. 

Edited by Eddie.9143
word
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

Just now, Eddie.9143 said:

WoW stealth is WAY more balanced than gw2. there's a reason that game has a esports scene, because they balance the game incredibly well to the point games take 10+ mins sometimes, and each time has to get multiple CD's and track enemy cd's and set up burst by CC'ing correctly in a chain.

WoW esports is an actual joke- as a user who has played 90% of the popular mmo's I will disagree heavily with this. wow pvp is actually garbage in comparison to gw2

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

LOL the confused react.

bro deadeye stealths every other second, can perma stealth, bound daredevil can perma stealth, multiple utility skills that stealth, stun breaks that also stealth.

in WoW u have to be out of combat to re, or u need to use your 2 minute CD vanish. 

if you come close to someone in stealth, u can see them!

they are VERY SLOW in stealth!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

LOL the confused react.

bro deadeye stealths every other second, can perma stealth, bound daredevil can perma stealth, multiple utility skills that stealth, stun breaks that also stealth.

in WoW u have to be out of combat to re, or u need to use your 2 minute CD vanish. 

if you come close to someone in stealth, u can see them!

they are VERY SLOW in stealth!

the best part is i wanst the one to react to it lol

• Like 1

Just now, Sidetrack.2563 said:

WoW esports is an actual joke- as a user who has played 90% of the popular mmo's I will disagree heavily with this. wow pvp is actually garbage in comparison to gw2

Facts

2 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

WoW stealth is WAY more balanced than gw2.

bahahahaahahahahaahaha LMAO?  Bro you can SIT IN STEALTH literally and walk across the map in AB to decap. Imagine being able to crawl around stealth all game to decap in gw2. Then you can attack and vanish and wait off the CDs. You can 100 percent choose all of ur engagement on WoW as rouge. Aslo - as some one who arenas there I can tell you smoke bomb right now is currently bugged, broken, and being horribly abused in matches. Bro your a whole trip. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I find gw2 pvp more fun, but at an esports level WoW is way better, the game is balanced.

this game would NEVER be an esport. they can't balance for their lives here lol. total failure by the pvp devs since launch. they at least owned and  admitted their failure, tho

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, jdawgie.1835 said:

Facts

bahahahaahahahahaahaha LMAO?  Bro you can SIT IN STEALTH literally and walk across the map in AB to decap. Imagine being able to crawl around stealth all game to decap in gw2. Then you can attack and vanish and wait off the CDs. You can 100 percent choose all of ur engagement on WoW as rouge. Aslo - as some one who arenas there I can tell you smoke bomb right now is currently bugged, broken, and being horribly abused in matches. Bro your a whole trip. 

lmao yeah bro go crawl around in stealth at snails pace from side point to side point u kitten (d.e.r.p.) is actually banned here. forum for 8 year olds.

Edited by Eddie.9143
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

WoW stealth is WAY more balanced than gw2. there's a reason that game has a esports scene, because they balance the game incredibly well to the point games take 10+ mins sometimes, and each time has to get multiple CD's and track enemy cd's and set up burst by CC'ing correctly in a chain.

Iunno about that tbh

1 minute ago, Eddie.9143 said:

I find gw2 pvp more fun, but at an esports level WoW is way better, the game is balanced.

LOL! 

lmao yeah bro go crawl around in stealth at snails pace from side point to side point u kitten

You dont crawl you move rather fast - plus rouge has sprint which can be applied while in stealth. So GG?

Edited by jdawgie.1835

if pikaboo played gw2 and learned thief, he'd never lose.

have to remember our player base is WAY smaller, so we have a way smaller talent pool here. the top thieves in gw2 are nowhere near the level of players for WoW esports, who have millions of pvpers to choose from

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Eddie.9143 said:

this game would NEVER be an esport. they can't balance for their lives here lol. total failure by the pvp devs since launch. they at least owned and  admitted their failure, tho

the game is not balanced in WoW, nor any game really. I will say they are closer to balanced, for a game that has almost 0 creative customizability, where you can only have set stats and a small selection of abilities that are not weapon specific,

• Confused 1

Just now, Sidetrack.2563 said:

the game is not balanced in WoW, nor any game really. I will say they are closer to balanced, for a game that has almost 0 creative customizability, where you can only have set stats and a small selection of abilities that are not weapon specific,

...that's how u balance. there's a reason gw2 equipment is diff for spvp. it's their attempt at having balance, anet devs just aren't....smart lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

i really enjoy it when gw2 players talk about wow or other mmos when they're completely and utterly clueless about what they're like, or it's based on what the game was 20 years ago

you haven't been slow in stealth for like 10 years, literally the opposite, every build takes the speed boost now
straight up faster in stealth than normal speed lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1