Graphical glitch since last patch!

Trimlys.7091

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the same problem for a while now. Once in a while the entire screen turns black and only UI elements are visible. This mostly happens on the skywatch archipelago meta, but also at tarir meta for example. Got a 2080 TI and a Ryzen 3700x

• Like 1

Yeah I've had this glitch where in WvW you look at the map and it's messed up. It seems restricted to SM though. As soon as I take some distance from there I can see the map normally again. It just feels like suddenly my PC can't handle 3-way fights in SM anymore and last week it could. 

Yes. CONGRATULATIONS! ARENANET! I completely HATE to see the annoying bugs COMING BACK. I am FURIOUS about that. I blame on you totally! 😠

Did Jungle Wurm Meta Event today. Now seeing black textures, missing UI objects and some again. Few days ago the same behaviour for Skywatch Archipelago Meta where I saw the black squared textures on floors. Full map with full of players went full send on bosses.

Plus you put TOO MUCH PHYSICS CALCULATIONS  for my CPU in an EXTREME WAY even it's an AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D.
I bet it's for the new cosmetics too with mount (skins), weapon skill visuals, capes, pets, weapons skins and many more. I had like 0.1 FPS there and it was totally unplayable during the very heavy fight. Not when all players are idle and standing around.

What did you have changed more in the game recently?!
@Rubi Bayer.8493 and the entire ArenaNet team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Demeth.5816 said:

I have similar issues, textures leaking, black boxes appearing on the UI, walls flickering... I'm about to send back my graphics card, is it the game?! 

Does it happen all the time? Usually the issue with the game happens somewhat randomly or under high server loads.

On 2/17/2024 at 4:49 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

Does it happen all the time? Usually the issue with the game happens somewhat randomly or under high server loads.

Completely randomly... Didn't manage to reproduce it consistently... I don't have any issue in other more taxing games

2 hours ago, Demeth.5816 said:

Completely randomly... Didn't manage to reproduce it consistently... I don't have any issue in other more taxing games

Yea, it's hard to reproduce, but it's most likely the game then and not your card.  If it were your card, it'd be happening most times and in other games too.

People have been experiencing some funny glitches since the change from DX9 to DX11 (with BGFX), mostly it's been when the game servers are under high load like in WvW or large PvE metas.  There's also an upcoming change being made to Post-processing options which will either help or hurt the situation.  About the only thing that may help with the texture issue is making sure your streaming option is set to Max (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options#Streaming)

Walls flickering is an issue with the shadows.  Sometimes they just don't match when you turn your camera.

On 2/17/2024 at 10:22 AM, Demeth.5816 said:

I have similar issues, textures leaking, black boxes appearing on the UI, walls flickering... I'm about to send back my graphics card, is it the game?! 

I just started experiencing this today, with pieces of geometry extruding toward the horizon. I also get black screens sometimes when I try to screenshot. No idea wtf is going on, running a 3060 Ti with 6gb onboard, 32gb RAM, M2 drive, Quad core i5 10th gen. This usually happens when the GPU is dying, which is a bit concerning!

Edit - I ran 3DMark and nothing out of the ordinary happened. No glitches, same score as always, GPU over clocked itself like usual and nothing went above 60°C. Seems like my game installation is corrupted somehow.

Edited by nosleepdemon.1368

• 2 weeks later...

Still a bug. In maps with high amounts of players, textures will randomly turn black including ground and characters, and inventory items as well as skills might disappear entirely. Textures are fixable by going to a different zone, but missing icons for skills and inventory items tend to persist until game restart.

got the same problem, textures turning black (this is on events with loads of players in it) and items disappearing . You can still mouse over the items and use em.

this is on my home pc with a 4070-ti. 

I also have a pc at work with a 4060 in it, and havent seen the problem on that pc, though i only did some short tests on it.

• 2 months later...

I'm seeing the same issue with blue squares the last few days. Items in inventory either do not show at all (just the box they are in is highlighted), or they show as solid blue square. Also a few times now in Auric Basin, after meta, the entire screen goes black or blue, and I can only see the chest icons. unchecking "Color Grading" temporarily fixes it sometimes. Also seeing black or blue squares on the ground during Tequatl, as well as textures missing (mount invisible) and other players partially black/blue.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2024 at 9:56 AM, Veneficus.2317 said:

I'm seeing the same issue with blue squares the last few days. 

Been seeing the blue squares while running on Arch Linux, whew thought my installation was going wonky. Getting a lot of blue squares during the Tequatl fight, turning models and model quality down to low helps a little but still gets corrupted. I know I have plenty of space for the game to work, 64GB RAM and 16GB VRAM. Will have to try that color grading option. Doesn't happen while we're all sitting around waiting for it to start, maybe it's the combat effects doing it? Will have to renable effects LOD too next time to see if that helps, normally run everything set to maximum except model count.

• Like 1