Relic of Lyhr and..... Berserker?!

Lan Deathrider.5910

I was sitting here staring at the Relic of Lyhr and reading it and a thought came to me.

It redirects 50% of strike damage to the person who healed the allies. Strike Damage... You know what can almost perma maintain strike damage immunity? Berserker.

Now, I haven't used Lyhr yet, so I don't know if it's the kind of damage redirect that ignores defenses, but if it doesn't then that may be something to look into.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Tactics traitline.

Sure, just thought how i could implament it into my build. Sadly no space for Tactics on it.

3 minutes ago, Dirame.8521 said:

Pop Stance heal and pop shouts to heal allies and laugh at the enemy as they heal you? 

So you lose alot of Berserker Uptime because you lose 2 rage skills. In PvP/WvW sure, why not.

My mind was on my openworld berserker.

9 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Sure, just thought how i could implament it into my build. Sadly no space for Tactics on it.

So you lose alot of Berserker Uptime because you lose 2 rage skills. In PvP/WvW sure, why not.

My mind was on my openworld berserker.

It wouldn't be a DPS build. You would use Berserk to gain procs of Savage Instinct, then exit with Eternal Champion to reproc it.

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

The fact that the ally can't be shielded again for 10s after the shield expire is the main issue. If it weren't for that it would indeed be an attractive option.

I see two use cases. Use it before big AoEs hit. Use it in between to make sure random damage does not do so much damage that the big AoEs kill people. The limiting factor is that the damage is redirected to the healer, which without damage immunity would be a problem, hence pulling in Berserker.

On 10/6/2023 at 8:11 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I see two use cases. Use it before big AoEs hit. Use it in between to make sure random damage does not do so much damage that the big AoEs kill people. The limiting factor is that the damage is redirected to the healer, which without damage immunity would be a problem, hence pulling in Berserker.

Anyway, if you're the healer it mean that you'll trigger the effect whenever you heal and the effect is off cd. Thus it mean that using this relic will either impede your ability to heal or be left out of control.

Objectively, it's a poor choice of relic for a dedicated healer. Theoretically, it would be a great relic for the "tank" that GW2 never ever needed (the tank that selfishly increase it's sustain to the maximum and keep the mobs/boss aggro onto himself) or a healer that rely mainly on barrier to keep it's allies alive and have a damage immunity to avoid implosion (A mechanist healer build might work, Scourge is out since he doesn't have any damage immun in it's kit).

Whatever happen, I don't picture a berserker pulling out an efficient use out of this relic effect.

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Anyway, if you're the healer it mean that you'll trigger the effect whenever you heal and the effect is off cd. Thus it mean that using this relic will either impede your ability to heal or be left out of control.

Objectively, it's a poor choice of relic for a dedicated healer. Theoretically, it would be a great relic for the "tank" that GW2 never ever needed (the tank that selfishly increase it's sustain to the maximum and keep the mobs/boss aggro onto himself) or a healer that rely mainly on barrier to keep it's allies alive and have a damage immunity to avoid implosion (A mechanist healer build might work, Scourge is out since he doesn't have any damage immun in it's kit).

Whatever happen, I don't picture a berserker pulling out an efficient use out of this relic effect.

Fair, but then said zerker could use warhorn and Banner of Defense in between heals too.