How People Complain About Elementalist in WvW

solemn.9670

14 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Please don't be silly, don't quite Ele, Solemn.
I love your voice (not so much the dwarf fart) and you're the only one that gives me hope for ele since I myself quite roaming after daggers leaps nerf "QoL"

I'm glad that I can inspire some hope to continue playing ele for you. I'm not quitting, but definitely playing a lot less lately. T4 roaming is still mostly fun because people just play whatever build they feel like -- and actually try to have some fun -- but sometimes even in T3 and almost always above T2: people just play the most annoying builds possible and still somehow have this attitude of "elementalist is impossible to defeat and you're disgusting for playing it", despite it being generally weaker than everything else.

The biggest kicker was how the devs actually made ele worse by buffing it, because they ended up reversing the buffs so hard that over the course of this year ele has actually become weaker because of all the "buffs" they did and un-did.

Though I'll be honest, the dagger leap change seemed bad at first but I find it very useful now. If I want to go straight I just click off the target for a second

Lol, had the same experience when i was doing wvw roaming on a weaver before EOD. The most satisfying thing i had was 3 man "roaming" squad that wanted to kill me, i 1 v 3 them cause they just used random skills. Then they took "revenge" on me in my PM saying that i "was hacking" and "using macro". 

Another guy got obliterated in 3 skills (imagine that) and started screaming that "learn to use skills and not spam things randomly". Well if he died to a random spaming ele, i guess my tactics worked 😄

Edited by soulknight.9620

11 hours ago, soulknight.9620 said:

Lol, had the same experience when i was doing wvw roaming on a weaver before EOD. The most satisfying thing i had was 3 man "roaming" squad that wanted to kill me, i 1 v 3 them cause they just used random skills. Then they took "revenge" on me in my PM saying that i "was hacking" and "using macro". 

Another guy got obliterated in 3 skills (imagine that) and started screaming that "learn to use skills and not spam things randomly". Well if he died to a random spaming ele, i guess my tactics worked 😄

Ya lmao to some degree it's just players being whiny babies in general, but always irks me when it turns into "my lack of attention to detail means ele is OP" lol

On 10/8/2023 at 10:20 PM, solemn.9670 said:

Though I'll be honest, the dagger leap change seemed bad at first but I find it very useful now. If I want to go straight I just click off the target for a second

I'm an "old" gamer and without enough time and energy to deconstruct years of habits.
Key binding, pin point balance in gear and efforts are already high on elem, and this change totally kicks me out of WvW roaming.

I get why they need to make changes to create novelty and precisely avoid the routine, but ... dagger leaps ... come on Anet ...  Why not #2 spray cones, AA ?