Sound issue while open shop and wizard's vault

Greetings,

the whole sound ingame and and of my operating system have massive interruptions every few seconds as long as the the ingame shop menu and the wizard's vault menu are opened.
These interruptions disappeared after closing the menus.

I noticed this issue since SOTO has been released. Never got an issue like this before.

I already reinstalled GW2 and uninstalled Realtek Drivers. No change.

😕

We just had this same problem with my wife's computer in the water Straights of Devastation. All in game and OS sounds stopped working and the game became quite laggy for her as well. We had to restart her computer to get her sound working we then went back into the game and within a few minutes her sound cut out again. My sounds didn't stop working but my game was lagging as well and we both had a ping time of 22ms.  

On 10/20/2023 at 1:20 AM, Artair.1687 said:

Don't know how or why, but both of those windows are secretly a web browser disguised as in game native UI, so it probably has something to do with the browser components in some way, shape, or form

In that case it could be worth checking if your firewall/antivirus/internet security software is involved in this. It may doing additional checks on the browser process that is launched and the network traffic it generates.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 4:20 PM, Artair.1687 said:

Don't know how or why, but both of those windows are secretly a web browser disguised as in game native UI, so it probably has something to do with the browser components in some way, shape, or form

Just sayin'...it no secret the Gem Store/Trading Post/Wizard's Vault are web browsers.  ArenaNet has never hidden that fact.