ToT Bags/Candy still nerfed a year later. WHY?

Spook.5847

Anet had a year to flag the goodies in the ToT bags as not convertible to notes so we could have our candy back, and didnt bother to do it.

First launch of my mount in Lab, and I got reminded that the mount control bug is also still active.

Thanks again for the stellar service.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

On 10/20/2023 at 1:52 PM, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Pretty sure you were always warned the Labyrnth is a "Fly at your own Risk" area.

Did you even bother to read before responding?  I am not speaking to the game feature of the lab that prevents players from "harassing" the mad king and joko, etc.  The mount control bug is when you summon a mount, and then it moves sideways or is not properly controllable using arrow keys until you manually direct it with the two-button mouse movement command.  Sloppy programming that hasnt been fixed for years.

• Confused 4

Why use the arrow keys use wsad or esdf like the majority of the people bud.

Edit

And if the answer is Im left handed yes so?

Im left handed and learned to use it like right handed people because I wanted the path of least resistance everything in life is made for right handed people.

If your lucky they make a left handed thingimabob but not always.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I did read. Actually my reading comprehension is exceptionally high, as is my vocabulary, and my grammar usage. I'm rather proud of my linguistic aptitude. So now that we've got that out of the way...

3 hours ago, Spook.5847 said:

Did you even bother to read before responding?  I am not speaking to the game feature of the lab that prevents players from "harassing" the mad king and joko, etc.  The mount control bug is when you summon a mount, and then it moves sideways or is not properly controllable using arrow keys until you manually direct it with the two-button mouse movement command.  Sloppy programming that hasnt been fixed for years.

I did read your opening post. Now let's reference your opening post:

On 10/20/2023 at 3:43 PM, Spook.5847 said:

Anet had a year to flag the goodies in the ToT bags as not convertible to notes so we could have our candy back, and didnt bother to do it.

First launch of my mount in Lab, and I got reminded that the mount control bug is also still active.

Thanks again for the stellar service.

ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE IN THERE DID YOU MENTION MOUNTS FLYING SIDEWAYS OR NOT BEING CONTROLLABLE. I HOPE THAT WAS PLAIN ENOUGH IN TEXT FOR YOU TO COMPREHEND. Now, all you said was "mount control bug" and to this date the only "bug" I've ever come across was the mechanic in the lab where you're dismounted and sent down for, as you phrased it, harassing Joko or Daddy Thorn. So I assumed, having never experienced this bug you're talking about, that that's what you meant. Which would be understandable for anyone that is either A) New to the game (and I have no way of knowing how long you've been here) or B) allergic to the concept of reading, which does plague a large swath of the casual playerbase. So when you get all excited to jump someone for some percieved wrong you think they've commited, in the words of my generation, I suggest you check yourself before you wreck yourself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why use the arrow keys use wsad or esdf like the majority of the people bud.

Edit

And if the answer is Im left handed yes so?

Im left handed and learned to use it like right handed people because I wanted the path of least resistance everything in life is made for right handed people.

If your lucky they make a left handed thingimabob but not always.

You deny your heritage? You're no true lefty

• Haha 1

That teleport thing when you cross some walls in Lab is to prevent players to use mounts too much in that area and force them to stay inside Labs pathway. When you know that then this isn't a problem and to avoid getting in downstate or killed from fall damage use enough Vitality to increase your HP and have a stun break ready when you land to fast get back out of animation to not get overwhelmed from hostile NPCs.

As far as I know it is only one or two places one will be teleported to so it is easy enough to get back up and avoid getting killed when this happens, stay in pathways in Lab (do not fly, walk when you are on top of walls where this happens or use any mounts that can cross over walls like Springer or Jackals - that incudes Gliding on those places) and you should have less issues with teleporting from crossing those walls.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

I did read. Actually my reading comprehension is exceptionally high, as is my vocabulary, and my grammar usage. I'm rather proud of my linguistic aptitude. So now that we've got that out of the way...

I did read your opening post. Now let's reference your opening post:

ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE IN THERE DID YOU MENTION MOUNTS FLYING SIDEWAYS OR NOT BEING CONTROLLABLE. I HOPE THAT WAS PLAIN ENOUGH IN TEXT FOR YOU TO COMPREHEND. Now, all you said was "mount control bug" and to this date the only "bug" I've ever come across was the mechanic in the lab where you're dismounted and sent down for, as you phrased it, harassing Joko or Daddy Thorn. So I assumed, having never experienced this bug you're talking about, that that's what you meant. Which would be understandable for anyone that is either A) New to the game (and I have no way of knowing how long you've been here) or B) allergic to the concept of reading, which does plague a large swath of the casual playerbase. So when you get all excited to jump someone for some percieved wrong you think they've commited, in the words of my generation, I suggest you check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Responding from a position of ignorance of the subject matter, and instead assuming a different subject, does not strike me as something to be proud of.  I did not post to you, personally, nor for the purpose of discussing the mount bug's details.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Spook.5847 said:

Responding from a position of ignorance of the subject matter, and instead assuming a different subject, does not strike me as something to be proud of.  I did not post to you, personally, nor for the purpose of discussing the mount bug's details.

You do know that the forum is 99.9% players the chance a developer would respond to you is near nil.

So if you dont post on the forum to talk to players why not just send an email to Anet, it will give the same chance of a reply mate.

And if you talk to players its best to be as detailed as possible or like in this thread assumptions and mistakes happen.

• Like 1

They are not adding back in the food.  Move on.  We've all expressed our sadness multiple times over this, and perhaps they simply don't want to bother with redoing it to make it not researchable.  How about something new instead?  I'd rather have materials than food personally, but that's just me.  

There's a mount bug?  Huh did not know this, never encountered it.  Oh bother.   

Submit a suggestion, submit a big ticket.  Done.  

Edited by Farohna.6247
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

They are not adding back in the food.  Move on.  We've all expressed our sadness multiple times over this, and perhaps they simply don't want to bother with redoing it to make it not researchable.  How about something new instead?  I'd rather have materials than food personally, but that's just me.  

There's a mount but?  Huh did not know this, never encountered it.  Oh bother.   

Submit a suggestion, submit a big ticket.  Done.  

What mount are in the trick or treat bags?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Spook.5847 said:

Oh no, you're right. You didn't post to me, personally, and you also didn't post the bug's details either as I already illustrated. I find it amusing that you're going to die on this hill rather than admit you screwed up. I would say that takes moxxy, but that would imply it wasn't a fools errand to begin with.

Implying that I was responding from a position of ignorance when you barely gave a premise to begin with is laughable. If I were to be analytical I would have to guess that the only way someone could have possibly known what your premise in the first place was is if they were one of the, seemingly EXCEEDINGLY RARE judging by these responses, people who have encountered your bug or a member of the technical team at Anet themselves, which as has already been stated would have been FAR better achieved if you just filled out a bug report and submitted that directly. Which leads us to further assumptions: Either you don't know how the reporting system works which would be impossible for someone with a towering intellect such as yours, or you never actually wanted to fix the problem and instead you were spoiling for a fight because this bug made you angry for some reason. Given the way this has gone I think it's fairly easy to guess which one it was. And so here you go! You wanted a fight, you got one. It's not a very fair one. I think someone once referred to it as "Philosophically fencing with the intellectually disarmed". Not to make any kind of direct insinuations, but there we are. I warned you not to wreck yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1