Mad King's Labyrinth/Lab Private Instance

bullsxtwo.1027

I am a bit confused.  How would private instances of the Labyrinth be abused?  If my current squad is waiting for doors to refresh, currently I can just blink to a less full map via the lfg tab.  The Labyrinths aren't synchronized.  The entire squad could dissolve into other maps fairly quickly.  How would starting a new instance be appreciably faster? We would save, what, five minutes?  

I don't believe that the want for private Labyrinth instances is about abusing a system.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

That obviously means that this is not a new issue of which they are unaware, and would seem to make it quite clear that if they were going to allow private instances, they would have done so by now.

Well the game didn't start with strike missions, but we have them now.  It could be that the devs didn't consider turning the Labyrinth into a festival strike mission.  It isn't always obvious when a specific application can be used for other purposes.  Devs aren't omniscient. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If one can already move to another lab instance where the doors are still shut, then this really isn't a problem, is it?  The squad can just move there, doors are closed so they can open and loot them, rinse and repeat.

The reality is that this isn't so simple - individual players can move to other instances if they leave the squad they are in and join a new one.  Of course, there is no guarantee that the instance they join has all the doors shut, and they would then need to reform the squad.  So maybe this takes 5-10 minutes, but that is 5-10 minutes you are doing this, which one would have to balance vs staying on the map one is on with a full squad and just waiting for the doors to reset.  If one could nearly instantly move a squad to a new map with all doors closed, they clear that map, and then nearly instantly move to yet another new map with all the doors closed, that is pretty clearly going to increase the amount doors (and thus loot) they get.

24 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Well the game didn't start with strike missions, but we have them now.  It could be that the devs didn't consider turning the Labyrinth into a festival strike mission.  It isn't always obvious when a specific application can be used for other purposes.  Devs aren't omniscient. 

Interesting that you didn't also quote the next couple of sentences, which should have been a reality check on the devs' interest in (and motivation for) doing such a thing.

Whatever. "Private festival instance" is literally a contradiction in terms. It's been 11 years now, but by all means keep wishing for something that won't happen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Oh, it would certainly get abused for farming; that's the whole reason for the request. That's also probably the main reason it is the way it 

What happens if you approach it from that perspective, while also taking into account their years-long lack of action on innumerable, objectively broken game elements which are live year-round? You realize that ANet is not going to change a signature part of its oldest annual festival just so some people can squeeze even more loot out of what is already a gold mine.

They made relics.  They could have just nerfed runes, but they added an entirely new accessory equipment and a slot to put it in.  If they are willing to change something as fundamental as the equipment setup, unchanged for 11 years, then I would guess anything is on the table.  After witnessing relics, even rebalancing water combat looks like something the devs might do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This game has so many screamers yelling at newbies for opening door like it is some sort of doomsday device, to the point it started sounding like a bunch of jobless teenagers farming gold to show it off among their peer or something similar.

This level of competitiveness in gold farming is not fitting to the general age of GW2 players, most should be above 25+, and if this is their approach to gaming at that age group then god help you to fix your life. 

Edited by TheDemonEmperor.6825
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I actually like mounts - it gives me a chance to catch up if I'm stopping to carve pumpkins or mine candycorn.  But when I catch up, I just dismount and don't use the attack feature.

And the raptor race would have issues if you can't mount up for that.

The labyrinth is an odd mix - you have mobs of low power creature, so ideally the squad running is doing low DPS so everyone can tag things before they die.  But then you run into the bosses, where you want high DPS or the fights will take forever.

1 hour ago, Solvar.7953 said:

I actually like mounts - it gives me a chance to catch up if I'm stopping to carve pumpkins or mine candycorn.  But when I catch up, I just dismount and don't use the attack feature.

The labyrinth is an odd mix - you have mobs of low power creature, so ideally the squad running is doing low DPS so everyone can tag things before they die.  But then you run into the bosses, where you want high DPS or the fights will take forever.

I agree 100% with this. 

I think in years past people basically followed the tag for maximum rewards, understanding it is about tagging mobs, more then a slaughter. Without a mount you were grateful for a group.  I left 4 groups today that, including 2 of the tags,  zoomed ahead of their own group to open a door and raptor kill the one or two candies that came out. One tag stated how they needed bags.  Then finally found a good run that had shared quickness and we looked like a blob of blue the group was so tight. Wave after wave of mobs came out of the green doors.  Hopefully if it is just lack of knowledge and eventually they will figure it out. A bit surprised at the hostility toward the OP in this thread.  

On 10/25/2023 at 1:23 AM, bullsxtwo.1027 said:

Hey, look an actually well-thought-out counterargument.

No it's not since you can, at any time, switch to another map and open all the doors.

Does anyone actually do that?
I mean sure an entire squad wont, but there surely are enough greedy players that would if that means more profit. So are there players doing that?
I doubt that there is more profit.
There exists a fixed labyrinth rotation, if followed then there is always loot.

I sometimes switch maps, depending whether I want all doors or only green doors.
And today I switched around several map ips to finish the carving achievement.

15 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

I've been finding that quickherald is good for this. When fighting the weak mobs, just pulse regen and swiftness and autoattack (or even just leech, you get credit for the tags of people you buff). When a boss shows up, bring out your raid rotations.

There are probably other builds out there where you can switch between basically leeching and bringing out the big guns as needed.