Nov Balance, 2 Steps Backwards for Mesmer...

Voyant.1327

No offense, but you sound more out of touch with Mesmer than Anet has been these past few years till now. No Mesmer and especially no Chrono worth their salt (which was a freaking lot I might add) would be displeased with any of these changes. They're all straight up buffs and changes to the shoddy "reworks" we've been getting for years

For the first time in years, Anet seems to be taking a liking to Mesmer

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Vincenzo.3145 said:

No offense, but you sound more out of touch with Mesmer than Anet has been these past few years till now. No Mesmer and especially no Chrono worth their salt (which was a freaking lot I might add) would be displeased with any of these changes. They're all straight up buffs and changes to the shoddy "reworks" we've been getting for years

For the first time in years, Anet seems to be taking a liking to Mesmer

Really? It kills the celestial signet build dead in the water, but presumably you're just a PvE player.

48 minutes ago, Medusa.7346 said:

Really? It kills the celestial signet build dead in the water, but presumably you're just a PvE player.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, it just nerfs it a bit... you either have to choose sustain or condy clear which you already have from a hundred other places, it will still be good. 

Keep in mind that we still haven't had our hands on it. Try having an open mind at least. It's a good patch for mesmers!

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, phokus.8934 said:

In my perfect world, Sand through Glass would remove all movement impairment effects, evade to .75s and movement increased to 450u and grant Fury.

Just give it a carbon copy of Riposting Shadows minus the endurance gain and 600u.

Agree with 3/4s evade and remove at least cripple/chill/immob, unsure about fury. Personal subjective take of liking the current range as it complements axe 2 nicely in melee range through the mirror - but I think compromise could be to give it 2 charges so you can "double dodge" to greater range if desired?

The thing that bothers me most is it still seems to go in the skill queue and not immediately override anything else taking place, unlike other stunbreaks - eg decoy. Makes it really awkward to use sometimes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

I wish jaunt would remove immob/chilled/crip as well. 😭

Mirage desperately needs more access to cleansing those types of condi's, especially immob.

Jaunt does remove 1 condition and those are included. You can jaunt while inmob too to cleanse it.

Problem is that it doesn't take prio over all other condis you have so that's that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah it's not like we can build to kitten out resistance or be virtually immune to soft cc conditions like some other specs. After all the moaning about mirage dodge being "broken"/overpowered, this seems to be overlooked.

Ok we got a bone thrown to us with sand through glass removing immob, and cheesing relic of resistance with max boon duration and traited mirror heal with alacrity is another method, but this is ridiculous to resort to such nonsense to have some kind of basic survival quality of life.

Among other things, Elusive mind for example could be changed to provide such facility to be harder to catch, rather than the random and extremely bland/uninspired and stupid remove one condition on mirage cloak.

Edited by Curunen.8729
  • Like 3